Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 22-01-2014

Default thanks

Thanks for the info. I got through to a helpful guy today actually (at durango). Waiting for a call back off another guy but i was told i would get replacements. I think i may have been ringing the wrong number!
I know it seems like a simple task to find order confirmations and emails, but my mrs ordered it and shes got quite a few email addresses. I have had to return a couple of christmas presents and all i had to confirm to do this was name address and postcode. When i rang to order the car j.e. had all the details of my last purchases, address etc.
I dont think i will use them again.
I have a business to run, the mrs works full time and we have four children.I was a bit stressed yesterday.
If i have any further issues after tomorrow i wont hesitate in posting some more bitchy stuff

Last edited by davidmog99; 22-01-2014 at 05:50 PM. Reason: curry
Old 22-01-2014

Unfair to say you wouldn't use JE again, they were courteous enough to reply to you, despite your finger pointing rant. It would usually be Durango you would deal with with the faults you described, and they appear to be sorting your problem out.
Old 23-01-2014

Default j.e.

I think its entirely fair that i can choose which shops i order from.
I havent got close to ranting yet
Old 23-01-2014
Mad Member

Glad to see your problem getting sorted.
Old 23-01-2014

Default update

Thanks for everyones helpful posts, durango are going to post out replacements for the faulty radio gear. The gear might have to come from germany, they are checking their uk stock, so i may have to wait a short while.
Big thanks to the kind fella who offered to let me use his radio gear. Its one of the reasons why i think oople and rc is great.
Its probably going to be next weekend for racing now, but i cant fault durango service. They were aware of the problem on wednesday and on thursday agreed to remedy it.
Old 24-01-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmog99 View Post
I think its entirely fair that i can choose which shops i order from.
but it is somewhat unfair that your lack of organisation is causing what is really a simple warranty problem to be made into a massive shop/supplier/wholesale/manufacturer issue.

Lots of people have multiple email addresses, lots of people have jobs, lots of people have kids. They all manage to find the paperwork.
Old 24-01-2014

Default organisation?

Well durango didnt get back to me this morning, so i phoned this afternoon, was told i hadnt been forgotten about and that they they would phone back.
I didnt get a phonecall.
Old 24-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattr View Post
but it is somewhat unfair that your lack of organisation is causing what is really a simple warranty problem to be made into a massive shop/supplier/wholesale/manufacturer issue.

Lots of people have multiple email addresses, lots of people have jobs, lots of people have kids. They all manage to find the paperwork.
I have all the relevant paperwork and emails from j.e. now. How would you suggest i go from here?
Old 24-01-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
I have all the relevant paperwork and emails from j.e. now. How would you suggest i go from here?
exactly where you are going!
Finding paperwork earlier might have helped?
Old 24-01-2014

Your sales contract is with JE so in theory with them but if they changed ownership it may muddy the waters. Keep harassing TD for a solution if all else fails, it worked for me in the end.
Old 24-01-2014

Default yes

It may have helped to get a refund, which my first posts stated wasnt what i wanted. The car is brand new, never used. Im actually unsure if i am going to get a refund as i paid by paypal.

Looks like buying another car as i have no idea when im likely to have the faulty parts replaced. It would have been better to be actually told we cant get the parts than told nothing.

Thanks for that the companies involved. Youve made my weekend.
Old 24-01-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
It may have helped to get a refund, which my first posts stated wasnt what i wanted. The car is brand new, never used. Im actually unsure if i am going to get a refund as i paid by paypal.

Looks like buying another car as i have no idea when im likely to have the faulty parts replaced. It would have been better to be actually told we cant get the parts than told nothing.

Thanks for that the companies involved. Youve made my weekend.
Maybe a bit of patience? If you were told you would be getting replacements, then you will, but you need to give the people involved enough time to get it sorted.
Old 24-01-2014

TD doesn't have great backup and I got fed up so I switched manufacturer. Shame really as there cars were good but what's the point if they struggle to back the product.

My experience left a sour taste in my mouth and unfortunately that's why I'm giving TD a wide birth from now on.

Don't get me wrong some people have never had issues and enjoy running their cars.

2011 Muchmore GP 4wd Champion

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 25-01-2014

Default patience

I could have patience if i knew the parts were actually coming, Or when they were coming.
Ten year olds arent exactly known for their patience.
Im too embarrased to tell my friend still no working car and god knows when or if parts will arrive.
Old 25-01-2014

Ahhhhhh, your 10 years old. That explains everything.
Old 25-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by andoiwebb View Post
Ahhhhhh, your 10 years old. That explains everything.
Very helpful and humorous.
Old 27-01-2014

Default still nothing

Still no return call from Team Durango.
Old 27-01-2014

Send a message via AIM to Adam Skelding Send a message via MSN to Adam Skelding Send a message via Yahoo to Adam Skelding Send a message via Skype™ to Adam Skelding

Who did you speak to at TD?
I'll check what's going on tomorrow.