Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround > REAL 1:1 Cars

Old 14-02-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Honda Civic Type-R Supercharged - Detailed (Loads of Swirls)!

Honda Civic Type-R Supercharged

It was dropped off to me around 9am so i took a few pics quickly of how it was looking:

The first thing to do was Snow foam:

After this i went round the whole car with some G101 and a detailing brush, mainly the Indicators, grills, badges etc.

I then rinsed the whole car down, and cleaned the wheels using some AB Very Cherry and a few different brushes, i love the finish on these by the way, painted anthracite and then the faces diamond cut

Very Cherry sprayed on the wheel

Then agitated

Rinsed off

I then also scrubbed the wheel arches with some G101 and a brush
The next stage was to wash the car using 2 x AB buckets & Grit guards with an Adams Polishes Wash Pad and Autosmart Autowash Shampoo

After i washed the whole car i rinsed off again with the Pressure washer and then clayed it using some CYC blue clay and Autosmart Reglaze as Clay lube.

Once the whole car had been clayed, i rinsed down and then sprayed it with some Meg's Last Touch before drying off with a couple of Blue drying towels.

I then taped it up ready for polishing and got a few pics of it i the sun and under the Brinkmann Torch to show the swirls and some of the scratches. I think the Honda paint is pretty easily scratched / swirled as an S2000 i did previously was very similar.

Old 14-02-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

PART2

I started out with my 3M Rotary using the 3M Extrafine Polish with a matching yellow pad and this was working nicely so i did the whole car panel at a time and refined with 3M Ultrafina with the Blue Pad.

I got a couple of nice 50/50 shots in the Sun which really show how bad it was and what an improvement the polishing was making...

I then removed all the blue tape re-snowfoamed the car to get rid of all the polishing dust. I dried it all off once more with some Last Touch and a drying towel and then gave a quick wipedown with some Zaino Z6 spray before waxing with Poorboys Natty's Blue Paste wax.

While the Wax was left to cure i polished the exhaust with some Autosol, 00 Gauge wirewool and a MF Cloth. I also cleaned all the glass with some Autosmart 20/20 Critsal cleaner which i really find works well.

The tyres were dressed with Meg's Endurance Gel and the wheels also wiped down with some Zaino Z8.

Wax was all then buffed off and here are the results! Thanks for reading

Old 14-02-2011

Awesome work as per usual Nick . It looks like a completely different car in the final shots. Glad you posted a new thread because I've missed these posts. On the subject of the car, I've always quite fancied a TypeR in that shape and that certainly looks like a cherished example. I bet it goes too with a supercharger hehehe
Old 14-02-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kek23k View Post
Awesome work as per usual Nick . It looks like a completely different car in the final shots. Glad you posted a new thread because I've missed these posts. On the subject of the car, I've always quite fancied a TypeR in that shape and that certainly looks like a cherished example. I bet it goes too with a supercharger hehehe
Thanks mate!!

Yeah it was nice actually, he's spent a small fortune on it with all the mods it's had done, and he's not finished yet! It was rolling road tested at 296bhp which is pretty good for a Civic - It's REALLY loud though, would probably be a bit too much for daily driving....
Old 14-02-2011

300bhp in a civic
Old 14-02-2011

Nice that looks awesome. Ive got a black type r same as that. 2006 so one of the last to be made. Just a shame it doesnt look as good as that when i valet it!
Old 14-02-2011

Stunning work Nick,Is the swirling\scraching caused by these auto carwashes do you think??
~Schumacher KF2~
~Schumacher Atom~
~BSR Basher-RallyX~
~Ascociated RC8.2e RallyX~
~TeamC T8EV3 RallyX~
phat bodies
worm-racing
http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk
Old 14-02-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dombrasky View Post
Stunning work Nick,Is the swirling\scraching caused by these auto carwashes do you think??
YES

Nice job Nick

Trader feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25152
Old 14-02-2011
Mad Member

Nice work, you can't beat a black can when it's been polished.
Old 15-02-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dombrasky View Post
Yeah a combination of bad washing techniques, soft paint and a few years of it i suppose!

It's not an uncommon finish on Honda's though if you ever look at one that's a few years old in sunlight, especially Black as it shows it up loads!