Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-03-2008

Send a message via MSN to Thomas P
Talking Project Tamiya Lunchbox, The Brushlessbox

1st off, im from Sweden, my English aint so good, and i hope ya all can understand some of what i will wright here..can someone post a link with the code so i can do the pics SMALLER, thank you

To make a long story, short. My first ever rc-car was a Tamiya Wildwilly got it back in -82 still have it...DRY rubberwheels . No electronics, but someday...i will restore it.

I have always wanted a LB, a friend had one back in the 80´s and there it started...so for a few days ago, i did it..i ordred the LB from Honkong, but before everything, i read a lot of the car on rcuniverse, and here. Still a lot of unanswered questions, but hopfully they will come .

Since im in to racing 95% of my rc time, i have a need for speed.. (2wd and 4wd buggy El 1:10th). But this one, wont come near the performance my buggys will give me, i wil only build this one for fun, and to have anything to play with..kind of missed it a bit..

I hope to "pimp" it so much i can, and do some job on the handling...a major order from Towerhobbies will go on Tuesday. Will use Brushless spedo from LRP and a motor, around 6-7.5r and Lipo 4400mah for some runtime..

This is a copy from my project thread in Sweden..enjoy and il try to keep ya all updated.

Thomas P / back to basic ?

Tires and rims...

Bought Hornet AluHEX, they will let me try some diff 12mm Hex rims... i have or will order thoose..

RPM Bully rear/front (5mm axel är det, där har vi Traxxas NR som e bra)
HPI SS Monster Wheel
Traxxas Front Light wheel Dyable Truck

Rims above wil be shrouded with Proline rubber

Trac-Ta-Gator
Speed Paw
Striker II.

Batteries are as i said erlier, not decided yet, but it will probably be E-Power lipo 4400 mah 2s 20-30C series

My goal with this isnt speed , only joy..it will have a custom painted Parma lexan body for use, and a "nicer" stock body for meeting...

--------------------------------------------------------------------

20/3-2008

Car is ordred, app time to arrive in Swe 1 week
21/3-2008

Alloy Hex, app 2 veeks

22/3-2008

Starting the PAINFULL job to grind down my New FT rc10B4 shockhouse...this one is the tricky part..hard anodized .

Shocks in a Mr Muscle bath

23/3-2008

After a few hours...i was sooo close to give up...this is a true XXXX job, but something ive started i MUST end...Left house stock color..

At last...the first one is done...

The left one is my second, it is only "sanded, and it do realy have a weak surface, but the camera dont do it right... il think i go for the polished ones

Stay tune for updates...

/Thomas P

My blogg