Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 19-03-2014
Mad Member

Default reventon pro 1.1 EX brakes in blinky mod 0

Hi,

For my gt12 I've set my reventon pro 1.1 EX 1s esc in blinky mode using the mod 0 firmware,
Tonight at the track I tried setting brakes using the programme box and I set initial brake to 50% and drag brake to 80% but it seemed to make no difference on the track, the car still took a while to stop.
Do the brake settings work in blinky mode or are they disabled or could I have a problem with my new Speedo.
Thanks for any info.
Old 24-03-2014

Make sure the brakes work in another profile other than mod 0.
The brakes on my Pro became rubbish and it took me months to find the problem. It turns out there was fault on the sensor part of the ESC just where the sensor wire plugs in. If your brakes work on other profiles then its not the same fault I had. But if they are crap on all profiles then I may be able to help.

Matt
Old 03-04-2014
Mad Member

Hi, firstly thanks for your first reply,
I've put the stock 1 software on it instead of stock 0 and it's the same, I've put all brake options to max,
Initial brake 60% which is max,
Drag brake to 80% which is max,
Brake force 100% which is max,

When I run the car flat out on my lap then let go of throttle the wheels stop very quick and hard,
When I run the car on the floor it will carry on when I let go of throttle until it stops which distance varies depending on speed car was going,
If I just tap the throttle to set the car going and instantly let go of throttle it takes about 4 feet to stop even with brakes maxed out,

I have calibrated the esc to my controller after every firmware change and every change done on the lcd programme box.

The controller used is a 3vcs and I have reset one of the models and done the throttle reverse channel and epa at 100%.

My servo is a savox sc - 1251mg.

My car is a 1 cell supastox running 6000mah lipos