Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 03-12-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big G View Post
Completely off topic I know, but English is only the 3rd most spoken language in the world and Mandarin speakers almost triple the English ones.
Hmm..but interestly enough if you include second language speakers, English takes 2nd spot and Spanish falls from 2nd to 4th behind Hindi/Urdu.

Why am I mentioning this? Because it has got as much relevance to this topic as the reliability of schumacher cars – this about LRP/Nosram having to tighten up their warranty procedures. They simply cannot afford to fix or replace every broken speedo out there that may well be second or third hand or not even bought in this country.

In this particular instance I do have some sympathy for you if did buy the speedo new and somehow the number got rubbed off. Unfortunately not keeping the receipt is probably what has cost it for you. I have had 2 LRP speedos go down on me in a about 5 years and both were replaced within a week – had box, receipt (with my name and address on) and warranty card.They have to cover themselves to some degree and it is quite clear on the warranty card.

Rob

Old 03-12-2010

I think that if the serial number being illegible is an issue, and I understand the reasons why it is. The manufacturer of these products - Nosram / LRP (And not distributors) should mark the main part of the item in a more permanent way if offering a 25 year warranty and enforcing this requirement. A sticker on the outside of the case is not really suitable (A manufacturers issue to address). As for keeping the receipt, this is pretty much the norm until your warranty expires (The individuals responsibility). Unfortunately, not a lot you can do now.

P.S. I'm happy with the durability of my Cat - It's a tough old bus!.

Last edited by Dazzler; 03-12-2010 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Cat comment.
Old 03-12-2010
Mad Member

Just relaying the thoughts and feelings of the schumacher owners that i know
if all is fine then why make an ali g/box?
why do all the cats i see seem so heavily modded?
Whats the pred got to do with me?
i run a Durango and have done since 2006
but back on topic you do need to keep your speedo receipt , warranty card and have the speedo serial number to match to be able too qualify to be repaired
most manufacturers work this way its the fairest system for all

Last edited by Rebelrc; 03-12-2010 at 05:02 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

As well as the above advise a photo of the esc serial number with the bill in frame when new, kept in box with the bill would be handy too if as in your case it is unreadable. Spending that much money you have to look out for youself.
Old 05-12-2010
Mad Member

companies will try to get out of anything these days, think yourself lucky your not trying to contact lrp, i think they have moved planet....

i think they could have shown better customer relations by fixing it though,

if the speedo had a 25 year guarantee and they know that speedo was only release a few years back, say 3 for instance then they would have realised it still has 22 years guarantee......

in my eyes a sticker or serial shouldnt matter, they know when the item was originaly made and they could just backdate the guarantee to the original release date and allow you the rest of the 25 year term on the item as well as repair it and renew the serial so they can keep their books straight and know when the 25 years will be up...

just dont buy their gear again, i wouldnt
Old 05-12-2010
Mad Member

You have to understand a "Distributor" is only responsible for handling goods bought in their territory!
If you can prove that you bought from the UK and purchased recently from a reputable dealer then you should have no problem to get it checked out.

Kyosho UK

www.kyoshoeurope.com
Old 05-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I suppose, as you went direct, the serial number is more important as this will establish where it was bought (i.e. a UK supplied item). Should have gone through the shop it was bought from, always always always - as they'll have record of your purchase, a familiarity and relationship with you, and an established relationship with the distributor. They'd mediate any bad news, but bad news less likely through them.

If it wasn't bought from the UK, you've no chance, consider it as a chance taken, disposable - warranty void before the box open.
Old 06-12-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockerill View Post
First things first, the cougar doesn't need a £60 gearbox!! The gearbox on my original proto cougar is still together and running since last march, pretty good if you ask me.
Secondly, when I won Southport with my Cat it hadn't had any work on it for about 2 months, and it had done a lot of testing and done pretty well at 3 other major events!! From what you say that shouldn't have happened.
I'm not saying the cars need no maintenance, but you certainly have exaggerated it! Things don't bend/break unless you by things, same with any car.
Back to the original topic, it's LRP/Nosram that are insisting on the procedure's, not Schumacher. If you were in Schumachers position would you give out a free speedo out of your own money if your supplier won't honour the warranty work? Your gripe should be with Nosram
Ditto
Just think of it as your own shop!
Someone wants a refund exchange whether faulty or not.....where's your proof you bought it from me.....etc

Nosram speedos are the best there is Ive never had a problem with them or the LRP identical ones no probs at all

Mr long hits the nail on the head also with his say above!!!