Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > North West

Old 01-03-2012
Mad Member

People with post codes outside the northwest region should not be allowed to book in for northwest regionals.i know some people prefer the one day 2 classes thing but if that's not the way it's done in the region they live well they need to take it up with the brca rep in their region. It's their problem not ours.

Example:- one bloke lives in east yorkshire but prefers the one day format so let's say he's in the top ten to fire emails off the the relevant clubs and so he's booked in for all northwest regionals.so then some one like me dos'nt get his emails off and is then forced to travel far greater distances for twice the number of times due to the 2 day format!!!! Absolute farce and totally unfair in my eyes

Sort it out the stu wood!!!

http://budsballs.co.uk
Old 01-03-2012
oOple Tattoo Dancer!

sorry but utter B@*lsh%t
Old 01-03-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by footey View Post
sorry but utter B@*lsh%t
Why do you think that please explain ??

Old 01-03-2012
oOple Tattoo Dancer!

if you want to do any region and are willing to travel unlike some from that region and you are willing to pay your entry then why shouldnt you race
Old 01-03-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
if you want to do any region and are willing to travel unlike some from that region and you are willing to pay your entry then why shouldnt you race
Applying that theory of yours we could have a miss uk from Jamaica ???

And England's football team would be full of south Americans ??

It's like a cat winning cruffs

The list is endless

I'm not speaking from my personal situaition as I'm booked in for the available rounds so far
So I've got in for 2 bury and southport then not quick enough to get in for the rest I miss out and have done 2 nw regionals for nothing.

So when holding a regional co

Old 01-03-2012
oOple Tattoo Dancer!

well then if thats the case should the north west region be using a club not in the north west which then leaves you very low on tracks to use
Old 01-03-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
well then if thats the case should the north west region be using a club not in the north west which then leaves you very low on tracks to use
I know what you are saying mate but batley is very much on the border and also The same club runs chadderton which is in the north west

I don't know the politics behind it but why dos'nt south lakes run 2 rounds of the 6

Old 01-03-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by budfish View Post
I don't know the politics behind it but why dos'nt south lakes run 2 rounds of the 6
I don't think they can get the venue twice within the year otherwise they would get my vote for a 2nd round.

It was once said to me, if you light the blue touch paper you need to stand well back[/CENTER]
Old 01-03-2012

Southlakes are willing to run 2 rounds, the club discused it at our agm, i'm not sure why batley was asked to run rather than us for a second meeting
Old 01-03-2012

The entry sytem unfortunately is a bit of a 'free for all' rather than perhaps an emailing list for interested people who wish to do the minimum number of rounds to qualify are all emailed at the same time with a single link or entry for to book in for all rounds (and also publicising on oople). Then, similarly to Nationals, there should be a closing date say 3 weeks later after which priority system for entries (but not the same criteria as Nationals) is used and people can be told yay or nay and x reserve. It would take a bit of administering though and someone would have to put in the time to do it.

As rounds seem to be quite oversubscribed (as happened when the dates went up last year) perhaps the 2 and 4wd classes could be split, but so as to minimise clashes, it could be a 3 from 5 or even 3 from 4 rounds for each class (if that satisfies BRCA rules?).

Old 01-03-2012
oOple Tattoo Dancer!

rickrick batley only got 1 round mate i think the best way to sort it out is split the 2wd and 4wd on to seprete days
Old 01-03-2012

Im very gutted about this, been lucking forward to regionals all winter, and because ive been away over the last 2 week, ive missed out on round1 at southport!!!
Old 01-03-2012

and 2 NE rounds for batley club
Old 01-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by losichris View Post
Im very gutted about this, been lucking forward to regionals all winter, and because ive been away over the last 2 week, ive missed out on round1 at southport!!!
I don't what you mean , You are booked in for round 1 at Southport !
Old 01-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo_Snr View Post
I don't what you mean , You are booked in for round 1 at Southport !
Oh right, i PM'd this morning, and got no reply, so i assumed it was full and i was reserved.
Old 01-03-2012

Possibly another idea is to let you do either 2wd or 4wd not both, i'm booked in to do both but would be willing to give one up to let someone else race, did do last year at southport, left the 4wd at home but then there was enough space for me to run both as people are in a frenzy to book in then don't even turn up to late by then though.
so maybe a pre pay system is a better way of making it more likely that people will turn up after they have booked in.
Old 01-03-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpenterdean View Post
Possibly another idea is to let you do either 2wd or 4wd not both, i'm booked in to do both but would be willing to give one up to let someone else race, did do last year at southport, left the 4wd at home but then there was enough space for me to run both as people are in a frenzy to book in then don't even turn up to late by then though.
so maybe a pre pay system is a better way of making it more likely that people will turn up after they have booked in.
Pre pay is definatley a good way of getting rid of the no shows!!

