Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > North West

View Poll Results: How do you want regionals to run ?
2WD 4WD same day Limited numbers (as is) 17 29.82%
2WD 4WD seperate Sundays (6 Sundays) 19 33.33%
2WD Saturday 4WD Sunday 12 21.05%
Other (please state below) 9 15.79%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-03-2012

i clicked 2wd and 4wd on same day as is, however i supose i should have clicked other as i agree with others and think 2wd and 4wd on same day but one class per driver
Old 07-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
I haven't voted yet, because I think other points affect how I would vote.

How many entries are from people completing the required minimum of rounds? Is the series over subscribed with people doing 1 , 2 or 3 rounds, and therefore being effectively irrelevant to the "Series".

My personal outlook is that the regional SERIES is there for the interested drivers to attain a BRCA grading from F2-F4 (F5 being assigned regardless). Therefore the series should cater firstly for drivers willing to compete to attain the above grades through committing to the required events.

I think this is a good argument to give preference to the individuals that fall into the above criteria. Whilst this may be controversial, I believe that means any current F1 drivers should also be considered to have a lower priority than the drivers trying to achieve a formula via the regional series.
You have raised some very good points there John and I would surport you, but its good to see F1 drivers competing at regionals because I think young or less skilled drivers have someone in the sport to look upto...
Old 07-03-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

The issue of people doing enough rounds is central to this. The last few years the numbers actually doing the required 4 has been rather low.

However, the problem there is one of location and weather. Southport and Bury aren't that far apart, and a large portion of the regions racers live quite near both. South Lakes, Batley and Keighley are all much further away, so for many racers the easy, cheap route to 4 rounds is to do the Southport and Bury meets, and miss out the 'away' rounds.
Then it rains like it did for Bury's round last year and people don't come - suddenly a huge chunk of racers missing enough rounds to score.

Truth is there isn't a solution to that problem unless we ran indoors!

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 07-03-2012

Default agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyster View Post
I think that seperate sundays would be better, so we may only get 8 or 9 heats in 2wd or 6 or 7 in 4wd but at least for those that have to travel for 2 or more hours will get home at better time on a sunday evening and it would of course give those drivers that normley do both classes on the same day a more relaxed day.
Well thats my opinion. I'm Mike Bradbury if anyone was wondering....
(+1)

Bury Metro Member http://www.bmrcc.co.uk/

Team Associated B6.1
Absima Team Driver
Still have my old Team Associated C4.1, Team C Evo and Yokomo Bmax4 just in case my lads take up the sport someday.
Old 07-03-2012
Mad Member

one class per driver is rather poor,

but thats what this poll is for, peoples opinions

Last edited by Col; 08-03-2012 at 12:43 AM. Reason: swearing
Old 07-03-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Coe View Post
The issue of people doing enough rounds is central to this. The last few years the numbers actually doing the required 4 has been rather low.

However, the problem there is one of location and weather. Southport and Bury aren't that far apart, and a large portion of the regions racers live quite near both. South Lakes, Batley and Keighley are all much further away, so for many racers the easy, cheap route to 4 rounds is to do the Southport and Bury meets, and miss out the 'away' rounds.
Then it rains like it did for Bury's round last year and people don't come - suddenly a huge chunk of racers missing enough rounds to score.

Truth is there isn't a solution to that problem unless we ran indoors!
Sorry to pick on you Si , Batley dont want us anymore, Keighley is unfortunatley closed, and i`d go to southlakes twice every year as they are very welcoming to everyone who turns up with some great phrases like 'grass is best' and 'if your ready where racing'

It was once said to me, if you light the blue touch paper you need to stand well back[/CENTER]
Old 07-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred5765 View Post
i dont think it would
you can run regional and non scoring on same day
4wd had 87 booked in leaving 30 40 places for non count club racers
What I was getting at is that whilst one club is hosting a regional the other two are down on numbers or closed. Traditionally clubs in the region have closed on regional dates to help boost attendances.

Two day format takes a lot of days out of the calendar, even if a club opens whilst another is hosting it still means that date has to be written off and can't be used for a club competition or such like.

Two day format obviously benefits those drivers that want to follow event type meetings, but detrimantal to regular club attendances. With a limited number of venues and a limited number of drivers it comes down to a balance of satisying both competition events and club racing.
Old 07-03-2012

Default F1 drivers

Quote:
I haven't voted yet, because I think other points affect how I would vote.

How many entries are from people completing the required minimum of rounds? Is the series over subscribed with people doing 1 , 2 or 3 rounds, and therefore being effectively irrelevant to the "Series".

My personal outlook is that the regional SERIES is there for the interested drivers to attain a BRCA grading from F2-F4 (F5 being assigned regardless). Therefore the series should cater firstly for drivers willing to compete to attain the above grades through committing to the required events.

I think this is a good argument to give preference to the individuals that fall into the above criteria. Whilst this may be controversial, I believe that means any current F1 drivers should also be considered to have a lower priority than the drivers trying to achieve a formula via the regional series.
To add my opinion I think to qualify for Nationals you should have done Regionals. Just because you're an F1 you're not too good to race at club or Regionals.

