Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Tamiya

Old 28-12-2008

guy im having problems with my durga chassis slapping after every jump
im using those soft white springs what viscosity of damper oil do you guys recomend to use in order to stop this problem btw i prefer losi oils cos my lhs has a supply of them
Old 29-12-2008
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to Spoolio

I run 35wt oil all round, don't think it matters too much what sort, mine is a mixture of Associated, Losi and Schumacher depending on what was available at the time. Springs are either Associated blues (front) and silver (rear) or Tamiya whites (no paint dots) on both ends. No noticeable problems with slap running a Trakpower 4900 lipo. To some degree it depends how severe your jumps are I guess.
Old 30-12-2008

hoho i just myself a trinity 70w yesterday
Old 30-12-2008

guys im still using dogbone that is supplied in the kit instead of using the urethene foam what other alternative can i use to replace it?
Old 30-12-2008
Spends too long on oOple ...

get Swan Vesta Cigarette filter tips, cut them in half, that should do it
Old 30-12-2008
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
shmokinnn
Old 03-01-2009

Quote:
no other alternatives? im not into smoking and cigarettes
no offence......
Old 03-01-2009

I don't smoke either, or asking you to smoke, but they are the best alternative, other than buying Tamiya ones, which I wouldn't even know where to get the part number from.
Old 03-01-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
I don't smoke either, or asking you to smoke, but they are the best alternative, other than buying Tamiya ones, which I wouldn't even know where to get the part number from.
If we are talking about the red urethane foamy bungs that go into the outdrives, the part number is TA-53577 TRF Damper Urethane Bushings, they are (or were) a dollar or so from RC Champ.
Old 03-01-2009

Just go to a public place that has ashtrays and put about 5 or so filters in a sandwich baggy. Do an about face, and walk home proud knowing that you didn't have to spend money for urethane foam.
You know what still pisses me off. The fact that tamiya released 2 hop up options for the durga that are not compatible with each other. Which of course are the rear dampers and universals. This is the combination that im trying to work with since i lost a dog bone due to a bad crash. I guess it's pure and simple. Tamiya made the dampers too damn long. Or did they make the universals too short? I would have to say the damper's are too long IMHO.
Old 04-01-2009

the new rear tower that is being made by Atomic Carbon is ideal, as it got stock, and 5mm higher mounting for the shocks, this makes the CVD's and the shocks live in perfect harmony.

The Cigarette Filters cost about a £1 from any newsagent.
Old 08-01-2009

It was nice to know you guys. I have got to say goodbye as i enter the 21st century. God Bless.
Old 08-01-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.J. Gee View Post
It was nice to know you guys. I have got to say goodbye as i enter the 21st century. God Bless.

Bye dude. Have you sold the Tamiya / defected to Yokomo / given up on toy cars altogether or what?
Old 09-01-2009

I think my country is in a crisis that is going to spark war. Watch loose change on youtube or google video. I have gone into deep information that i wish i never found out. The Zionist jews are running this world. We have concentration camps that have been discovered out in the mojave desert and other secret places. The government is trying to push for New World order. The ones that are resistors of the new world will be sent to the camps by our military. They have a blue and red list which you can google for yourself. This sucks that i went so far deep into this information. It's been a burden to my mind for some time now. the Skull and Bones is a secret society which formed at Yale here in the states. Check out the info people and spread the word please. Please get this out. We have criminals in the government. They are the new age Nazis but they call themselves Neo cons.:bl ush::blu sh::blus h:
Old 09-01-2009

Oh and by the way i have not given up on my toy cars. I still love them very much. I never received my Yokomo by the way. I gotta get down to the bottom of the situation, which i will be doing tommorow.
Old 09-01-2009

Quote:
I think my country is in a crisis that is going to spark war. Watch loose change on youtube or google video. I have gone into deep information that i wish i never found out. The Zionist jews are running this world. We have concentration camps that have been discovered out in the mojave desert and other secret places. The government is trying to push for New World order. The ones that are resistors of the new world will be sent to the camps by our military. They have a blue and red list which you can google for yourself. This sucks that i went so far deep into this information. It's been a burden to my mind for some time now. the Skull and Bones is a secret society which formed at Yale here in the states. Check out the info people and spread the word please. Please get this out. We have criminals in the government. They are the new age Nazis but they call themselves Neo cons.:bl ush::blu sh::blus h:
yeah... um.... I think the new alloy wishbones for the BMAX look good. or something.

Quote:
Oh and by the way i have not given up on my toy cars. I still love them very much. I never received my Yokomo by the way. I gotta get down to the bottom of the situation, which i will be doing tommorow.
are you on the red list?
Old 09-01-2009

Im no sure how they will decide who's on which list. The rex 84 plan will decide this. I need to get out of this coutry i feel at some point. Im thinking of going over to Europe. This is not a joke people.
Old 09-01-2009

Whatever you are smoking is f**king with your head.
pm me bitch, or is it past your bedtime?
Old 09-01-2009
Administrator

Annnnnnyway - back on topic guys
Old 09-01-2009
Mad Member

Righto Jimmy.

YES, the Durga is a cheaper 501X.

There, said it .