Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 28-07-2006

I feel sorry for the schools. When I was at school as DCM says it was the norm for teachers to discipline pupils as they saw fit. I dont say that in itself is enough but underlying this is the lack of power the teachers have. Talking to a teacher recently about discipline (cos I have been contemplating taking the PGCE) the teacher simpy sends the pupil to an officer with a note who deals with it. If they suspend or expel they are forced to just take them back by the governors or someone else anyway so the pupil learns nothing. I have heard loads of parents threatning to go and attack teachers for action taken against there child. What does any of this achieve?

When i was a whipper snapper if I did wrong at school I got what was coming and then looked forward to some more fun and games when I got home.

Peoples professional opinion is worthless these days. If you dont like what someone says anymore, simple just go see your lawyer and get them to get whoever you need to say what you want.....

No wonder this place is going to the dogs...
Old 28-07-2006

Unfortunately I don’t think you can do anything about people like that jimmy, you just have to wait till they grow up and become politicians or immigrate to Australia!

Move to Bath mate, its nice here, no scum, well only me!
Old 28-07-2006
Grammarator

Send a message via Skype™ to emzy

But didn't we used to send all of our criminals to Australia and that's what formed the population...?!
Old 29-07-2006
Spends too long on oOple ...

I am sure in todays climate, if the Taxi Driver took them to court, the kids would get him done for emotional assault... wankers
Old 29-07-2006
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

No, I doubt that... My dad's a taxi driver and has had similar problems in the past, with both passengers and chavs in the road, and has been 'through the system' and come out on top. In fact, recently (a few weeks ago), he had a rogue drunken passenger in the back who attempted to smash the screen in his cab (luckily it's reinforced plastic - but it was still damaged). He drove him to the nearest police, got him put in jail over night to cool down, and when the guy woke up he was handed a lovely court date to attend.

A week later he was in court and earned £300/£400 for damage, loss of time from work, loss of time from work filling in statements - taxi drivers don't get paid by the hour for doing nothing and then a small compensation fee too.

*edit* - GRAMMARATED (by your friendly neighbourhood grammarator)

Last edited by emzy; 29-07-2006 at 12:48 PM.
Old 29-07-2006
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to BenG Send a message via MSN to BenG

My dad's a copper, and he has endless trouble with chavs. The other week, he stopped a gang of 13 year olds, and when he asked them what they were doing etc., the 'leader' came up to him, with a tin of lager in his hand and burped in his face. So, he put him in the van, and the chav started to cry. That's what the chavs need: parents who care what their kids get up to, and discipline. Otherwise England in 10 years will be well, without swearing, it's actually hard to describe, let's just say crap

*GRAMMARATED*

Last edited by emzy; 29-07-2006 at 12:57 PM.
Old 29-07-2006

Only downside, is you have kids and you raise your voice at them in a shop/supermarket/street and you know straight away, you get the 'sympathy' look and you get the few who give you the 'bad parent' look. You got to be realy strong in yourself to do it with conviction. And it only ever takes one phone call to the dreaded SS and they act first, discuss later, but by that time, your kids are in care.

It is a REALY hard line to walk.

I for one don't give a shit and will bollock my kids, but I don't swear, and it has been commented that I have even made other 'adults' jump to attention, saying that, my kids are well behaved and know that if they push the limit, punishment is coming their way.

The reason why it has gone to shit, is that the 'do gooders' have made the law Home Office dictate laws that cover the lowest common denominator, so in essence we are ALL prospective child beaters/rapist/murders etc, so they can do away with common sense, like defending yourself in your own home, catching someone smashing your car windows and breaking their nose/arm etc in restraining them.

Oh, and if you EVER feel you need the Police RIGHT THERE, say you though one had a weapon, they will act, otherwise, like Jim knows, they just sit there watching, hoping one of the youths will step out of line so they can arrest them and give themselves two hours of paperwork.

