Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 07-02-2008

Default Your favourite Schumacher off-road?

Well now there is a Schumacher section to the amazing oOple forum, might as well use it!

I was just wondering, what has been your favourite Schumacher off-road buggy, 2wd or 4wd, heck both if you want, and of course why?

I have to say my favourite is the Cougar 2. Awesome buggy and I still have my original, and even a couple of second ones for spares and sorting out the original. Awesome handling buggy, and I certainly preferred the handling of the Cougar 2 over the Fireblade Evo. Why don't we see metal pans in 2wd any more? I think the low CoG and strength is well worth the little extra weight.

This isn't my cougar 2, just someone's from Schumacher website. I thought I'd need to stick a pretty photo to illustrate my favourite.
Old 07-02-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I thought metal pans went out because they used to bend?
Old 07-02-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Southwell

My old cat 2000 SE with almost every chassis and alu parts modified and cut out Wish i had pics.
Old 07-02-2008
Banned

for me my cat xls and bosscat
they just worked well everywhere,

trekkker
Old 07-02-2008
Super Moderator

My ProCat rocks

2006/07 York Vintage Off Road Master Champion and it's looking on the cards for the 07/08 series too

Oh, and it has soooooo much steering even Mr. Lowe has a job holding onto it!
Old 07-02-2008

My fully tricked ex Team Ant Hill Mob Pro Cat (in obligatory early '90's fluorescent zebra stripe paint job). It brought home trophies and medals
Old 07-02-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I drove various Schumacher cars when i started racing as a kid - the best one out of that lot at the time was Andy Shaw's Ex Factory Team Bosscat (not many people here would remember Andy but he was one of the sort of Top 10 UK guys back in the early/mid 90's).

That car had all kinds of prototype ideas ready for the Cat 2000 including a special rear shock tower moving the shocks on to the rear of the wishbones and some other bits.

I think overall though the Cat 2000 EC was probably the best car, it was so good on UK tracks - I remember Rich Barton winning the national at EPO when Kevin Moore was s*it hot around there with his XX-4, that must have been 1998/1999....... I actually had my best result with the Cat 3000 but that was at the Euro's, everywhere else it was pretty bad!
Old 08-02-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by glypo View Post
Well now there is a Schumacher section to the amazing oOple forum, might as well use it!

I was just wondering, what has been your favourite Schumacher off-road buggy, 2wd or 4wd, heck both if you want, and of course why?

I have to say my favourite is the Cougar 2. Awesome buggy and I still have my original, and even a couple of second ones for spares and sorting out the original. Awesome handling buggy, and I certainly preferred the handling of the Cougar 2 over the Fireblade Evo. Why don't we see metal pans in 2wd any more? I think the low CoG and strength is well worth the little extra weight.

This isn't my cougar 2, just someone's from Schumacher website. I thought I'd need to stick a pretty photo to illustrate my favourite.
This Cougar2 doesnt just belong to someone from the Schumacher forum-ITS MINE-
All of the Schumacher buggies are excellent cars.They all perform diffently in different parts of the world.They certainly used to be race pedegree,thats for sure!
Old 08-02-2008

cougar 2 works and cat 2000 ec...i sold my cougar 2 works car a long time ago...like a retard ...been trying to find one on ebay since 2004
Old 08-02-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORMAC View Post
This Cougar2 doesnt just belong to someone from the Schumacher forum-ITS MINE-
Blimey I didn't even know you were on here mate. oOple stretches all the way to Australia, awesome. Very good looking Cougar 2 you have as well
Old 08-02-2008

When I first started out I use to race a Cat XL and upgraded it to a XLS and finally a procat. I also ventured into 2wd with a Cougar as well. With the Cat the MMS diffs and RW spur gears/slipper clutches were better and smoother than Schumachers upgrades.

Also I tried a YZ10 with a CAT XLS front end on it? Does anybody remember the Cat fighter? A few of us tried this out at the old Toddington race track in Bedfordshire.
Old 08-02-2008

damn, those pics bring back great memories! sweet topcat with black chassis...and the bosscat works(had one)...and the cat xls(had one) i liked the cougar 2000 '95 full carbon, was never convinced by the SACS front end though. i want by bosscat back! handled great with loads of front grip, if only the drivetrain was more efficient i would have never bothered to get a pred!
Old 08-02-2008

I had a Procat and I loved every bit of it but it has to be the Bosscat, for me.
I've done hundred of runs on mine and also won my first race with it.
I remember when they first came out, red anodising was sooo sexy, along with the then new slipper, beautiful front arms, lovely CF and flat rims... the bomb.

Differential smoothess was incredible, specially with the special telescopic alloy dogbones. Aaaah, memories

Rusti Design - Awesome custom stickers and cool stuff

My trader feedback
Old 09-02-2008

[quote=bish;92233]damn, those pics bring back great memories! sweet topcat with black chassis...

A carbonfibre tub

And this is my favorite Shelf queen

Last edited by jeroen206; 09-02-2008 at 10:59 AM. Reason: to ad something