Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > YORCC - York

Old 02-04-2012

Default ESC

Good Day

I am trying to slowly upgrade that little thing I run so that I can get better.. Yay!!!

Now the problem I have is that the ESC on my car is well im sure a bit rubbish as it came in a RTR car.

What should a person look for in a ESC?
What are top ESC names you should keep your eye open for?
What type of money should you be looking at spending when buying a ESC?
What diffrence does a good ESC do to you or the car?

Not sure if this is something to sticky on the forum so that any answers given will help others and not just myself.

Vince
Old 03-04-2012

Hey Vinny,

I did a lot of research into ESC's before buying mine, and when you follow the trail back through the internet, the overwhelming vast majority of the ESC's are the same internals with different software and shell.

To cut a long story short, the cheapest of the top end ESC's and a model I have found to be very easy to program and maintain is the Hobbywing 120A one. They are £100 all in, including program box and have all the bells and whistles of the more expensive ESC's without the extra monetary payment for the name that sits on the outside of them.

Check out Giantcod for them, but get the Xerun, not the Ezrun...

As far as the other questions go,

What should you look for? Programmability, ease of setting it all up, reliability and motor limit for me.
Names? I dont go by branding, I look for the best that I can get without spending the earth.
Cost? You can spend up to £200 quid, or as little as £100...
What difference does it make? Thats all in the programmability, change the agression of the power delivery, change braking profiles, punch settings. It can turn a very agressive car into a pussy cat like mine.

Hope this helps, but would be good to see other peoples opinions.

AC

Thanks to Gray @ 01 and Alex @ Moss Models for being a pair of legends and supporting their local clubs!

Trader Feedback