Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid South

Old 27-01-2012

Your name is red, so as i understand it you will need to pay at torch, and you would pay £20, £10 for the round you missed and £10 for the round you are entering.

I'm sure darren will correct me if im wrong though
Old 27-01-2012

Thanks Darren, that makes good sense.
Old 27-01-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSloth View Post
Your name is red, so as i understand it you will need to pay at torch, and you would pay £20, £10 for the round you missed and £10 for the round you are entering.

I'm sure darren will correct me if im wrong though
Forgive me, marked as a reserve, black, red or blue, means you are in and will be able to race if you turn up and pay ? - that's what I think it means.

Unlike say, a National where being on the reserve list is no guarantee of a place, small distinction but may be confusing.
Old 27-01-2012
SHRCCC Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCJC View Post
Forgive me, marked as a reserve, black, red or blue, means you are in and will be able to race if you turn up and pay ? - that's what I think it means.

Unlike say, a National where being on the reserve list is no guarantee of a place, small distinction but may be confusing.
I 'think' R means the person needs to be validated (to be human etc) Blue means they have not turned up once when pre booked (warning?) and red means money is owed before they can race and enter another race...
Old 27-01-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCJC View Post

Just to clarify (again) the people in black are "only" reserve" simply because they have just used the booking facility for the very first time, a "human" (usaully me or Keith W) has to go on and verify they are an "actual" person and not a spammer or a ficticous name entered for a joke etc (Mr Donald Duck springs to mind - LOL - dont get any ideas anyone, since if it comes from your IP address you may loose you real entry too when the IP gets banned.) Geberlaly these "newcomers" are validated twice a day or more and never stay black for long.

HOWEVER, those in RED or BLUE are those who have entered previuos meetings and not shown up or ntofied the clubs (through the correect channles at least) that they are not coming. Those in BLUE have doen it juts the once, those in RED are repeat offenders (if that is the right term). AS LONG AS the meeting does not reach any limits of being full (which is a REAL possability this year looking at how wuick they are filling up) then YES they can juts arrive, pay on the day and their statuse on the site will be restored back to normal. Although, IF on the day of the meeting they have not contacted the club and pre-paid in advance and the meeting fills up they will be a "reserve" and not get in. It has NEVER happened yet, a regionals has not been full in our area for many years, BUT it is closer tthan ever to filling up this year looking at the early numbers.

SO........ If your name is in RED or BLUE, get in contact with the club hlding the FIRST meeting you are booked in for and pay your entry (and missed £10 entry fee if in RED) ASAP, then you can get reset back to normal and be asured of your entry for ALL meetings you have booked in for (you only have to pay the missed entry fee of £10 the once, not for EVERY meeting you have entered)

If in doubt, please contact the CLUB (not me) with whom your first entry is with (TORCH is the first meeting for 2wd on April 22nd)

Thanks, Darren
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 27-01-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudders View Post
I 'think' R means the person needs to be validated (to be human etc) Blue means they have not turned up once when pre booked (warning?) and red means money is owed before they can race and enter another race...
Spot on as clarified in my post above.....
Old 27-01-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Boyle View Post
Spot on as clarified in my post above.....
Thanks Darren & Dudders, not quite as I understood it but clear now full regionals......... uuummmmmmm
Old 27-01-2012

Darren,
Please excuse another 'noob' question... but I've applied formy BRCA no' but not had it back yet. Can I still book in? -or do I need the real deal first? If so how do I get the BRCA to effectively pull their finger out?
Old 27-01-2012
SHRCCC Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_UpGrade View Post
Darren,
Please excuse another 'noob' question... but I've applied formy BRCA no' but not had it back yet. Can I still book in? -or do I need the real deal first? If so how do I get the BRCA to effectively pull their finger out?
Not had mine back yet, or the clubs Dr. Was going to give it another week before chasing...

I don't see a reason why you can't book in now, as long as your BRCA number is through by the race date, can't see an issue. Not sure if the booking in system allocates and checks numbers, if not, just enter xxxxx and see? Darren Boyle is your man.

EDIT: They only went off last Friday so I wouldnt chase yet.
Old 27-01-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:

If in doubt, please contact the CLUB (not me) with whom your first entry is with (TORCH is the first meeting for 2wd on April 22nd)

Thanks, Darren
To follow on from Darren's comment, DO NOT PM me please, please email info@torchracing.org.uk
I know a few people have already been in contact, so thank you.
Old 27-01-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_UpGrade View Post
Darren,
If you are "renewing", then your BRCA number will be the same as last year, if you are joining for the first time, then please wait to book in until you have your official number since the system does require your BRCA number when entering.

Please do NOT enter in a false number, since if this clashes with a genuine one belonging to someone else, it can cause all sorts of grief if the "real" person tries to enter also.
Old 27-01-2012

Quote:
If you are "renewing", then your BRCA number will be the same as last year, if you are joining for the first time, then please wait to book in until you have your official number since the system does require your BRCA number when entering.

Please do NOT enter in a false number, since if this clashes with a genuine one belonging to someone else, it can cause all sorts of grief if the "real" person tries to enter also.
Darren, unfortunately there are stories of people with exisiting numbers getting new cards with new numbers when renewing. In addition, new members may be given a number which has a different format eg 1102xxxx (last 5 digits are the important one) or 1102xxxxx (last 6 digits are the important ones). Just a heads up as some systems cannot accept these new format numbers - apologies if I am teaching you to suck eggs
Old 27-01-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by learnerdriver View Post
Darren, unfortunately there are stories of people with exisiting numbers getting new cards with new numbers when renewing. In addition, new members may be given a number which has a different format eg 1102xxxx (last 5 digits are the important one) or 1102xxxxx (last 6 digits are the important ones). Just a heads up as some systems cannot accept these new format numbers - apologies if I am teaching you to suck eggs

No worries Chris, we have preparred for that. As far as I am aware the new numbers are just the year of membership when you first joined (2011 or 2012 etc) then the 5 digit member number (well 6 now since they have prefixed them all with a 0), when you look down the list of entrnats you can see a few like that on there already. Thanks anyhow
Old 28-01-2012

Will Saturday practise be available?
Old 28-01-2012
Mad Member

No. No Saturday practice at any of the venues is the way it works, may be some first thing on race day, but will be a full day, heats and finals.
Old 28-01-2012

Why is this? is that how its always been or what? I'm new to regionals but have been racing onroad for years and at all there big events tracks are open for timed practice the day before.
Old 29-01-2012

certainly for mid south its been that way for time. Its fairer to all, turning up on the sunday and everyone staring with a fresh track to learn and keep the costs down to be honest.
Old 29-01-2012
Mad Member

Pretty much every large event I have been to either doesn't allow practice or changes the track layout before the main event starts.

Certainly in Off Road I think its the norm, to keep it fair for all.
Old 29-01-2012

Thanks guys to be honest I was only looking for a good excuse to get away from the wife for the entire weekend and not just the Sunday LOL
Old 30-01-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Can we confirm the surface of the tracks?

TORCH - astro
Herts - astro
DMS - Carpet / ?
Stotfold - astro
SHRCC - grass?