Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 03-05-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via ICQ to lochness42 Send a message via MSN to lochness42 Send a message via Skype™ to lochness42
Default KoPropo 2123 in Cat SX

Anyone had any issues with this servo in Cat? I managed to break 2 of them in 2 days of racing. Track was extremely bumpy and I was super fast (so I did hit some holes in high speed). I don't know if it was due to conditions or is it common problem.

Do I have to get different servo or servo saver (which)?
Old 03-05-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lochness42 View Post
Anyone had any issues with this servo in Cat? I managed to break 2 of them in 2 days of racing. Track was extremely bumpy and I was super fast (so I did hit some holes in high speed). I don't know if it was due to conditions or is it common problem.

ive seen small kimborough savers fitted ive wrecked 2 ko 2123 ,1 9551 futaba had a savox in for acouple months no problem tbh a much better servo
Old 03-05-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via ICQ to lochness42 Send a message via MSN to lochness42 Send a message via Skype™ to lochness42

Which Savox servo?

I really like KoPropo 2123 servo (I've got them in every car - and they lasted without problems so far) so it's bit sad that this happened. Both have broken same teeth on gear (only plastic gear in whole servo ).
Old 03-05-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Which Savox servo?

I really like KoPropo 2123 servo (I've got them in every car - and they lasted without problems so far) so it's bit sad that this happened. Both have broken same teeth on gear (only plastic gear in whole servo ).
its the high speed 12kg with titanium gears,i ran ko for years and these just feel so much better more torque quicker and precise
Old 03-05-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert digler View Post
its the high speed 12kg with titanium gears,i ran ko for years and these just feel so much better more torque quicker and precise
Is it this one http://www.savoxtech.com.tw/sc-1258.htm ?
Old 03-05-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
thats the one mate there awesome
Old 03-05-2009

Quote:

i broke 2 ko's in my cat, i ended up fitting metal/plastic hybrid gears and used a large kimbrough servo saver, i had take a small a amount of material from the chassis to get it to fit, but never had any problems once it was on.
Old 03-05-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert digler View Post
thats the one mate there awesome
So do you use any servo saver with it?
Old 03-05-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_WOODY View Post
i broke 2 ko's in my cat, i ended up fitting metal/plastic hybrid gears and used a large kimbrough servo saver, i had take a small a amount of material from the chassis to get it to fit, but never had any problems once it was on.
It's bit strange - I abused KoPropo servo last whole season in my XX4 without servo saver without problems and now they've gone really fast. I'm getting spare gears for it, but also need to find solution for this problem (I lost sure overall win due to broken servo on last final).
Old 03-05-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

I've run KO metal geared servos in my Cat since day 1. Not had any problems, but as you say, on a super bumpy 8th track, maybe it is too much.

The reason you were ok with xx4 is probably the nature of the steering system. The Losi one has much more natural flex in it (plastic bell cranks and long link), which would flex in an extreme issue, where as the steering on the car is much stiffer - alloy arms and short link.

Because I haven't run one, I don't have any suggestions for a servo saver i'm afraid.
Old 04-05-2009

I've been using an Ace 1015 left over from my 8th scale, with a Mi3 touring car servo saver and the heavy spring (you have to shave the ends of the spring a bit so it doesnt rub on the undertray). I tried the kimbrough med. one, which is a direct fit but I like the Mi3 one because I think it has a heavier spring. I stripped out the stock horn after about the second or third lap on the car. I could have put an alu one on instead of a servo saver I guess, but I think running this car w/o a servo saver is going to wreck servo's unless you are a real ace and never crash.
hope this helps.