Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 26-03-2011

Send a message via MSN to savagejac
Default cat sx2

i have been having some problems with my front diff of my car. It is fine when i go out but over the time i have been out it loosens off so that it does not work. It turns to basically two wheel drive. when you accelerate and then brake there is not respond from the front end just the rear. This keeps happening. The problem first of all way the screw in the side where the accel is held. It loosened and once tightened it worked fine, but this time the screw is still tight and still nothing. What is the problem?
Old 26-03-2011

There's a grub screw on the other side to the main screw, make sure you undo that one first then you tighten the main screw tight enough to stop the diff slipping, and then still holding the main screw you tighten the grub screw to lock the adjustment into place.
Old 27-03-2011
Mad Member

If the circlip spins freely in the outdrive, this can loosen the diff. When you rebuild it stretch the circlip and refit it making sure that its tight in the outdrive. Its in the manual I think but makes a hell of a difference. Hope this helps.

PBM Racing 01773 769323
TEAM XRAY
RC DISCO