Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 18-03-2013
Mad Member

Default Schumachers New Micro Offroader - EMB-1

Schumacher are distributing a new Micro Offroad car from LC-Racing, the EMB-1. I've just finished building this up and it's an ace bit of kit for only £140! The Micro scene is getting better and better and I think we're going to see a few of these Schumachers at next years nationals In case you aren't familiar, I've given the Micro scene a quick overview!

The Micro section is fairly young, we’ve not been doing it that many years compared to other classes so we’ve already been through quite a bit of development to get us to to where we are now. So what makes the latest generation of cars different from the previous? Well here’s a brief history on what we have been racing in the Micro Offroad class!

The Micro class - Losi Mini-t and Associated RC18’s
The originals, founders of the micro class

Micro development - FTX Blaze
A decent car at a good price, setting the scale of ‘Micro’ and the favourite car at the early UK Micro Challenge events.

Further Class development - LRP Shark ST
Essentially a FTX Blaze… but wider. The favoured car for years in till Duratrax created a longer ‘Short course’ Chassis which we all purchased to legnthen the Sharks wheelbase. Not an easy car to build, you had to purchase a LRP Shark ST and THEN import the longer Chassis/Drive shaft from America before you then bought a specially made body shell from Phat Bodes. At this stage not an easy class to get into!

Competitive Ready to Run Cars - Carisma GT14 and the Losi Mini-8ight
Over the last two national series’ Carisma and Losi have released their RTR car’s allowing an easy introduction to the micro class. Working with set dimensions creating a car which is easy to purchase and competitive out of the box. Allowing us to have record breaking entries for our national series

RACE Rollers -Schumacher EMB-1 and the Carisma GTB.
This brings us to now, we’re seeing the introduction of dedicated race rollers. Rather than having to purchase a ready to run, ditch some of the radio gear, buy upgrades etc you can now buy cars which you can add your ready gear from the beginning. Specific race cars..

So here's mine, the latest generation of Micro Offroad Racing. The LC-Racing EMB-1 distributed by Schumacher.

In comes in kit format, a nice way to learn the car. Comes in a box no bigger than a shoe box

RED!! The motor mount doesn't need modifying at all and neither does the chassis, a big can motor will drop straight in

Fully adjustable slipper. No rubbish little bent clip like on the Losi, you have a wacking great spring on this slipper assembly to adjust. Also the the turn buckles are handed so you know which way to adjust them. The ends of the ball cups are also already drilled so you can change camber positions without popping them off :good:

Decent size battery tray

All shocks should be like this :yahoo: Gun metal hardware through-out and all hex heads too, won't be needing to use a screw driver on this kit.

I've had SO many different kits from all sorts of manufactures but how many come with a bag labeled SPARES?! Can't fault being given a few bits and bobs incase you loose something when building the kit, good work :good: Also comes complete with 3 different pinions to choose from!

All in all very impressed with the build of the car, it has some great features and also looking forward to trying out the fully sealed oil filled diffs. I just got to add my radio gear now and then I should be able to start getting it set-up On previous talk about the car people were on about the shock towers too, I compared them to my Mini-8ight ones. The Mini-8ight towers weigh in at 8g each and these weigh in at 7.5g so they are actually slightly lighter, each carbon tower works out about 3g lighter.

Mendip R/C Raceway - Offroad Racing in South-West
WORM-Racing - GT12 Racing in the South-West