Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 06-11-2011

Big thanks to everyone involved Thomas has been buzzing all evening. He Can't wait till the 4th december.
Old 07-11-2011
oOple Advertiser

Excellent meeting again Matt, looking forward to the next one. If anyone got a video of the 3rd 2wd A final please post it as myself and Paul drove most of the race a few inches apart, awesome fun and I'd love to watch it

Track was excellent but as always there will be the odd person having a bad day that hates everything about it, jumps too high, jumps too small, too slippy too bumpy, too flat, too narrow etc. The restrictions when trying to set a track up in a sports hall are always going to be a problem, but I think Telstar are doing a grand job, please keep up the good work

Get booked in for the next round
Old 07-11-2011

Guys,

It was my mate Chris taking the photos, he was finding the lighting an issue but he will go through the images this week and try and find some good ones.

If you would like a nice edited image of your car drop me a PM. Quite alot of work and time involved so maybe a small contribution to his fuel costs per quality image.

Matty, I will sort you some images for the website.

James.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattybucks View Post
I hope so. If anyone knows him then if he could send some images to sales@telstar-racing.co.uk

Thanks,

Matt
Old 07-11-2011
Mad Member

While i'm thinking about it,

Yesterday we had a two instances of what can only be described as people driving like complete idiots. I don't know if that kind of behaviour is tolerated at your own club, but it will not be tolerated at any of our events, YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE VENUE IMMEDIATLY.

Safety of marshalls/spectators is paramount, we take all reasonable steps possible to minimise the risk of injury to people whilst trying to provide and exciting/challenging track.

Rant Over
Old 07-11-2011

Well said Matt. It's not only the saftey of all involved but the drivers minding there own business enjoying their race being taken out by these muppets.

If you want to drive like that then go down your local skate park and do it.

James.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattybucks View Post
While i'm thinking about it,

Yesterday we had a two instances of what can only be described as people driving like complete idiots. I don't know if that kind of behaviour is tolerated at your own club, but it will not be tolerated at any of our events, YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE VENUE IMMEDIATLY.

Safety of marshalls/spectators is paramount, we take all reasonable steps possible to minimise the risk of injury to people whilst trying to provide and exciting/challenging track.

Rant Over
Old 07-11-2011
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazeandfizz View Post
Well said Matt. It's not only the saftey of all involved but the drivers minding there own business enjoying their race being taken out by these muppets.

If you want to drive like that then go down your local skate park and do it.

James.
I would like to point out that these were visiting drivers from another area that have not attended before and not the regular bunch of guys that attend on a regular basis each wednesday and the winter series so please do not let these retards put you off coming along to any other Telstar events
Old 07-11-2011
oOple Advertiser

I hope this is not relevant to my high risk move for the lead in the first leg of the A.
I apologise if people thought I was out of control.
I actually jumped the car that far in practice and landed it everytime but obviously got the landing slightly wrong on that occasion!
Old 07-11-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeTony View Post
I hope this is not relevant to my high risk move for the lead in the first leg of the A.
I actually jumped the car that far in practice and landed it everytime but obviously got the landing slightly wrong on that occasion!
yes its all your fault

i heard matty telling them to stop but didn't see what was going on.

just want to say what a great track sunday was, easy to drive, very forgiving and still challenging but easy enough for newbies etc top job and made for some close races
Old 07-11-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
No Tony, this was not aimed at you. The individuals involved were asked to pull there cars off the track.

I understand that whilst racing, people may go big off the jumps to try and gain and advantage and this was not aimed at these people.

We had a couple issues with two people in the last round of finals, they were hitting the corner ramp big sending the car into the air, performing donuts and just generally driving dangerously during the race.

I'm sure if the people involved attend again, we will not have any issues. I was just using the forum to highlight to the people who raised concern that this type of behaviour will not under any circumstances be permitted.
Old 07-11-2011
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
No mate it wasn't aimed at you're moment of mentalness, it was aimed at the idiot who was deliberately being a pain in the backside and trying to drive up the Walls. The school take a dim view to damage and Telstar do not want to lose the venue because of this mindless moron ........... Or worse still, injure someone

Last edited by Smartalec; 07-11-2011 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Forgot about the eyes ;o)
Old 07-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartalec View Post
No mate it wasn't aimed at you're moment of mentalness, it was aimed at the idiot who was deliberately being a pain in the backside and trying to drive up the Walls. The school take a dim view to damage and Telstar do not want to lose the venue because of this mindless moron
Or a marshalls eye
Old 07-11-2011

It was my first time at the winter series and I think third time racing, I had a great day and enjoyed the whole event. All the guys I met were happy to help. I even managed to win a couple of finals with my b4 (shh......they were D finals)!!!!

As a novice I have found the club regulars and visitors very willing to help and support so would like to say a big thank you! (Mark, Darren, jez, lewis, Matt, Alec, Paul and all the rest off the guys )

Matt
Old 07-11-2011

it was a good day my only gripe would be £1.75p for a roll with 1 rasher of bacon and no butter .
it was a well run meeting and its a shame i didnt race in the end ..
Old 07-11-2011

Really good event and the track was excallent, had some really good racing in the heats.

well done to the whole team for yet another well run event.

Stef
Old 07-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfletch79 View Post
I even managed to win a couple of finals with my b4 (shh......they were D finals)!!!!
I saw, well done, mate. You even beat my B4 in the D final!!!
Old 09-11-2011

Some photos from Rd2, these are not fully edited shots and only had a very quick edit this morning.

James.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1040636.jpg (208.5 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg P1040711.jpg (225.8 KB, 28 views)
Old 14-11-2011

Some more photos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1030639edit copy.jpg (251.9 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg P1040551edit copy.jpg (228.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg P1040510edit_1 copy.jpg (346.0 KB, 16 views)