Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

Old 15-06-2015

Default EPR phtos 10th national

Hi guys you can find picture's from the last round of 1/10 nations on rc photso/Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...0011100&type=1
thanks for looking.
Old 20-07-2015

I watched these pics in 30sec. All the same. No pics from the pit area. No pics of the cars without bodies.
Very boring😕
Jerzi

PS if you are in the facebook go and search JERZIN VIDEOT. Ok allmost all in Finnish langue but cool anyway..
Old 20-07-2015

Wow, what an arse 👍🏻 Darren takes great photos. If you got nothing nice to say. Bugger off else were
Moody fools
Richpaint
Gmcc
Old 27-07-2015

Nothing really wrong with the pics quility. So boring to watch many hundreds of same kind of pics. No pics from the pit😕 Wy. No pics from cars without body😕
Or is this normal from the guys who takes pics from rc car events😬
OK an question to you all....
How many of you would like to see this kind of pics??
How many of you would like to see pics from pit and cars without the body??
Jerzi
Old 27-07-2015
oOple Advertiser

It is difficult to ask the top drivers for pics without the bodies on. Many have development stuff going on all the time and its not public.

I do the National reports and its very difficult - we ask but sometimes we may publish a photo that a team didn't want the world to see and it causes problems all round.

I hope that helps you with a constructive answer to why its the case
Old 27-07-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletcher View Post
Wow, what an arse ���� Darren takes great photos. If you got nothing nice to say. Bugger off else were
No need for that at all. He was actually making a very fair point, with english not being his first language.

The point stands, that the pics are competent, but of a similar nature. No real variation from single car shot from same viewpoint. This is not a criticism. People do like to see "their" car in action for sure. Photography is a craft that is learned, next time the photograher should try new shots. That's positive feedback.

I'd refer to the sort of photo reporting that Neobuggy presents, or indeed redrc.net. Their big event coverage always features "under the hood" type shots. We racers do like to see these as they are useful along with setup sheets to see what to tuning tips might be helping.

Now sure some top racers may want to keep it a secret, thats fair and should be respected if something is in development or testing, or they are running off brand parts, but many top racers i have spoken to are happy to show off their car.
Photo features on cars and drivers are good for sponsors, driver profile and the cars do carry those sponsor stickers for a reason. As long as an event photorapher is clear about what will be done with the shots, creativity should be welcomed in our event photography, whoever is doing it.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 27-07-2015

Ok so in this case everyone who was in the race was top driver and had some proto parts you cant take pics of.
There is no pics of how the track looks or how the pit looks or ...
Just pics of cars of an amount of 450.
I have had here in Finland 2 cars that im not aloud to take pics of.
Few years back when JQ had the 4wd electric car but i took pics of the car in the pit with the body on and then late -90 Jukka Steenaris new losi electric touring car.
I watched the pics through again and really, more diffrent kind of pics.
I have in facebook an video site JERZIN VIDEOT please join. Almost all in Finnish langue.
I was in nationan championshop 1/8 offroad (öast saturday) and there is almost 3 hour of footage and 30min of cars in action and rest from the pit were im talking with the drivers of the race and about their cars etc..
Jerzi

Last edited by jerzi; 27-07-2015 at 09:34 AM.
Old 28-07-2015

Hi jerzi
I started my Facebook page for local drivers and model car events and once a year the local national. I have been round and asked before but alot don't like it as some of there stuff is not in the kits yet as already said.
The pages you mention are professional Web pages not just a bit of fun in-between my own racing.
Down to the pictures I take thanks for saying they are good. It is not easy at all and i have been very lucky in some top UK drivers magazines and Web pages in using my pictures.
I do take my time and try to get every car at the race meeting in doing so I normally miss my final. But the positive feed back I get normally is worthy it.
I understand what you are asking but it is just a Facebook
Page for event pictures not a review site for secret new gear or private group.
All said over 1300 plus likes and helped other pages to reach more people so they have more likes is not bad.
I did try to look at your Facebook group but it is locked as is a group not page so was not able to look. I don't join groups on Facebook unless I know the people but I am sure you stuffs good also.
Hope this helps you out.
Cheers.
Old 29-07-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
No need for that at all. He was actually making a very fair point, with english not being his first language.

The point stands, that the pics are competent, but of a similar nature. No real variation from single car shot from same viewpoint. This is not a criticism. People do like to see "their" car in action for sure. Photography is a craft that is learned, next time the photograher should try new shots. That's positive feedback.

I'd refer to the sort of photo reporting that Neobuggy presents, or indeed redrc.net. Their big event coverage always features "under the hood" type shots. We racers do like to see these as they are useful along with setup sheets to see what to tuning tips might be helping.

Now sure some top racers may want to keep it a secret, thats fair and should be respected if something is in development or testing, or they are running off brand parts, but many top racers i have spoken to are happy to show off their car.
Photo features on cars and drivers are good for sponsors, driver profile and the cars do carry those sponsor stickers for a reason. As long as an event photorapher is clear about what will be done with the shots, creativity should be welcomed in our event photography, whoever is doing it.
Saying it's boring and there isn't enough variation? Sorry but in his first post there isn't one positive comment before I made my own comment. Apologies for my words, but Darren is a personal friend of mine and he takes a lot of his own time out of his racing day to take some awesome action shots for everyone to see. He isn't neo buggy etc that do videos and under the hood sections. Tony put it much better 👍🏻
Moody fools
Richpaint
Gmcc
Old 29-07-2015

Hi there is there anywY to view pics without a Facebook account
Thanks
Old 29-07-2015

No sorry,I used to use Google also but it all takes time to do and need to buy extra space.
Old 04-08-2015

Just want to say thanks for uploading.

Trader Feedback Link
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88156
Old 13-08-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by martgifford View Post
Just want to say thanks for uploading.
Thanks. I do try to please lpl.
On a side note I have another set of pictures in racer magazine this month in the king of Kent track report. Also some shots of the racers not there cars from 3 months ago.