Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > I Made This !

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2018

Default Custom clodbuster chassis

I have been building a custom chassis for a clodbuster for a while now, thought I would share on here if anyone is interested? im about half way through.

First thing is top link mounts for the Clod gearboxes. Not much available to buy, I did see a design I like thats not made anymore, so im making that. Cardboard mock up seems ok, uses the existing holes in the gearbox, making it out of 6mm plate, then spacing it 2mm from the gearbox so its centered.

Cut 2 out roughly, at the same time, then got the holes in the right place so i could bolt them together and machine them at the same time.

The screws normally go into the gearbox and into nuts where the plate is now. So the plan is to put the screws into the other side and have the nuts where the screw heads are now.

These little dudes go in where the recesses are for the nuts and then space the plate out 2mm at the bottom and 2.9mm at the top (yes I found out the gearbox isnt totally even there).

All square now, you can just see the top spacer has to be 0.9mm fatter.

Polished up the top lunk mounts

The design I have in my head is a bit complex so its time for the cardboard, something double deck:

Then I had a cup of tea, then got out the sticky tape.......

yes .... so...... cantilevers, shocks mounted side by side on the top deck, sway bar below that, with the battery mounted long ways, and fitted through the bottom of the lower deck.

so top middle and bottom deck, like strike it lucky

I know it looks a mess but im sure things will work themselves out