Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 02-09-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

Sorry John, Its a no from me too. Off road to me means jumps and obstacles. As said before, if I wanted to run foams on a flat track I'd be coming to your TC meetings.

What happened to getting the dirt track up and running next door?
Old 02-09-2011
Mad Member

I rek it's a good idea

Give you chance to see what buggies can go like set up as the man says and on a flat carpet track

I've had a quick bash before at ardent with a lazer and some home made foams (which were pretty poor)

Even still was good - the car cornered far quicker than on an off road track (obviously) and it's different not having to deal with inconsistent surfaces, more chance to concentrate on lines and throttle/brake control
Old 02-09-2011
Mad Member

A lot of indoor tracks aren't exactly off road anyway, carpet with jumps and bits of plastic often
Old 02-09-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanks View Post
A lot of indoor tracks aren't exactly off road anyway, carpet with jumps and bits of plastic often
I'd like to see you get a touring car or 1/12th pan car around Worksop indoor masters tracks quicker than a 1/10th buggy
Old 02-09-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frecklychimp View Post
I'd like to see you get a touring car or 1/12th pan car around Worksop indoor masters tracks quicker than a 1/10th buggy
I'd like to see you get a 1/10th buggy over the shit my HPI baja 5sc can get over but proves little

Indoors ain't pure off road
Old 02-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by telboy View Post
Sorry John, Its a no from me too. Off road to me means jumps and obstacles. As said before, if I wanted to run foams on a flat track I'd be coming to your TC meetings.

What happened to getting the dirt track up and running next door?
Long story, has to do with me negotiating too well on the unit we are currently in, would he let me have a second before I pay full whack for the first :-) He went for it at first, then when he looked into how much it would cost him to store the stuff that was already in there he came back to me with some figures. I've tried to get sponsorship money to help bring it forward but after Moto Arena nobody is taking the risk. So have to wait until we have all the revenues from this Winter's on-road series.
Old 03-09-2011
Mad Member

Talking

The major problem I can see is that very high speed + hard plastic edging = lots of broken wishbones.

When we did the 24hr the cars only had a 20t saturn, protective shell and a bumper, but we still smashed hubs and carriers ect. Now imagine that with high speed motors, exposed wheels and no bumpers .

I know we had the petit rc race there with a similar layout but the speeds were lowered by the obsticals.

Sc trucks might be ok but the problem I had running on high grip was grip roll. Even if you slam it to the deck the weight of the shell alone is probably enough to tip it. I'd like to try it on kit tyres where there might be some give but on foams I recon it would be a nightmare.

I love the out of the box thinking tho

Clown
Old 03-09-2011

Cheers Dude ;-)
Old 03-09-2011

It would be a defo no from me too I'm afraid-

The reason I race offroad is for the challenge of multi surface/jumps etc, Main reason I dislike tourers is the foam/additive issue-therefore wouldnt entertain the idea at all.
Shame-as the durango winter series was wicked last year in a brill venue-despite being -20 at one of them haha!!

Gd luck
Old 04-09-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotussmart View Post
Long story, has to do with me negotiating too well on the unit we are currently in, would he let me have a second before I pay full whack for the first :-) He went for it at first, then when he looked into how much it would cost him to store the stuff that was already in there he came back to me with some figures. I've tried to get sponsorship money to help bring it forward but after Moto Arena nobody is taking the risk. So have to wait until we have all the revenues from this Winter's on-road series.
Thats a shame. Was looking forward to what could be done.
Keep working at it though, you never know.
The moto arena thing is going to be silent deterrent for investors though, just like you say.
Pretty sure that the turn out would be good though if it came off.