Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 03-12-2009

Send a message via MSN to BRS
Default RC10 value?

I've dug out my old RC10 from about 1993 I think. It was mint till the son gave it some abuse. What sort of value would this have, see pics?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (50.0 KB, 153 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (47.7 KB, 135 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (41.5 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (62.0 KB, 196 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (50.0 KB, 160 views)
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (47.4 KB, 122 views)
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (46.2 KB, 128 views)
Old 06-12-2009

88 views with no replys.... I'm guessing its worth zip then
Old 06-12-2009

They guys collecting these are realy into clean tubs.That one is a little beat up.Still have the good stuff though.Hard andozed shocks and such.The market for this stuff has cooled some.Still probably worth $80-$100 usd.I got a great deal recently for similar for $50.Still a realy cool old buggy.
Old 06-12-2009

sell it to me
Old 07-12-2009

Bit of a difficult one really - shame you gave it to your lad to run, seems he may have had a bit of a hefty front-end shunt judging by what looks like a bent chassis tube.... which would mean the chassis maybe a bit out of shape.

Having said that its a team car with all the right bits & RC10s do still seem to fetch decent money..... my advice would be to stick on evilBay & see what you get
Old 07-12-2009

well used chassis = -$
black b stamp chassis = -$
dyed parts = -$
bent nose plate and brace tube = -$
original box and paperwork = +$

now that is how a collector would see it. as far as someone wanting to use it for racing you get this.

stealth trans = +$
steel turnbuckles = -$
non molested chassis (no holes or cuts) = +$

all in all this car would make a good runner for someone starting out. to a collector its nothing to get excited about. pricing varies daily on what these cars sell for. i watch the rc10's every day since i am a vintage collector/racer.. looking at this car i would offer about $60 shipped if you were in the us. but then again im cheap but i know what i can get these cars for. but on ebay currently i can see it fetching somewhere between $60 - $100 plus shipping

now if you took the car completely apart and cleaned it, redyed all the parts black, and took some high quality glamor photos you may see even more out of it. but it depends if your time is worth the effort to pull a little more money from her.
Old 08-12-2009

Its interesting as a racer that there is a whole other collectors market out there interested in very different things.

It is a shame the son gave it a thrashing but I'm sure he enjoyed it!! I'd no idea it was worth anything.

LowClassCC the chassis actualy has the letter A stamped under the diff if that mean something as you sat B stamp?

Thanks for the info much appreciated a bit of TLC and a photo shoot then on ebay I think will be the best route.

cheers
Old 08-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRS View Post
Its interesting as a racer that there is a whole other collectors market out there interested in very different things.

It is a shame the son gave it a thrashing but I'm sure he enjoyed it!! I'd no idea it was worth anything.

LowClassCC the chassis actualy has the letter A stamped under the diff if that mean something as you sat B stamp?

Thanks for the info much appreciated a bit of TLC and a photo shoot then on ebay I think will be the best route.

cheers
Sounds like a plan You might be suprised, RC10s are rarer in the UK - so seem to fetch more over here than in the states.

By the way it is my understanding that all later chassis pre-drilled for the Stealth gearbox are 'B' stamp (I maybe wrong here?) - its rather odd if yours is stamped 'A' - but then theres all sorts of anomalies that crop up in the production of these cars

P.S; check out http://www.rc10talk.com/
Old 08-12-2009

ok the a-stamp black chassis are around. this may identify your buggy as a very early 6035. even fewer made their way into kits. for the most part they were sold as replacement chassis with the associated us flag header card part number 6301.

these black a-stamp chassis were most likely left over gold pans that the company had laying around. to update them they would drill for the stealth and reanodize them in black.

now there were also a-b stamp chassis. followed by b stamps and c stamps. the a-b chassis were old a stamp chassis that were drilled with the additional holes for the stealth and then they stamped a b over the a that was already there. you chassis most likely was made ether before this restamping started or was just done on a day when quality control was a bit more lax than normal.

so a good way to look at a black a-stamp is recycled and it is one of those things that could draw a little more from a collector but remember condition will play a bigger factor than what stamp it has.

also it is had to tell from the pic but does it have both sets of holes for the inline battery setup? it should only have one set of holes for the inline battery and those will be slightly off center if you look at them. the centered inline battery holes were not done from the factory until the later b-stamp chassis.
Old 08-12-2009

forgot to add the rc10 team car #6035 came out in 1990 not 1993 though they were still sold at that point. but the a-stamp tells me it has a production date closer to 1990.
Old 10-12-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via Skype™ to purplenut

Pmd,
Old 10-12-2009

Where does the gold A-stamp, 6 gear car fit in, in the time line as i have 1 and want to know more about it ?
Kyosho RB 6.7
MB MODELS www.rccarshop.co.uk
www.ghostrc.co.uk
Old 10-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonW View Post
Where does the gold A-stamp, 6 gear car fit in, in the time line as i have 1 and want to know more about it ?
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=13059

Depending on whether it has long or short front wishbones it could be a later version of a first generation RC10 (assembled into a kit at Associated's later premises - Cadillac Avenue, CA.) Or it could be a Championship Edition car (long front wishbones)

Show us a pic Simon
Old 10-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowClassCC View Post
forgot to add the rc10 team car #6035 came out in 1990 not 1993 though they were still sold at that point. but the a-stamp tells me it has a production date closer to 1990.

Well either my memory gets hazy and it was closer to 1990 not 93 or I managed to buy old stock?
Old 11-12-2009

Just listed mine on ebay if anyone is interested. Really not 100% if I want to sell yet so I've put it up at a starting price in the ball-park of what it stands me at.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=300376836131