Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > News

Old 25-02-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

nope all the cells on the 2009 list are legal, including those from the 08 tc list that pass the "new rules" (these are shown on the bottom of the 09 list)

those on the tc list 08 that do not meet the "new rules" are ONLY legal in TC events or meetings where the 2009 list is not enforced (grandfather rights)
Old 25-02-2009

This is getting confusing as I have been told by one supplier that cells with wire connections are only legal for 2009? Is this correct or are all the cells inc the bottom ex TC ones legal from now (april 1st)until when ever
Old 25-02-2009

so all those publicised on the 2009 list, are legal, for the EB, period?
Old 25-02-2009
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

its quiet simple really, go here
if there on that list there legal for brca off road next year,
Old 25-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
so all those publicised on the 2009 list, are legal, for the EB, period?
All cells on the 2009 list are aproved for use at brca/eb sanctioned meetings TC off road etc etc

those NOT on the 09 list but on the TC list from 08 ARE allowed in TC or non sanctioned meetings not running brca/eb rules.
Old 25-02-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to millzy

Im so lost with the list

so why are my lipos ok for tc but not for buggys?
Old 25-02-2009

It really seems simple enough. Said list, 2009 approved lipos, includes at the bottom a section of those from the 2008 TC only list that are approved for offroad use in 2009. If you look at the 2008 TC list you will see that not all have made it onto the 2009 list.

However, under TC events which allow use of the 2008 list there will of course be some that can therefore be used in 2009, although not on the 2009 list. Such "grandfathering" rules cannot apply to off road, since no lipos were legal in 2008.
Old 25-02-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

The touring car section is allowing everything that they allowed last year (the 08 list) plus everything from the new official EB 09 list. The Off rd section is allowing everything from the EB 09 list - period. There are some that fall into both categories, and are listed in the lower part of the new EB 09 list.

There were clearly some that were passed legal for touring car last year, that do not meet the official EB specs. One such reason for this is Side exit wires. These are not allowed under the EB as they are not suitable for all classes - i.e many 2wd off rd cars. Remember the theme has been making cells fit current cars, not the other way round. Suspect there may be other differences between last year's Touring car spec and the official EB one.
Old 25-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by millzy View Post
Im so lost with the list

so why are my lipos ok for tc but not for buggys?
because the TC section have agreed (i believe after the lipo sizes and rules came into force) that thay would take on the EB list AND go thier own way by allowing extra from the old list, (any electric section can vote to do this)
Old 25-02-2009

I applaud the work gone in to making this list. However last year I purchased lipos that were listed on the EB lipo list as being legal for use in touring cars and ran them in my touring cars. Now my significant investment in batteries is not legal for off road, the class I am racing this year. I bought them last year in good faith that the EB would see sense to allow them to still be legal this year. Now, against my will if I wish to continue to race at BRCA off road events I have to spend some more money to get legal batteries. I thought lipo would end the annual event of buying new cells but it appears I am wrong. Sorry to grumble and I know a lot of work went into this but I don't see what difference it would make to allow the complete list of lipo batteries from 2008 to be allowed.
Old 26-02-2009
Mad Member

Lipos weren't legal at all for buggies at BRCA sanctioned events last year so as far as buggies go there is no 2008 list of lipos that can be allowed. Touring cars went their own way last year and created their own rules, it's only this year that a set of rules to cover every section that wants to use them have been created.

Following your logic should buggies and touring cars allow ex bike racers to use soft pack lipos as the bike section have been using them for years and they have invested in them?

Unfortunately you happened to have chosen one of the packs that aren't legal now we have a set of rules, I'm sure this wouldn't be a problem of you had chosen a different pack but it's purely luck if you had managed to guess right what the rules would be a year in advance. Of course there's nothing to stop you running them at club meets or selling them on to other touring car drivers.
Old 26-02-2009

I think it is obvious to us all why we don't allow soft cased lipos and a very sensible move. I still don't see why batteries that were perfectly legal in 1/10 touring cars are not legal in 1/10 buggies. The touring car section made the leap of faith and embraced these new batteries, and a lot of drivers I know in my club / area have driven touring cars and buggies recently and have lipos from the tc section list. I ask again, why are these packs not allowed and what difference would it have made to allow them? Perhaps if I understood the reasoning behind the decision it would help soften the blow a little. If luck was involved did the decision makers pull lottery tickets out a bag to decide which batteries were allowed?
Old 26-02-2009

Default Product number error

Guys,

The Reedy Stick Pack and Saddle Pack are referred to the same Product Number #711 which has to be a mistake right?
Correct numbers should be #711 for the Stick and #712 for the Saddle.
If this do not get corrected in the official list will it create problems for people showing up with the #712 Saddle Pack from Reedy?

Regards,
DaHomie
Old 26-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
I applaud the work gone in to making this list. However last year I purchased lipos that were listed on the EB lipo list as being legal for use in touring cars and ran them in my touring cars. Now my significant investment in batteries is not legal for off road, the class I am racing this year. I bought them last year in good faith that the EB would see sense to allow them to still be legal this year. Now, against my will if I wish to continue to race at BRCA off road events I have to spend some more money to get legal batteries. I thought lipo would end the annual event of buying new cells but it appears I am wrong. Sorry to grumble and I know a lot of work went into this but I don't see what difference it would make to allow the complete list of lipo batteries from 2008 to be allowed.
you need to be aware there has never been a EB list for lipo nor a BRCA list, the list was done for the TC section, by the EB guys, there is a big difference
Old 28-02-2009

Thumbs up WELL DONE PEOPLE

A big THANK YOU to all of you in BRCA land.
Old 28-02-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Does anyone know if any of the saddle packs on the list are available yet?

I think its a wile till the LRP, but the Vampire is soon from what I've seen of other posts (is that right?), but not heard anything about the others??

Just in case many meetings start running to the 09 list straight away, it's cool its been done in plenty of time for nationals/regionals though
Old 28-02-2009

i believe trakpower are waiting on a new batch to land in the uk
Old 28-02-2009
oOple Advertiser

The BRCA legal Vampire 4400mah/30C saddles (and the non BRCA 6200mah/30C saddels )will be leaving on or around the 8th March from the manufacturer, arriving with Vampire in Germany approx three days later. We should then see them 4/5 days later here in the UK, so all being well they "should" be here with us around the 15/16th March (customs/delays/deliveries dependant)
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 28-02-2009
Mad Member

Just a question?

Why have cells been allowed that technically don't exist yet!

We all run into a problem that all racers will want them as soon as they hit the UK, will there be enough to supply the demand.
Support from: My Back Pocket

Driver - 'Derek'
Feedback Link : http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48311
Old 28-02-2009
oOple Advertiser

The list will contain all cells that meet the "spec", many companies would not put cells into production if the worlds governing bodies (ROAR, IFMAR, EFRA and BRCA) would then not allow them for use.

Production samples that have been made and "expressed" over by airmail for testing and are now approved are being produced, packaged and shipped. Production and packing takes a few weeks at best, shipping can take anywhere between 7 days to three weeks depending on how they are being sent (air or boat) and then customs can delay by another week or so, which gives you the time differnece betwen the "sample" which is here already adn the "stock" which is on its way.

I know for a fact that some cells were already made and shipped BEFORE the list was announced by some brands since they were certian that their cells would meet the specs and be allowed, but they are still not here now the list has been published.

I
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636