Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/18th & Micro stuff

Old 10-05-2012
Mad Member

Default When does the 'micro season' season begin and where in yorkshire can I race?

As title. Run a mini 8ight and would like to get racing more with it. Anywhere in and around yorkshire/lancashire or nearby run these?

Regards, Danny

My baby

Old 10-05-2012

Not sure if or when the dates / venues have been announced, but normally, the furthest north place is Ellesmere Port. Most of the meetings tend to take place in the south-west of the country.
Old 11-05-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

First meeting is 2nd Sunday in October and 1st Sunday of the month there after till March

Venues not announced yet.
Old 11-05-2012

You can always come and have a race at Primrose Valley Holiday Park, Filey next week we will be there from 12-18 we run all type of RC come and have a look. We always have a good section of micros I have a Losi mini8 and a Caster fusion 1/18.
Old 11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Paint View Post
First meeting is 2nd October and 1st Sunday of the month there after till March

Venues not announced yet.
First meeting is the second Sunday in October not the first (as the timekeeper is away on holiday)....... so that would be 14th Octber for the 1st round of this years Micro Nationals
Old 12-05-2012

we race various 18th & 16th scale buggies & short course trucks along with the mardave boys. check out the website for dates and details. YORKSHIRE MARDAVE RACING CLUB. we usually run once a fortnite on a saturday nite from 4 o'clock. there is a tea bar on site and a great chip shop about 5 minutes away. give us a try. friendly welcome garanteed.
Old 14-05-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADGERBOOTH View Post
we race various 18th & 16th scale buggies & short course trucks along with the mardave boys. check out the website for dates and details. YORKSHIRE MARDAVE RACING CLUB. we usually run once a fortnite on a saturday nite from 4 o'clock. there is a tea bar on site and a great chip shop about 5 minutes away. give us a try. friendly welcome garanteed.
Ye, I've been there a few times with my mini 8ight, but the last time I raced there was only 1 other micro to race with (a short course)

First couple times there was a good few though. Just no way of knowing if anyone will take offroads and gutting when theres no racing for me

P.S the latest race video's on the site were courtesy of me
Old 16-05-2012

wondered where you'd been. should be more of us at the next meeting. few more lads with sc18s going up some nice buggies now turning out. try us again chief. (i'm the long grey haired chap with the blue & white sc18 )
Old 16-05-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADGERBOOTH View Post
wondered where you'd been. should be more of us at the next meeting. few more lads with sc18s going up some nice buggies now turning out. try us again chief. (i'm the long grey haired chap with the blue & white sc18 )
Ye I figured when I looked at your sc18 posts. Last time there was just me and a young lad. I'll be there after my exams finish