What if you was only able to book in and compete in 4 of the 6 that in theory would free up 33.3% of the available number????

Old 01-03-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Seems to me its fairly simple, but obviously this applies from next year as its too late for this one:

1) Central booking in. Really not that hard to arrange a central spreadsheet of who is entered for what. Specific details (transponders, crystals etc) need not be on at this level, its just for numbers.

2) Priority for North West drivers. I'm not suggesting no drivers from other regions but its nuts that once again NW drivers have missed out as all the spaces are full. Of course the discussion of what makes you a NW driver is relevant here.

3) Priority for those entering the minimum 4 qualifying rounds. I don't think demanding the whole series is realistic, but you need 4 scores to get an F grade so if you aren't doing that many you are potentially taking up a space for someone who is.

4) Some sort of prepayment. I know for a fact some drivers have booked in for classes they don't even have a car for yet! There are regularly a good number of no-shows from those pre-booked, and given the speed the spaces are going some drivers are simply booking in without checking dates etc. At present there is little incentive not to do so. There needs to be a way to penalise those who book up spaces they won't actually use, as thats another racer missing out.

I'll be perfectly happy to help with this when the time comes, but this sort of arrangement needs to be in place well in advance.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 01-03-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by budfish View Post
People with post codes outside the northwest region should not be allowed to book in for northwest regionals.i know some people prefer the one day 2 classes thing but if that's not the way it's done in the region they live well they need to take it up with the brca rep in their region. It's their problem not ours.

Example:- one bloke lives in east yorkshire but prefers the one day format so let's say he's in the top ten to fire emails off the the relevant clubs and so he's booked in for all northwest regionals.so then some one like me dos'nt get his emails off and is then forced to travel far greater distances for twice the number of times due to the 2 day format!!!! Absolute farce and totally unfair in my eyes

Sort it out the stu wood!!!
X2 as I've always said before
All this only started two years ago it was fine before then!
Old 01-03-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony12795 View Post
This is IMO

Race Events
More than 120 drivers is way too many, when you think about it this is why a well run and fully organised event like UK Nationals cap to around 120 drivers, I not saying the North West is badly run by the way, it’s just not as good as Nationals as you would expect. The North West is growing every year and has now become a very big region and I think is time the clubs started looking at splitting 2wd and 4wd or people that book into all the events get priority, as you will find that each club will have racers that only race at their local club and are not willing to travel. Unfortunately I feel that the region will push people away to other regions where you can race and be home before local regional has even finished.

Look at the mid-west’s link this is how it should be done. They have 7/8 heats per class properly the same as us, they also have three legged A-Finals which I now its not for everyone but it gives a much better sceptical for the people watching.

http://www.brca-midwest.co.uk/calendar2012.html

Booking In
Right what the hell is going on with booking in, I want to book in to all the North West regional events yeah!! Why can I not just send one email which books me in for all these events? What I have to do is book each event separately, which is okay but what happens if clubs are not taking pre-booking in or start taking pre-booking in later in the week when I am not on oople. It’s just completely and utterly rubbish.

Driving Standard
The driving standard in the North-west is horrendous compared to other Regions. I went to Coventry the last weekend and I have forgotten how much better it is. I raced at Chadderton the week before and people were jumping the track blatantly, In the A final, one racer was in front of two other racers and were all close together on the track, he crashed and end up on the wrong side on the track, he waited for the other racers to come round but then carried on in front of them, basically gaining two places, this is top 10 racers for that meeting!!! You should get back on the track where you crashed and carry on. It’s the same when we go outdoors. Why don’t we have referees?? I am willing to help, maybe give a referee an incentive to referee, pay them by means of free entry for the son or daughter that’s racing or free food, maybe referees should be picked at drivers briefing, which then goes back to organisation and running smaller meetings.

At the minute I am serious considering not doing NW Regional’s because of the above and I also know people that are thinking the same.

Stuart Wood, sort it out please!!!

Comments are welcome
Agree with every point!
And if it was just the NW guys racing then it would dusting shed alot earlier like it use to be rather than packing up at 7-8pm!