Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Norfolk Buggy Club

Old 19-11-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default TRACK DAYS

I have done a fair bit and plan to do a fair bit more over the next few weeks. But I agree with JCB (That don't happen much) We could do with a day up there soon. I am happy to hire in a 3T vibro drum roller soon so we could do with getting the track up also there is work needed to the jumps.
If we rebuild the jumps we will need more felt etc, I could sort this...but then we will have to wait longer for the roller as I can't afford both and the club is what is known in banking terms as SKINT. but the rent is paid

So replys to this thred what shall we do 1st and when would be good for us to get up there?

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 20-11-2010
Mad Member

Saturdays are best for me to help out.

Personally I'd get rid of the wooden jumps and roll the track, tidy up the bomb holes and lay out some decent islands so that the track can easily be changed from meeting to meeting. Would make maintenance in the long run easier and without the wooden jumps the track could be more easily changed to.

Then if time and money allows make one or two decent wooden jumps that could be easily moved so that the grass has time to recover and you don't end up with ripply sections forming.

Making a decent layout that features can be added to at a later date is surely better than attempting to make a decent jump and have a randomly bumpy track to race over. Just my thoughts!!

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!
Old 23-11-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

been up there all day today, done loads (see other thred) we still need to sort the jumps. and most of the wood we need is there thanks to carl.

Also I think we will need to leave changing the track untill we can get some new pipe, as I went to move it all today to roll and it was so britel I left it well alone and rolled round it.as if I had pulled it out of the grass it would have gone to peices in my hands. Pipe is on my list of things to get, it's not to bad at around £40ish pe 50mtr roll if i collect, could be worse.

Flask of tea & a rollup
Old 25-11-2010

Thumbs up gr8

im up for a track day, but we need all members to attend, so plan a date n all those who attend n put in d time n effort get reduced race fees or sommit, n those who dont pay normal amount...or sommit, I dont like the idea of removin the wooden jumps, I think if we remove them it will b borin n the base of the jumps r fine, just need 2 re do the tops, we have the wood n a bit of felt to get us started. How about changin the layout n use the ramps, plus build a few new ones. Me n simon can build some, just need a jig saw n power supply. I will bring hammers , nails, screws, etc...Can we use carpet as a temp cover 4 now? What about making them out of dirt n cement mix? we will also need to have a winter layout which cuts off the boggy bits of track eg top of the straight. lets have some dates put forward so we get EVERYONE who's serious about the club there!!!!!
Old 25-11-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

the winter layout is already there mate, we only need to change the tempory markers, there is one at the end of the straight that makes it about 12ft shorter to miss the wet if need be and we are already going around the bomb hole

I agree on the ramps, it's not a big job, as the ramps are attached to the jumps by 2 screws so cut the felt, undo the srews and we are away. they are all sectional as I built them at home then took them up on my trailor also we only want 2 or 3 people as if you have to many it actualy slows things down.I can sort screws hammers drills etc and yes carpet is ok .....so start ripping out your bedroom carpet carl.

lots of people are needed to move the track, but as posted above I don't thinks thats a good plan at the min. but we could do with replacing the orange fence by the bomb hole as it looks naff now, and put some along the end of the rallyx straight, so no one can wander out of the containor an straight into the path of a rallyx at full chat. we have loads of orange fence

Flask of tea & a rollup
Old 25-11-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Few photos of the new bit, the corner is usable, but the bomb hole still needs some work, But you can use the corner without using the bomb hole. I couldn't get the roller in there, it was raining and I was scared if I went in I would never come out as road rollers are a little short on grip
Attached Images
File Type: jpg zzz1 154.jpg (93.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg zzz1 156.jpg (84.9 KB, 7 views)

Flask of tea & a rollup