Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 27-11-2009

Does this mean race control can tell you when you are about to burn something out

~Tiverton Radio Control Car Club-
Old 27-11-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Thats all very well and nice, but most people are interested in HOW MUCH WILL THEY COST!!
Old 27-11-2009
Administrator

You're a big tease Rob - so, there's a new PT coming that we'll all want? I have to say, having a PT is the 'best thing ever' now I have one, but even with a mates-rate from where I got it, it was still a big investment at the time. I don't know how much they are now but realisticly I think they need to come in under 50 quid for us cheap-ass electric off road guys.
Old 27-11-2009

Realistically they won't be under £50, I doubt it'll even be cheaper than the current PT.

Think of the outrage if the new one was released with a cheaper price and people have just been rinsed for £100+ on an older model....
Old 27-11-2009
Super Moderator

So, the telemetry thing is illegal? So the race director can know things, but you can't What's the point?

G
Old 27-11-2009

Its only illegal for our nationals and regionals if they wish to choice to abide by that rule. Club races its fine and so are other none BRCA meetings aslong as the race officials will alloow it.

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 27-11-2009

Is it illegal, I thought it was only if you could adjust things, on the fly that was illegal, will have to dig out the BRCA manual and look.
Old 27-11-2009

right rob you got me spinning around and i dont know now what to do
i was just about to buy a pt but now should i wait or should i go and get one it realy comes down to price and how many theres going to be and if it will be out before xmas. now stop being a tease and put us out of our missery

Ginge

Reality Racing - Team Associated - Savox - CML
Old 27-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
Is it illegal, I thought it was only if you could adjust things, on the fly that was illegal, will have to dig out the BRCA manual and look.

the brca rule is you can transmit information to your car but you can`t receive any data or info back from your car

i think thats about it
Old 27-11-2009

If they were £40 i think everyone would have one, thats around the price mark they need to be I reckon
Old 27-11-2009

Will they be out before christmas Rob and would these be able to have cloned numbers to our existing pt's like mrt do?
Old 27-11-2009

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalky View Post
the brca rule is you can transmit information to your car but you can`t receive any data or info back from your car

i think thats about it
nearly chalky, your cars electrics can not tramsmit data to an external source, it does not specify its to the driver/pitman etc.

i would think the BRCA are going to need to clarify this new bug is going to be legal.

ROb does it transmit via radio waves or wireless signal??

10. Radio Equipment
The BRCA recognises the UKRCC as the national authority for the UK on radio equipment. The BRCA will work within the rules and guidelines specified by the UKRCC RC Equipment must be used in accordance with the manufacturers guidelines. Any modification to any component that may affect performance and/or power of original equipments is specifically not allowed. This applies especially to the aerial and power source.
Only published frequencies are allowed (see Handbook). The reversal of crystals is not allowed.
It is not allowed to use any form of active telemetry, which in the opinion of the event officials or steward, is judged to give a competitor an advantage during any race. Therefore, it is not allowed for any radio/wireless signals to be transmitted from the car to an external source during a race, that is judged by the officials to give the driver a competitive advantage during that particular race.
Old 27-11-2009
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
.......that is judged by the officials to give the driver a competitive advantage during that particular race.

So you can transmit radio signals - just as long as they aren't read live.. Or you can stream MP3's from your rc if you like.
Old 27-11-2009

I think this is the most annoying thread I've ever read

MB Models....Team Durango....Telsshells....韦恩是一个无线电遥控赛车上帝,克雷格是同性恋
Old 27-11-2009

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
So you can transmit radio signals - just as long as they aren't read live.. Or you can stream MP3's from your rc if you like.
reading it all pt's are a benifit to the racer for that race, as its counting your laps.........., kind of contradictory!!
Old 27-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacattack View Post
I think this is the most annoying thread I've ever read
Perfect marketing as you're remembering
Old 27-11-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

More annoying that Stampy?

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups
Old 27-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
nearly chalky, your cars electrics can not tramsmit data to an external source, it does not specify its to the driver/pitman etc.

ROb does it transmit via radio waves or wireless signal??
"Harry also sends its operating voltage and temperature as part of the ID"

Transponders are a Radio Frequency ID device, so its transmitted by radio waves.

If yours cars electrics are not allowed to transmit data by radio waves, then essentially our current PT's are illegal (your PT is part of your car electrics and the ID number is data).

Unless your pitman assembles his own loop over/under the track and invests 2K in a decoder kit then the information is only available to race control.

I suppose the usefulness of this is for investigating miss counts / duff transponders, especially for the 1 cell lipo racers. Race control will be able to tell if miscounts are being caused by low voltage to transponder - normally caused by fatigued wire, or in the case of 1 cell lipo could be BEC voltage dip.

Being able to read voltage with lap counts would be really great for handout transponders as you could monitor for a transponder with a battery on its way out. So substitute it before it goes duff in somebodies race.

All good if the price really is going to be half!
Old 27-11-2009

I would think that the telemetry rule, is more aimed at the 8th market, engine temp etc, or maybe 12th, with 8 min running and managing batteries, but, as you are not allowed to coach your driver either...... it is a very grey area.

It could be used as a data logging device...
Old 27-11-2009

Default Am I the only one with a BRCA handbook?

2009 handbook (printed) page 15, rile 10, paragraph 3.
"It is not allowed to use any form of active telemetary, which in the opinion of the event officials or stewards, is judged to give a competitor an advantage during a race. Therefore, it is not allowed for any radio/wireless signals to be transmitted from the car to an external source during a race, that is judged by the officials to give the driver a competitive advantage during that particular race.

(not sure I'm 100% agreed on the Therefore but that is another issue AND NOT FOR THIS THREAD!)

So...............................

You can't find out how much juice is still in the tank, or indeed monitor voltage, if that is judged to be a competitive advantage.

BUT................................

Race control monitoring (but not disclosing) voltage would not break this rule and would be a distinct advantage for marshal safety.

Re data logging, note the word DURING. No problem getting lots of post race info.

If my handbook is so rare, maybe I should put it on Ebay, or maybe you should all remember where you put your copy.