Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/18th & Micro stuff

Old 14-09-2011

I don't mind all the traveling, it's just the getting there and finding that my car handles like a bag of crap that pisses me off, but once I get it sorted I'll be more of a regular.
Old 14-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sldmodels View Post
I don't mind all the traveling, it's just the getting there and finding that my car handles like a bag of crap that pisses me off, but once I get it sorted I'll be more of a regular.
lol we used to race full size cars when i was 14, we travelled 300miles and remembered that the keys for my car was at home lol
if i cant get mine to work i will just go back to swb.

Old 14-09-2011

Masking up, should be ready to paint tomorrow.

Old 14-09-2011
Mad Member

So you getting your entry in Sarah, not long left (I will keep at you until you enter), that goes for anyone else too, the more the merrier
Old 14-09-2011

You;re not gonna stop badgering me till I do, I'll get my entry off tomorrow lol
Old 21-09-2011

Default Painting done, stickers next

Will do a better job with the masking stuff next time, but not bad for a first attempt I think.
Old 22-09-2011

Could someone please tell me where to get the top shock mounting standoff and the bottom rod end for the big bores to be mounted without a problem?
I already own one big bore converted shark(bought it converted), but i don't know where to get the parts beside the shocks and towers to build a second one.
Thanks,
Ron
Old 22-09-2011

I believe they come as part of the rebuild kit, try rcmodelimports.co.uk

Cheers

Gaffer
Old 22-09-2011

I bought them used, but do the needed top shock standoffs come standard with the 3racing mini LST shocks?
Rod ends i'll use the ATM 3.7, but still searching for the top standoff mountings...
Old 22-09-2011
Mad Member

no they dont come with the shocks,

with my bigbores i originaly used the stock plastic standoffs then got the alloy ones,

i got the alloys from here:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXRAK0&P=7

also on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Duratrax-S...#ht_2195wt_952
Old 22-09-2011

I have them, but they won't fit to the 3Racing Mini LST Shocks...
Old 22-09-2011
Mad Member

you could try purchasing a couple of the rebuild kits, the alloy balls in the bottom of pics should fit into the top of the shock and then you should be able to use your shark standoffs as the bolt will go through the alloy parts supplied in the rebuild kit

http://www.rcmodelimports.co.uk/com/...oducts_id=2686
Old 22-09-2011

Thank you, i'll try it.
Another question for the big bore setup on my shark.
Could someone tell me a good setup to start from with the LST 3racing big bore shocks for an offroad track on dirt? It's not very bumpy,but there are a few big jumps. Not very fast.
Just don't know which oil and spring i should start with.
Thanks already
Ron
Old 26-09-2011

just a update to my little shark lol run the 3 racing big bore shocks and shock towers, and i ran them straight out of the box and it went a dream, TQ and won final to, so cheers RCMI it was very balanced and even surprised 1 or 2 people how easier it was compared with how it was before.

Old 28-10-2011

I ran my lwb shark on Tuesday at Ardent (couldn't use mini-pins, had to use foams). The car handled well, but was slow, and turned really quickly.

The battery may be at fault for the lack of speed, but I was running a 10tooth pinion with a 49 spur (i think). Do I need to gear up with have a longer chassies than the swb shark? Also, anyone know why my turning might be like it is?
Old 29-10-2011
Mad Member

it might be turning quickly cos you have a fast servo, you can slow it down with most of todays handsets, i'd go 12/49 or go 18/45 where the pinion and spur are concerned,

i use 12/49 at my local track that has lots of corners and not much of a straight,

i use 18/45 at the winter and summer series tracks as they have massive straights and more room on the corners

10/49 quick acceleration / not much top end

12/49 quick acceleration / modest top end

18/45 modest acceleration / s**t off a shovel top end
Old 29-10-2011

thanks for that, I was thinking the steering is more of a grip issue though, will look at turning down the speed of my servo though.

Ardent requires a lot of additive normally, and I wasn't running any. Will try a 12tooth pinion on the 49, as I burnt out my motor and speedo at rd1 last year in the regular shark, and don't want a repeat of that, so don't want to raise it too much. Would rather have better acceleration to speed, as you can easily lose time on the infield, and most places really only have one straight which you can defend your position on anyways.

thanks
Old 02-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron63 View Post
Could someone please tell me where to get the top shock mounting standoff and the bottom rod end for the big bores to be mounted without a problem?
I already own one big bore converted shark(bought it converted), but i don't know where to get the parts beside the shocks and towers to build a second one.
Thanks,
Ron
I use genuine Losi mini LST shocks, if you buy the plastic parts set for them, they contain the top plastic bush to mount on an M3 screw (20mm). I cut the bush and used an M3 nut to secure the bolt to the tower rather than clamping the shock top and bush which restricts the movement.

For the shock bottoms you can use the standard lrp/duratrax rear trackrod ends, cut them down to reduce the travel/droop.

The Losi micro t shock bottom balls snap perfectly into the duratrax trackrod ends which you can then mount into the wishbone with the standard M2 bolt, try Wheelspin, Apex or DMS for the losi parts. If all else fails Losipartshouse.com in the US

The oil weight all depends on the pistons you are using, I use 35 front and 30 rear with the standard mini lst pistons.

The Losi silver springs work well as a soft rear spring if you cut them down by a couple of coils. 3 racing reds on the front, or losi greens.

Hope this helps, See you all at Telford this sunday