Also Fan of "Shepherd Neame"
Old 07-03-2012
Admin

Roger, I do agree with both you and Mike, however my main point was that in my eyes (I'm happy to listen to other views) the regional series is for drivers to try attain formula's F4 through F2 at the end of it.
If you are already F1 in the current year, you could at worst drop a grade to F2. For this reason any current F1 driver has nothing to gain by doing the regional series, as they could not better F2, the top grade available from the series.
Old 07-03-2012

I vote other - 2wd and 4wd run on the same day but only 1 class per person.

This allows 120 - 130 drivers to enter regional meetings without people hogging places by running 2 classes.
Old 07-03-2012
Super Moderator

Quote:
Roger, I do agree with both you and Mike, however my main point was that in my eyes (I'm happy to listen to other views) the regional series is for drivers to try attain formula's F4 through F2 at the end of it.
If you are already F1 in the current year, you could at worst drop a grade to F2. For this reason any current F1 driver has nothing to gain by doing the regional series, as they could not better F2, the top grade available from the series.
And if that driver has decided to not attend Nationals that year for whatever reason then they can't race any BRCA series?

I might not know much, but I don't think you could actually turn anyone away who holds a valid BRCA licence... but what do I know?
Old 07-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northy View Post
I might not know much, but I don't think you could actually turn anyone away who holds a valid BRCA licence... but what do I know?
I agree, don't turn anyone away regardless of f grading or location, but I think preference should be given to those committed to doing the series and not just one or two rounds.
Old 07-03-2012
Super Moderator

The point is this is a BRCA series, and therefore must be run to the rules in the BRCA rule book, *some* of these are allowed to have a 'regional variation', but it's not possible to just go making new ones up *I THINK* <-- that last bit is my opinion and is not an official statement from the BRCA (no matter what it says in my sig) and is in case I am wrong - I have been wrong before, 1998 I think it was......

I'm sure Stu is talking to the people he needs to to sort this out, but I feel for him, his new job is not an easy job when things are going smoothly.
Old 07-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePimlott View Post
one class per driver is rather poor,

but thats what this poll is for, peoples opinions
I agrees it is rather poor.

In an ideal world we would have 2x seperate 6 round series, but if only shared across 3 clubs it is also a shit option.

Everything comes down to lessers of evils.

Last edited by Col; 08-03-2012 at 12:45 AM. Reason: swearing
Old 07-03-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
The point is this is a BRCA series, and therefore must be run to the rules in the BRCA rule book, *some* of these are allowed to have a 'regional variation', but it's not possible to just go making new ones up *I THINK* <-- that last bit is my opinion and is not an official statement from the BRCA (no matter what it says in my sig) and is in case I am wrong - I have been wrong before, 1998 I think it was......

I'm sure Stu is talking to the people he needs to to sort this out, but I feel for him, his new job is not an easy job when things are going smoothly.
True, but BRCA rules can be changed just like any other, and if there is a demand to do so that can happen. I know it needs to be proposed, seconded, voted etc but remember we are talking 2013 series here. Rules have to change to adapt to circumstances and if enough people feel that way and vote that way they will.

Sly - I know about Batley and Keighley, but that sort of shows up my point. The series is down to 3 clubs as it is and one is quite remote from the other two (good though it is). If Bury or Southport decided the same as Batley and pulled out the whole thing would fold......

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 07-03-2012
Admin

Quote:
And if that driver has decided to not attend Nationals that year for whatever reason then they can't race any BRCA series?

I never suggested turning anyone away unnecessarily , but if a SERIES (not meeting), is over subscribed, how else do you prioritise who gains an entry or not?

Mikes point was a very good one, having top quality F1 drivers at regionals only serves as an incentive to lesser drivers to better themselves.
Old 08-03-2012
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

i know I'm going to get flak over this but so what
the easiest option is for the guys that didn't get in to buck there ideas up and book in earlier next time end of,
Old 08-03-2012

Voted 'Other', limit people to 1 class but keep the format the same, in my view it is part of the competition, pick your best class and stick with it for the regionals. Why shouldn't F1's race regionals, especially this year there are no North West tracks on the Nationals so our 'local' F1's miss out on their local tracks?
Old 08-03-2012

I've voted for other.
I think if we could get everyone pre booked, and pre paid, be it down to a central system, or individual clubs/paypal, the clubs should be able to post a heat list the day before, and be 100% strict on a start time, say 8.30, that would save a good chunk of time at the start of the meeting, probably needs just over 30 mins to run an extra heat and i don't remember starting racing before 9.30, that should squeeze in an extra 22 cars. then if we're still over booked, limit to one class per driver, with second cars on a reserve list
Old 08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Coe View Post
True, but BRCA rules can be changed just like any other, and if there is a demand to do so that can happen. I know it needs to be proposed, seconded, voted etc but remember we are talking 2013 series here. Rules have to change to adapt to circumstances and if enough people feel that way and vote that way they will.

you are correct that a proposal could be submitted, however only the NW region appear to have an issue, the other regions appear to manage their regional series without problems, so it is unlikely that any rule change would pass. as a result of that in my opinion you will need to find a solution that does not involve changing a BRCA ruling