Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > LRP

Old 19-09-2011

Default Anyone used Tamiya TA05 steering knuckles on an LRP Blast?

These steering knuckles seem to fit the Blast fine, but when I tighten the wheel up fully, it doesn't spin freely, if at all.

Anyone else had issues with these?
Old 19-09-2011

i cant say ive tryed tamiya steering hubs ive just got the standard ones from the blast and they are a bit of an issue from the rtr mine jump out of the screws from the bottom and my dads did the exact same thing on the same side and it had been over tightened at the factory. ive looked at the maverick ones from the strada look very similar i just dont know if there stronger than the blast ones

LRP S10 Blast BX
Losi Mini-T
AE RC10 B3
Losi XXX kinwald edition
Yokomo super dog fighter 2
Old 20-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr3Ad View Post
i cant say ive tryed tamiya steering hubs ive just got the standard ones from the blast and they are a bit of an issue from the rtr mine jump out of the screws from the bottom and my dads did the exact same thing on the same side and it had been over tightened at the factory. ive looked at the maverick ones from the strada look very similar i just dont know if there stronger than the blast ones
Were yours always on the front left as well?

The TA05 ones are basically the same size and shape and seem to fit perfectly.

The CVD spins freely in the hand, but when the wheel is on, nothing.
Old 20-09-2011

Send a message via MSN to colmo Send a message via Skype™ to colmo

When you put a wheel on, and it stops spinning freely when you tighten it, it is either because the wheel hex is too deep (solved by using washers to space it out or a deeper hex hub, or even sand down the wheel hex), or the pressure causes the hex hub to bind.

There are a number of solutions for the latter -
1. Use locking wheel hexes - these stop the hex hubs being forced onto the wheel bearing.
2. Find a suitable crush tube - this stops the inner and outer bearings from being pushed together
3. Sand down the back of the hex hubs, so the slot for the axle pin is shallower.

Note: These are generic fixes for the problem, I don't own a Blast!

Photos:
Oople Invernational 2010 - Sodden Sunday
Muchmore N. Irish GP 2010 (Touring cars)
BADMCC 1/8th Nitro buggies

Current cars:
X6^2 | JC BJ4WE | TM E4 & E4JS | HPI E-Firestorm | Losi Crawler | + many F1s, super crawlers, scalers, drifters in the works...
Old 20-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by colmo View Post
When you put a wheel on, and it stops spinning freely when you tighten it, it is either because the wheel hex is too deep (solved by using washers to space it out or a deeper hex hub, or even sand down the wheel hex), or the pressure causes the hex hub to bind.

There are a number of solutions for the latter -
1. Use locking wheel hexes - these stop the hex hubs being forced onto the wheel bearing.
2. Find a suitable crush tube - this stops the inner and outer bearings from being pushed together
3. Sand down the back of the hex hubs, so the slot for the axle pin is shallower.

Note: These are generic fixes for the problem, I don't own a Blast!
Good stuff. I just think it's the poor plastic quality is wearing the hex down. It's just odd that everyone has the same problem, and always with the same wheel.
Old 20-09-2011

i got the metal lrp hex very good and cheap compared to most metal hex and yes it was the left front ive got a feeling they are over tightened on the assembaly line just on that side i replaced it and just nipped up the screw in the new one and its perfect now no problems

LRP S10 Blast BX
Losi Mini-T
AE RC10 B3
Losi XXX kinwald edition
Yokomo super dog fighter 2
Old 20-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr3Ad View Post
i got the metal lrp hex very good and cheap compared to most metal hex and yes it was the left front ive got a feeling they are over tightened on the assembaly line just on that side i replaced it and just nipped up the screw in the new one and its perfect now no problems
Cheers for that

I've been looking at getting some from Freeprawn. Looks like I'd better get my order in