Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround

Old 27-12-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Settings on Blackberry Smartphone

Hi guys,
I know many of you will have a Blackberry by now, I haven't, but my girlfriend has just gone one.

She wants to change the message tone on it, and neither of us can find how. We have tried navigating through it, the manual, and the internet manual. Can't find how anywhere.

Its a Blackberry Bold 9000 Smartphone.

How do you guys do it? even if it ain't the same model any tips appreciated, thanks.
Old 27-12-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Southwell

Google is your friend....

Go to the Profiles Application -> Click Advanced -> Select the category you want to change (email, sms, phone), and there you can edit the ringtones and vibration settings.
Old 27-12-2008

You can also change the ring tone for the current profile by selecting it from the media player (press the menu button to get the app list). Select the tone, press the menu button again and from the pop-up choose 'set as ringtone'
Old 29-12-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Thanks Ian,
It worked

Cheers Tim, changing ringtone is something that can be done easily from playing the tune - but setting as message tone isn't so easy. I wish they'd just make another choice "Set as message tone" on the same menu, like my Sony Eriksonn, life would be so much more simple.

Now the Smartphone isn't letting us send photos or music, or anything to that matter, by Bluetooth. Its on, it pairs, it won't do anything without wanting to pair unlike our older phones, then when you do attempt to send - connection fails. Tried loads. I like the concept of it & the design of the phone and menus, but it just feels unfinished - I wouldn't have one.

Chris
Old 29-12-2008

Send a message via MSN to Gemma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislong View Post

Now the Smartphone isn't letting us send photos or music, or anything to that matter, by Bluetooth. Its on, it pairs, it won't do anything without wanting to pair unlike our older phones, then when you do attempt to send - connection fails. Tried loads. I like the concept of it & the design of the phone and menus, but it just feels unfinished - I wouldn't have one.

Chris
If your at Worksop at the weekend I can show you, it can be a bit of a b!tch

Basically you have to pair the additional Bluetooth device up first and when retrieving to the BB you need to go into the folder where you want the Picture/Music to go and goto Menu> retrieve by Bluetooth.

Its difficult to explian x

You'll either love me or hate me!

Old 29-12-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Cheers Gem (Happy New year to you and Kash btw x)

Yep we'll both be at Worksop next week. Will bring new and old phones so can do it. I think I kinda understand what you mean, will perhaps have another play later - but yeh, please show us next week.

Thanks
Chris
Old 30-12-2008

Hi Chris & Ian
the Blackberry Storm is continually haveing software upgrades, you might want to check out the Blackberry website for latest sofware upgrades.

The Storm is acknowledged as having a problem with Bluetooth, check out the following to resolve it;
Bluetooth
To bluetooth a media file, such as a ring tone, from another handset to their Storm. Go to

- Vodafone.co.uk
- go to the Blackberry Storm animated quick start.
- Click on Getting help with your new phone at the bottom
- Then sending and receiving files using bluetooth and follow the onscreen prompts

Like all Blackberry's in order for it to work correctly it needs the following;
1. Vodafone need to set up the Price Plane correctly and add the corrrect SOC.
2. YOU need to go online to www.mobileemail.vodafone.net and setup a new Blackberry account.
If you do the above and you have aproblem, call Vodafone on 191 and ask them to send the the "Service Book" this will solve most problems.
If I can be of any help drop me a note.

Tommy