Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > General Car Talk

Old 03-10-2007

Default What brushless system to get

What brushless to get

Was looking at the NOSRAM MATRIX EVOLUTION 2007
Old 03-10-2007
Spends too long on oOple ...

I defently recomend the nosram matrix evolution 2007 edition ive been running one in my xx4 since april and has never let me down top notch speedo. I would also recomend the orion vortex motors a big improvement over the normals nosram motors as they have sinitered rotos which are much more powerfull and feels like a brushed motor. What car will you be running it in?????????

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 03-10-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyb4 View Post
I defently recomend the nosram matrix evolution 2007 edition ive been running one in my xx4 since april and has never let me down top notch speedo. I would also recomend the orion vortex motors a big improvement over the normals nosram motors as they have sinitered rotos which are much more powerfull and feels like a brushed motor. What car will you be running it in?????????

A
Running in a bj4 we
Old 03-10-2007

I run the the LRP comp (same as the nosram but blue) and it is very good. And Ash have you had a Nosram or LRP motor, if not how can you go round saying that the Orion one is better.
Old 03-10-2007

So yea like i said above i would recomend possibly a 5.5 or 6.5 motor dependingon your drving capabilitys. The only other thing you may want to consider is getting the nosram matrix tc version which has improved something which makes it run cooler im not 100% what the diffrence is but its meant to make the esc run cooler with faster motors.

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 03-10-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt View Post
I run the the LRP comp (same as the nosram but blue) and it is very good. And Ash have you had a Nosram or LRP motor, if not how can you go round saying that the Orion one is better.
Ive known and seen alot of people sell there nosram/lrp motors and change them for novak and orion motors as there better quality more water proof and generally run cooler and they have sinitered rotors.

And have you run an orion motor tosay its not better?????

A

Old 03-10-2007

Well I am running a sensorless esc (Mamba Max from Castle Creations in the US and a Peak (which is identical to Orion) brushless motor and is really good. You cant tell the difference from a brush, well with exception of a better run time. Tekin are now doing an esc for both sensor and sensorless so worth checking them out.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS
Old 03-10-2007

Send a message via MSN to AndyM

i'd recommend the Nosram speedo too, never had anything go wrong with mine, nd the Nosram motors are good too...quite a few people seem to hav had reliability problems with the motors, but mine has been fine since i got it.
Old 03-10-2007

Send a message via MSN to AndyM

ash, he never sed they werent better, he just asked how you wud know they were better, as you have never run them.
Old 03-10-2007

There is nothing wrong with the LRP,Nosram motors and they are doing some good combos at the mo. You can get a standard matrix with a 6.5, then there is the Matrix Evo with a 5.5 and a Matrix TC with a 4.5. You can also get these combos with the LRP's
Old 03-10-2007
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

Nosram/LRP 2007 Touring car version with a 5.5 or 6.5 depending on ability.

Note, the touring car version comes with cooling equipment which is ideal for a 4wd, especially the bj4 as it is a direct fit with no modifications.
Old 03-10-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulRotheram View Post
Nosram/LRP 2007 Touring car version with a 5.5 or 6.5 depending on ability.

Note, the touring car version comes with cooling equipment which is ideal for a 4wd, especially the bj4 as it is a direct fit with no modifications.
is worth looking at NOVAK GTB Velociti 6.5 – Racing Brushless System
Old 03-10-2007
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

They are good systems, although the LRP/Nosram speedo have alot more tuneability and are known to produce more power.

The 'perfect' combo would be an LRP 2007 TC esc and a novak sensored motor, however this puts the cost up compared to a package deal.

The Novak system has very little options, there is no punch control and breaks have been abit touchy. Although it is a very good system non the less.

The novak is just as good as other brands, but my personal choice would be the LRP/Nosram systems, the downside is they are sometimes hard to get ahold of at shops in the UK.
Old 03-10-2007
Mad Member

Or you can try the all new Tekin Range!!!

Small and neat and we are doing the R1 Pro system for a bargain first order price....

Check out www.theraceplace.co.uk for more details..
Old 03-10-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulRotheram View Post
They are good systems, although the LRP/Nosram speedo have alot more tuneability and are known to produce more power.

The 'perfect' combo would be an LRP 2007 TC esc and a novak sensored motor, however this puts the cost up compared to a package deal.

The Novak system has very little options, there is no punch control and breaks have been abit touchy. Although it is a very good system non the less.

The novak is just as good as other brands, but my personal choice would be the LRP/Nosram systems, the downside is they are sometimes hard to get ahold of at shops in the UK.
Paul I have to disagree with that last statment, i think the best combo is LRP/ Nosram speedo's and Peak/Orion motors. As you can tune the Peak motors to your needs.

Novak speedo's can have the punch adjusted, it's just different to the LRP speedo with the Novak to increase the punch you lower the drive frequency and to make it smoother you increase it.

http://www.screwz4rc.co.uk

Old 04-10-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyreman View Post
Paul I have to disagree with that last statment, i think the best combo is LRP/ Nosram speedo's and Peak/Orion motors. As you can tune the Peak motors to your needs.

Novak speedo's can have the punch adjusted, it's just different to the LRP speedo with the Novak to increase the punch you lower the drive frequency and to make it smoother you increase it.

Thanks for the advice

i have about £170 to spend so may be a combo is worth looking at
Old 04-10-2007

Anybody knows how works novak gtb spektrum with orion/GM/Peak?

What's happeinig with Tekin? Who is using it?
Will Tekin make new ESC with sensor?
Is R1 pro sensorless?
Where is the new brushless esc from Quark? any news?

Is brushless the future? In recent worlds many drivers used brushed motors. Why?
Old 04-10-2007
Mad Member

With regard the Tekin R1 Pro.....

They have Stuart Wood and Kevin Lee (National Winner Rnd 6) running there new speedo's for next season..

Yes they are sensorless..
They are very small so keep room to a minimum.
The Raceplace team drivers will all be using the Tekin systems for 2008!!!

If you pm me we are doing special deal for first orders taken for the R1 Pro system, you will have change from your £170!!

If you want anymore details pm me i will be happy to help.

Tekin have a batch of the R1 Pro's in the factory, they are checking all of them before they are sent out..
Old 04-10-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenner View Post

They have Stuart Wood and Kevin Lee (National Winner Rnd 6) running there new speedo's for next season..

If you pm me we are doing special deal for first orders taken for the R1 Pro system, you will have change from your £170!!

Tekin have a batch of the R1 Pro's in the factory, they are checking all of them before they are sent out..

Thank you very much
I will have think and pm you if needed
Old 04-10-2007

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenner View Post

wat wind motor comes with that?