Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 26-04-2009

Just posting to confirm that mine now seems ok since I did that very careful rebuild. No idea what the problem was but i didn't replace any parts.
Old 26-04-2009

Yeah it's odd. I have rebuilt mine, and tested out in the garden. And it seems to have gone. No idea, I used some new bits but generally I have no idea.

Hopefully it will stand up to a race meeting!
Old 10-05-2009
Mad Member

Fitted new outdrives to mine last week and running at talywain today with them started having problems with front diff coming loose!

The diff was built exactly the same as i do with the old outdrives, however i found that the first run after building diff it was fine, it was the 2nd run after i had adjusted diff it came loose! This happened a few times, rebuilt diff fine, asjusted it came loose!

But also to add to the issue of the c clip afte the above i basically locked up the diff, no diff balls, no thurst washer and it still came loose!

Although with some calipers comparing the new and old ones, the internal diameter on the female side where thrust washer sits it slightly smaller than the old ones, so i can only suggest that the plates that go round thust washer is binding on the outdrive causing it to loosen the screw!

Paul
Old 23-05-2009

Mine is still fine after a few more runs. No idea why but it was 3rd build lucky...