Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > YORCC - York

Old 24-01-2012
YORCC legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AidyBee View Post
The devil may be in the detail but I think everyone would agree the basics are simple; treat others as you would want to be treated yourself. Put as much effort into your marshalling as you do your racing; treat others with respect and lose the swearing. The more we all put in the more we'll all get out.

I think a short driver (and marshall) briefing would be a good idea to set expectation and kick it all off.
Exactly. The plan is for a drivers' briefing on Saturday night just to set things off on the right track. Last Saturday was very bad tempered.
Old 24-01-2012

Jerry, we're all guilty of breaking the rules from time to time. Over the last couple of weeks I've been 10 seconds late to my marshalling point due to having to put my cells on charge, and due to car issues, been a little blue on the podium as well. Its swings and roundabouts.

Your idea about reinforcing the rules and docking fastest times is a good one, but as I understand it, werent the issues last saturday caused by non-members anyways? Not trying to say dont do it, just asking a question to try and put this into context.

I suppose reinforcing the rules cant hurt and might just make a difference to those of us who are regulars and are a little blue or slow.

Might I make a small suggestion as well? Can we set the expectations of marshalls out in this brief too? I'd also suggest a little more thought goes into the marshalling positions, probably best if this is done by someone on the commitee to ensure that the marshalls dont have to cross the track to get to the cars, and that those positions are reviewed at the end of the first round to ensure those areas with more incidents are covered effectively. I know its tough, and I'm by no means having a pop, but if we're going to have a brief to explain what is expected, we might as well take the 2 mins to make the marshalls job as easy as possible from the outset.

Just an idea

AC

Thanks to Gray @ 01 and Alex @ Moss Models for being a pair of legends and supporting their local clubs!

Trader Feedback
Old 24-01-2012
YORCC legend

That certainly was the plan: to read through the rules (see top post / sticky) before racing starts.
Old 25-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC199 View Post
Might I make a small suggestion as well? Can we set the expectations of marshalls out in this brief too? I'd also suggest a little more thought goes into the marshalling positions, probably best if this is done by someone on the commitee to ensure that the marshalls dont have to cross the track to get to the cars, and that those positions are reviewed at the end of the first round to ensure those areas with more incidents are covered effectively. I know its tough, and I'm by no means having a pop, but if we're going to have a brief to explain what is expected, we might as well take the 2 mins to make the marshalls job as easy as possible from the outset.

Just an idea

AC
I quite often set the marshelling cones out, it isn't set in stone where they go, the general rule of thumb is to spread out the cones so 1-7 are covering the whole track evenly. It's open to error, if anyone sees before or during the meeting that their position can be improved, have a quick work with Mike or whoever is race director, and then change the position of the one in question. 95% of the time the place they are initially put will be fine. If you do spot an improvement, it's easy to fix.
Old 25-01-2012

At the last meeting, I did have a word with Mike about changing one of the positions, but it took another whole round for anything to be done about it. I would have done something about it myself but I'm not a committee member, and dont feel comfortable suggesting or offering to do anything after the website incident.

Thanks to Gray @ 01 and Alex @ Moss Models for being a pair of legends and supporting their local clubs!

Trader Feedback

Last edited by AC199; 25-01-2012 at 12:38 PM. Reason: It sounded bitchy, and wasnt supposed to be. No more posting at 6am for me...