Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 09-01-2015

Default Losi XX or XXCR

Hey guys,

So i picked up what I believe to be Losi XX or XXCR around 8 months ago and it's not in a great condition.

I had planned to use it as a project to do up and use at my local club, however if i spend anymore money my Wife is going to kill me.

Would anyone on here be interested in it? If so, I would rather sell it to someone that would make use of it. If not I will hold onto it but I'd rather someone got use of it.

This was the first (or as close to) vintage thing that I have ever bought, so I know absolutely nothing about vintage.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Hobbywing
Mark One Designs
Old 09-01-2015
Mad Member

Losi's don't go for much on eBay so if it's poor condition it's probably not worth that much, depends on the hops ups if any, pics would tell us more
Old 09-01-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz75 View Post
Losi's don't go for much on eBay so if it's poor condition it's probably not worth that much, depends on the hops ups if any, pics would tell us more
That was pretty much what I thought mate and it really is in poor condition. That's my issue, I honestly don't know what to ask for a car that's in a bad condition.

I just know I won't have time/money to sort it out.
Hobbywing
Mark One Designs
Old 09-01-2015
Mad Member

Probably easier to just stick on eBay at a low starting price and it will get what it gets
Old 10-01-2015
Awesome Admin

Unless you really want it box it up and put it in the loft and one day you might want to sort it if not it might even be worth something in the future
Old 10-01-2015

The easy way to tell if it is a cr is whether the toe in is inboard at the rear or not, xx is inboard whereas the xxcr is outboard, yes I am a geek, raced xx's in various guises for years and bought a new one to have as a shelf queen which has never even seen a battery let alone been driven. Wouldnt have thought it would have been worth much unless the spares supply is running low and someone needs front wishbones or gearbox innards. I do think they should resurrect the hydradrive, awesome piece of kit.
Old 10-01-2015

Agree with whats been said so far. They really have very little market value despite being one of the greats in my opinion, I still use my XX and love driving it. But I have bought 2 in the last couple of years, one from the US which was in good condition and still being raced when it was sold to me and that cost £60, and another in fair condition that had been in storage complete with vintage electronics all of which work and it cost £40. Parts are pretty easy to get hold of in the most part if you wanted to restore it to a race worthy car, but if you wanted to part with it i'm sure there would be plenty of interest (myself included) but you really aren't going to get much for it.
Old 10-01-2015

What we all want to see are some pictures

You never know, someone might make you an offer