Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 23-03-2012

Default Shumacher Rebuilds.

Hi guys.
Right,i have just got all my old r/c racing bits out of my mums loft,in lew of restoring,or possibly selling on.I have the following cars and would like to know about parts availability etc.

1. Topcat,got from radioactive in hornchurch back in late 80's.It is pretty complete and is fitted with a trinity after market bumper,hand made alloy front shock cranks and the steering geometry mod kit on the front,and a handmade grp shock tower to the rear.It still has the demon power 13x3 motor in it too.The only thing missing is the drivebelt and the two hooks that hold the shocks to the inner chassis .

2. Cougar 1.This is in bad shape.missing drive belt broken top pulley and shaft and rear blocks,chassis in warped and the steering crank is broken.The shocks are ok and it has 3x shells,of which one is still ok.No wing.Not sure what to do with this,as it needs alot of work tbh

3.Cougar 2.This one i raced for a while,and is still in good condition.It has many tweaks inc ballraced steering,wasp slipper and diff mod,the drive shafts are hydraulic (cant remember where i got these lol) and i fitted later shocks from i think a cat 98 possibly.It still has the reedy mr A's 16x3 motor in it and i chucked some electrics in in and was zipping it up and down the road yesterday.It drives like a dream still after all these years.The only thing missing is the rear spur cover,and the center shaft hits the spare one i have in the middle.I was thinking of possibly drilling a whole,but that would not be sealed,so not keen.Does anyone have a spare?

4.Shotgun.This is just a roller really,has Its all there,minus body and wheels.I remember having alot of fun bashing this truck at a park in brentwood in essex.I popped apart the transmission etc and regreased the diff etc and it is all running smooth again.It could do with a new layshaft and top pulley though,and a belt obviously lol.I would like to get some original 2.2 truck wheels for it and source a body for this too (long shot).It has a top models missile 15x3 motor fitted,which just needs a skim and some new brushes.

I have the usual foray of spare shocks,a few diffs etc and some random wheel as well.ive seen post about JC wheels,are these any good?

I would like to get the topcat going again,but that U195G belt are non existent lol.I was thinking of getting an alloy top pulley and diffcage machined up and sourcing a stronger drive belt,so i can safely use a 10.5 brushless for instance.Ive also read here about the club 10 and big six gearboxes,but they seem quite difficult to find.

I had a case full of 1700 scrs,but hey are all long gone,blown leaked or corroded .I did test my competion electrics linear turbo charger though and it still works as new,cycling a few new cheap nihms i got off ebay .

i have just bought a load of stainless cap heads of varying sizes to replace all screws,but apart from that i would like to keep things as original as possible.

I have noticed on the forum alot of vintage meets and racing is on the up,which is something id like to get into agian.I mainly bash newer ansmann and Losi cars now,but the appeal of these "proper" cars has never left(simple design but light and fast).Im autistic and pretty particular about things like that.

Any ideas would be appreciated.My cameras broken but i will post pics asap though.
thanks
dave
Old 27-03-2012

Default Roughie?

Mate... What sort of money for the sad Cougar 1?
(I'm up for a(nother) challenge!!!)
-Jools
Old 29-03-2012

Hi fella.
Ill dig it all out and will pm you.
Old 21-04-2012

Default Accepted

Dave I've been trying to get PMs to you accepting your deal for the 'roughie' Cougar, but something odd is happening... my replies don't appear in my sent messages box -as if they're not being sent- wierd. So anyway if you're still up for it, let me know cost -postage to Australia etc, and your final price. (I wasn't sure if you knew I'm in Oz)
Cheers mate,
Jools
Old 21-04-2012
oOple Advertiser

Hi Joolstacho, PM's don't go to your sent items folder unless you ask them to, so he's probably getting your PMs

--SMD--INSIDE LINE MODELS--PR RACING UK--

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79696
Old 21-04-2012

Default Ta

Thanks for the tip. Ok, I did look for an option to save to sent messages box but couldn't find anything... I'd better have another dekko!
-Jools
Old 21-04-2012
Super Moderator

Click on the user cp, on the left there will be lots of options, scroll down to edit options, click, scroll down to private messaging then tick the box Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default, then scroll down & save, job done
Old 17-05-2012

Hi guys.
Some crappy circumstances (greedy ex missus) has now put me in a position in wbere i now need to let the topcat go. Ive already sold the others on and if anyone would like to give my topcat a good home please pm me.
Many thanks