Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 17-07-2014

Default Shorty conversion cahassis bmax 4iii

Hi does anybody know when the shorty conversion will be available in the shops?
Old 17-07-2014

They are available from Mon/Tuesday. Depends on your shop.
Old 22-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyaflake View Post
They are available from Mon/Tuesday. Depends on your shop.
Does anyone know if the shortie chassis is in stock anywhere yet?

Old 22-07-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Spider View Post
Does anyone know if the shortie chassis is in stock anywhere yet?
It should be with MB models this week I'd have thought. New Yokomo stock usually arrives Thursdays.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 22-07-2014

Does anyone know if or when the bmax4 kit will include this chassis?
Old 22-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJC View Post
Apparently so, I have heard later in the year but no definite date.
Old 22-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJC View Post
Yes. New B-Max4 III kit will be released in October.

The chassis is being shipped out today, so will take a couple of days max before you can buy the kit in the UK.
Old 22-07-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

In stock now at MB models: http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php...rsion-kit.html
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 23-07-2014

Holy @%!%, that's expensive.. The price should be around 72pound, not 92! It's 91 Euro sale, not 95 (!) pound, which is around 120euro, lol.
Old 23-07-2014

Ordered mine this morning from MB and just got a £15 refund . The price has dropped to £79.99 now. I guess the original price was an error.

Old 23-07-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Good stuff on price correction from MB models. I believe the original price was set by the "official UK channel".

I'll be getting this new chassis kit, although I'm keeping my car on saddles for the remainder of the outdoor season, as it's working so well for me and i don;t want to change it now. The kit offers a considerable number of new parts for the car, which is reflected in the overall price.
Old 23-07-2014

The new chassis kit looks nice but i don't know if its worth me getting one when im probably going to keep the car running in saddle configuration. I know it saves some weight but i really like the way my car handles now and the heaviness of the car currently probably gives it stability.

hmm what to do
Old 24-07-2014

If you like the car as it is, why upgrade? Upgrading is not mandatory .

With the new chassis you still are able to run saddles (only the chassis is lighter). If i were you I wouldn't buy the new chassis, because you are happy with how it is now. Very easy choice
Old 24-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyaflake View Post
If you like the car as it is, why upgrade? Upgrading is not mandatory .

With the new chassis you still are able to run saddles (only the chassis is lighter). If i were you I wouldn't buy the new chassis, because you are happy with how it is now. Very easy choice
Sounds good to me, im just a sucker for new shiny parts
Old 24-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by minty View Post
im just a sucker for new shiny parts
Like many of us!
Old 26-07-2014

I finished my conversion today. Looking forward to trying it next week
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bmaxiii.jpg (1.18 MB, 116 views)

Old 17-09-2014

any feedback from people running the lightweight shorty conversion, be it good or bad

ive ordered one and if it comes by weekend ill probably run it on high grip astro, just trying to gauge if people have had to change their setups much

also has anyone ran it in shorty configuration on a lower grip surface?

Last edited by minty; 17-09-2014 at 09:44 PM.
Old 17-09-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I ran mine for first time last friday (indoor slippy rubber village hall floor) and it was awesome for rear traction, but lacked steering. I sorted this with a change to less worn front tyres and it was loads better, if a touch too much turn in. I was running 1.8mm rear bar and 1.1mm front. I guess I should have tried without the front bar before the tyre change. This was just a few rounds of practice, as i was concentrating on my 2wd.

Second run was at Batley outdoor track on sunday for the supercup. Again car was great, but maybe lacking a bit of rear traction that I was used to with the saddle car. I was running pretty much the same setup as my last saddle chassis setup, just with lighter shock oils. 1.8mm rear bar was changed for the 1.6mm, but think I preferred the 1.8mm. I went faster with the 1.6mm, but not so sure it was the bar that did it, i just had better runs.

I was under the impression that the lighter car would be handful on the shorty chassis on slippy surfaces, but was pleasantly surprised. I guess the test now is Batley and York indoor tracks (super slippy gym floor), which i'll be running on soon. I think possibly the rear balance weight may come into play and will be the first thing i add to see if it give a touch more rear traction. I hated the weight in the saddle car, it was heavy enough without it.

I'm running at RHR astro this coming weekend for the York Autumn cup. I didn't get chance to pop down to the practice night tonight due to workload, but I've run a lot over the supper with the saddle car, so should quickly get a feel for the new chassis. I didn't like my carbon shorty chassis on the astro though.
Old 21-09-2014

Ran the car today with the lightweight shorty conversion on high grip astroturf and the car was spot on. Very agile and easy to drive but still fast

I started with the car on front minispikes with inner and outer rows cut off like i usually run with the car in saddle configuration. The car felt pretty good to be fair but i had to be a tad cautious chucking my car into the corners and sometimes getting grip roll.

I then changed onto low profile cut staggers and the car was awesome. I could carry more speed into and mid corner.

Pretty happy with this setup so far. The best the car has been on dry high grip astroturf.

Attached is the setup. I need to still have a test with roll centers and a couple of other bits but so far so good. I need to get one of them kf shock tower protectors next as well to help prevent front upper bulkhead breakages, went through two today
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BMRCC21sep2014.jpg (288.8 KB, 23 views)
Old 21-09-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by minty View Post
Ran the car today with the lightweight shorty conversion on high grip astroturf and the car was spot on. Very agile and easy to drive but still fast

I really struggled with mine today at RHR Autumn cup. my saddle car has always been excellent, but the shorty car today was terrible. Ran the same setup that was good at Batley last week, but was far too edgy for the high grip track. broke a bulkhead top, wishbone and rod end. I was all over the place and wrote the 4wd day off.

*Edit*- I was on worn 2wd minispikes on the front, haven't tried cut staggers, but have tried stagger ribs previously and not liked them.Looking back I should have tried a thicker front bar from my normal 1.1mm.

2wd was awesome with my new KF

Last edited by neallewis; 21-09-2014 at 09:58 PM.