Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > North West

Old 13-03-2012
Stu-Perstar

Default Saturday 10/03/12 Emergency Meeting

Minutes for BRCA North-West Region 10/03/2012
Present: Stuart Wood - North-West BRCA Rep, Roger Wood - Bury Metro Buggy Club Sec, Simon Larkin - Southport Chairman, Stuart Jones - South Lakes Chairman

Appologies: Stephen Lawson - Batley Chairman

Confirmed dates - see Oople for any updates:

22nd April - Southport 2wd
6th May - Bury 4wd
20th May - South Lakes 2wd
24th June - Bury 2wd
8th July - Southport 4wd
19th Aug - South Lakes 4wd

We are going to look for another Club/track that will hold another 2 dates for a 2wd and 4wd race also and we are in talks with NNRC, PRCC and Mould.
This will be confirmed at a later date.

Pre-booking - Carl Latham has offered to organise and control a central booking system but this needs to be confirmed with Carl. We can not afford to pay Carl but we can give him FOC racing for the Region. We will be looking into payment before the meeting and a closing date of the Monday before the event at 12 midnight. If a driver cancels before the closing date they will receive a full refund but after the closing date they will not. PayPal and Sage pay to be looked into by Stu Wood. If a driver wants to pay CASH then the driver has to pay there own club before the closing date. Once again, things to be confirmed.

Marshals - ALL must wear a bib provided by the club holding the event and this is COMPULSARY!!!!!!! Penalties to be given if not worn!!!!!This is a MUST.
We are also going to trial a new referee system and it is down to the mashals to watch over the track and the drivers conduct on the rostrum. After the race 'IF' there has been any issues then the marshal comes to a designated person from the club to report. Also, if drivers have issues with the marshals, please report to designated person on the day.

Scrutineering - We are bringing back this due to controlling the turn around time of drivers to marshals.
After the driver finishes there race, they put there car into Scrutineering and then go straight to marshal. After they marshal, collect cars and go back to pits.
Scrutineering will follow guidlines to BRCA rules.

Trophies - We are going to have one BIG trophy per class for the winner of the series to allow there names to be put onto the trophy to keep for 12 months and given back.
Also trophies for 1st,2nd and 3rd place for each class and a 1st place trophy for the under 16's in each class to keep. This is to be organised by Simon Larkin of Southport Club.

Also I have organised for the highest UNSPONSORED driver in each class to receive a 'B' Drive off Horizon Hobbies for the following year and for the top UNSPONSORED driver in the under 16's.
I have organised raffle prizes for each round from CML, RC Disco and HPI. This might not be much but its more than we could of thought.

Thanks
Stu Wood
North West BRCA Rep

Old 13-03-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Good work Stu, Carl and clubs involved. Looks very possitive
Old 13-03-2012

Well done guys - looking very positive for the new season.
Old 13-03-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

I know it's not my region, but the top unsponsored driver aspect is a brilliant idea!
Old 13-03-2012

Everthing else is great news but I'm not happy with only getting three meeting for one class,as I only have 2 wd..

TEL 01706 250007
For your trackside support.
Durango/Kyosho/Losi/Team associated/ Schumacher/ stockist
Old 13-03-2012
Mad Member

Why reinvent the wheel regards booking in?

Central Booking in exists already, so why not use that?
Old 13-03-2012
Mad Member

Great News Woody,

Well done all involved. And thank you.
Old 13-03-2012
oOple Tattoo Dancer!

is it all 3 to count for the series
Old 13-03-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgie View Post
Why reinvent the wheel regards booking in?

Central Booking in exists already, so why not use that?
With the new format of 2wd and 4wd on seperate days i dont think pre booking is necessary!

The over subscription problem has been resolved.
Old 13-03-2012
Stu-Perstar

Just to clarify what I have put at the top.
We will be having a central booking system.Not open yet as it is only 2 days old.
We will be seperating 2wd and 4wd.
I am looking for another track to hold another round due to Batley dropping out.

The first round at Southport has already got alot of bookings for 2wd but if you are booked in 4wd then this is not going to happen.
If you wish to change your booking to 2wd then please contact the club.
Hopefully after the first round the central booking will be live. You will pay on the day of the first round only.

I do apologise for all of this but it is very late in the year already and yes this should of been done already.

