Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 17-03-2013

Default Cougar SV2 tuning guide

Hi, I've been looking around for information on some of the tweaks that are being used to setup the SV2 but can't find a thread that has the information I want. So I am posting this thread in the hope that some of those with more experience with the SV2 can post advice here.

So to start off I thought I'd post some questions some of which maybe a bit basic but not everybody has access to team drivers or good setup guides. Hopefully this will collate a lot of the advice in one place.

I know about flipping the front arms so the shocks bolt on from the front and I've also seen it mentioned about switching the front arms from side to side (L arm on R to reduce initial steering) but what about fitting the SVR front arms U4095 as opposed to the SV2 kit U3713? What is the reason for this?

What difference is there with the medium arms F+R U4053/U4054 compared to the kit version?

Why do some people recommend fitting the SVR bottom plate U4093 rather than the stock SV2 U3689 bottom plate? Same for the SV2 kit front bulkhead U4027 switched for the SVR U4094?

How about adding weight to the car?

I know Trishbits do some nice parts, front bulkhead, under servo and now twins in two weights 40g/26g for the rear of the car plus a rear suspension strap 4 degree only. Which of these do you use, if any? where do you place extra weight? How about extra weight if using a shorty LiPo pack as opposed to saddles do you need extra weight and where do you add it in the space in front of the tray?

Any advice for tuning the transmission and diff including the slipper? Are ceramic diff balls worth it? How about any tips for diff building and running in?

Comparison of the two bodyshells stock and cab forward? How much difference is there between the two?

Hopefully thats enough to get some people posting and helping the neewbies and even not so neewbies out
Old 17-03-2013

Some team drivers i have spoken with lower the rear shock tower by 4mm to get more rear droop.

I use the longer track rod ends on the bottom of the rear shocks (filed down the correct amount) to get the same effect.

KEEP RIGHT ON
BLUE IS BETTER