Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Xtreme - VEGA

Old 15-03-2012

Question Recent return to RC - Some Pred advice needed

After a long absense I've got back into RC, just getting a B4 on the road at the moment (first club meeting next week!), but I have a boxed unbuilt X10 in the cupboard...

Will an X10 take a hard cased Lipo stick pack? A read of the forum suggests saddle Lipo will fit with a little work - but will I need an X11 chassis for stickpacks (I've got a pred ETQ chassis too - and a TQ98 but I'd rather not butcher these, but they do look a little longer) I'm happy the servo will go in front of the motor (ala classic pred) - but this looks doable with X10 bits and some patience, just don't want to have to cut any material out of the tub to put in this lipo) - so who's done it? And what did you have to do to secure the battery?

Also - do Team Xtreme still support Pred touring cars? I've got enough spares to run one, and X10/X11 diffs might fit (read as: will make fit!) But if I crash and/or have a major breakage if there's no one at all for backup (not many of these on eBay to canabalise either!).

Thanks for your help chaps.

P.S. Will be getting much more practice in before taking out a vintage TC!
Old 18-03-2012

ok about the stick pack, you can check this thread and you will find also a lot of other information/ answers on the pred forum

http://www.the-pred.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=640.0

it's worth to convert cause you get a better driving car car.

you can convert your x10 also to a x11 with a conversion kit if you want but that choice is up to you

cheers
Old 22-03-2012
oOple Contributor

I would not abuse your TC pred to girly onroad stuff.
xtreme has some stock but they don't really know what they have, they found a BIG box with old ttech-era bits, don't know if they have time to search in it for you..