Thanks
Stu
Old 13-03-2012
Stu-Perstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by footey View Post
All depends on if I can get another club to run a round mate.
Old 13-03-2012
Stu-Perstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePimlott View Post
With the new format of 2wd and 4wd on seperate days i dont think pre booking is necessary!

The over subscription problem has been resolved.
You would think this Mike but Southport have 9 heats pre booked of 2wd so who knows what will happen.
Old 13-03-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by footey View Post
I hope not I only race 4wd and I'm away for one of the dates

There's a moral to this story "be carefull what you wish for"

http://budsballs.co.uk
Old 13-03-2012
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by woOdy View Post
I am looking for another track to hold another round due to Batley dropping out.
Thanks
Stu
Stu, will the region be in a position to confirm this and also the new date, prior to the first round?

I ask as the location and the date may be an important factor for anyone who is thinking of committing to the series.
Old 13-03-2012

Good work on grabbing the bull by the horns and trying to sort the regional scenario out. But I don't think the outcome is so positive. Its only my personal opinion, and whatever gets decided will (especially at short notice) will always upset half of the people, its a bit of a no win situation.

What I think is good is pre-booking, pre-payment and no refunds for no shows.

However on the negative side.... looking at round one pre entries only about 40% of drivers enter both classes and about 60% of drivers enter a single class only.

So some of the 2-class drivers (40% of entires) get an easier day with more relaxed timescale and better availibilty. But on the flip side the single class drivers (that account for 60% of entries) get their series slashed from 6 meetings to 3 ???

It seems the majority are losing out here?

As I say just my opinion, and maybe the new schedule will encourage more people to do 2 classes etc.
Old 13-03-2012
Stu-Perstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanW View Post
Good work on grabbing the bull by the horns and trying to sort the regional scenario out. But I don't think the outcome is so positive. Its only my personal opinion, and whatever gets decided will (especially at short notice) will always upset half of the people, its a bit of a no win situation.

What I think is good is pre-booking, pre-payment and no refunds for no shows.

However on the negative side.... looking at round one pre entries only about 40% of drivers enter both classes and about 60% of drivers enter a single class only.

So some of the 2-class drivers (40% of entires) get an easier day with more relaxed timescale and better availibilty. But on the flip side the single class drivers (that account for 60% of entries) get their series slashed from 6 meetings to 3 ???

It seems the majority are losing out here?

As I say just my opinion, and maybe the new schedule will encourage more people to do 2 classes etc.
Yes totally Dan but if you take me for an example, I dont run 2 classes in one day. I will be doing both classes now so there is more drivers already. How many other drivers only race one class per day?
Also you have to think of the big series you have at Southport as a club and I dont want to effect that in any way so the dates are very slim and I can only do so much.
Like I have already said, I am trying to find other clubs which will hold an event but this all takes time and I will get there. Promise.
Old 13-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by woOdy View Post
Yes totally Dan but if you take me for an example, I dont run 2 classes in one day. I will be doing both classes now so there is more drivers already. How many other drivers only race one class per day?
Also you have to think of the big series you have at Southport as a club and I dont want to effect that in any way so the dates are very slim and I can only do so much.
Like I have already said, I am trying to find other clubs which will hold an event but this all takes time and I will get there. Promise.
Stu - It was just my 2p worth. Getting the clubs around a table and getting some oranisation in place is a big step forward. With regards the format I fully appreciate that you are in a complete no win situation, too many drivers, not enough clubs, not enough dates in the year.

Squeezing an extra round of each in might make all the difference and as you say more drivers may now do both classes.

Only time will tell
Old 13-03-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

If you can't get another club for the two extra dates would it not make the most sense to give Southport say an extra 2wd meet, and Bury an extra 4wd just to make the 8 (4x2) meetings.
That way you can set dates for those rounds and let people know they will happen, and we can just alter the venue if someone else wants to come onboard.

Basically I like the decision. Its not ideal, but the fact is you can't please everyone. What it most definitely is is clear evidence that things are moving and changes being made and that is great news already.

Now having said I wasn't going to race do I book in for Southport 2wd or not?????

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 13-03-2012
Mad Member

I was thinking the same about a 4th venue Si but draw the names out if a hat for which club gets an extra 2WD and an extra 4WD round.
Old 13-03-2012
Mad Member

Me and stu are on the case with a 4th venue, I'm going tomorrow to visit one.

It was once said to me, if you light the blue touch paper you need to stand well back[/CENTER]