As you can tell, todays society PISSES ME OFF.

grumpy old man, over and out... lol
Old 29-07-2006
Mad Member

Arghhh, I have been *Grammerated* . Yeah, that is true, Police, when they arrest someone, have too much paperwork. Someone told me the other day, that Spain has 2 police types, 1 paid, and 1 type that earns commission, per ticket, person put in jail etc. It apparently works well, and results in a very keen police force But I could see that going wrong: let's say you have had a drink, and are walking down the road, wammo, you get a ticket for being drunk and disorderly

*SPELLERATED AND GRAMMARATED*.... MUAHAHA!! (sorry, too much spare time eh!) x

Last edited by emzy; 29-07-2006 at 02:26 PM.
Old 29-07-2006

In Spain, the Police are also allowed to give you a clip round the ear and shout at you, and if they don't like your attitude, you get a slap from them too. Old skool Policing.

As for the UK, take the story in the newspaper beginning of the week. Woman reported to Thames water of a water leak from the mains on Friday night, they come out, don't bother cordoning off the area and go away.

Skip lorry comes to collect a skip by the burst main, pulls in front of the skip, road subsides, front wheel trapped, lorry is well and truly stuck, so along comes a Traffic Warden, and TICKETS the lorry driver, leaving the driver and the company to go fight the ticket in court.... I mean.... that's what you get when you have people paid a bonus for ticketing.

Last edited by emzy; 29-07-2006 at 02:26 PM.
Old 29-07-2006

the street i live in isn't much better m8.

whats with all the swearing int his topic
Old 29-07-2006
Mad Member

I think it is sheer anger
Old 29-07-2006

Dude, although I live in a quiet street, the area I live seems to have become a dumping ground for the council, so see all sorts, and it just isn't pleasant, it comes to something when you have to think HARD whether to allow your two oldest (8+9) to walk to the local shops, it also don't help, my views tend to be a little 'old fashioned' to an extent.

Last edited by emzy; 30-07-2006 at 10:59 PM.
Old 29-07-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM

Oh, and if you EVER feel you need the Police RIGHT THERE, say you though one had a weapon,
or tell them you have seen a car on your street with an out of date road tax disc..they'll be there before you put the phone down.

Sorry tyrc I know your old mans a rozzer!

Ps, it could be worse jim...you could live in bradford like me...
Old 29-07-2006

I don't blame the Police Officers, like all, their orders filter down through the chain of command.

This should make you laugh, some people I know (they consider me a friend, erm...) have a minibus, tax disk was 15 months out of date before they renewed it: that computer system at the DVLA can't be that good though, as it never caught them.

The word has it now, the vans that were used for targeting Tax Disks (seen it today as well, parked up, lurking) is now cross-referencing your car details for insurance, so beware. Probably the same way that when you can buy your car tax online (one good thing they do, instead of having to queue up behind some crusty, deaf, flatulent old duffer in the post office) you can now buy online, and they check your MOT AND insurance electronically there and then.

BAH HUMBUG!!!

Last edited by emzy; 30-07-2006 at 07:01 PM.
Old 30-07-2006
Mad Member

LOL, don't they advertise that computer as following you everywhere too? I think part of that advert is meant to scare you, although, a big black box sat in the back of your car is hardly an 18 rated horror movie is it? LOL

Let's just say England sucks, there are some nice people, and some not nice people, but the latter are ruining this country's society as a whole

Last edited by emzy; 30-07-2006 at 07:02 PM.
Old 30-07-2006

Default the uk

For all our slagging, it could be worse. Imagine if you lived in nicaragua...
Old 30-07-2006

There is one difference, Nicaragua has never reached the civility that we have had, the UK on the other hand seems to of reached the top and is on the slippery slope the other side (for the time being that is).
Old 30-07-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM
There is one difference, Nicaragua has never reached the civility that we have had, the UK on the other hand seems to of reached the top and is on the slippery slope the other side (for the time being that is).
while that is true, when comparing our gripes to issues in other countries, they really do pale into insignificane don't you think?
Old 30-07-2006

depends on your perspective, where as in other countries, it is a society growing up, in this country, ours is going for its second childhood, and a rather naughty one to.

I know the UK is a lot better and safer than a LOT of other countries, but over the past 20 years, it has realy gone backwards, lawlesness, no respect for property etc.... I felt far safer going to town when I was 16/17/18 (and not out of ignorance) than I would now.
Old 31-07-2006

I dont disagree with you regarding the uk and accept your point that I cite a country which is just developing, I just feel that yes we do get hacked off about the things raised on here but when compared to the problems some people face we should count our blessings. I wont bore with examples, you know them all.