Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > YORCC - York

Old 02-05-2009
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col
Unhappy York club to close?

Well, the title is a little dramatic, but that's the potential at the moment!
Due to problems that the school are having/have had with health and safety, the school is having to end it's saturday night contract with the club as of the end of this month.
So, we are looking for potential new venues (amongst other things)
If anyone has any ideas for a new indoor venue, please find out as much info as possible and post here (or PM me) and I will forward all relevant info to the club officials.
So, just to recap the good bits... we're still racing on sat nights of the 16th, 23rd and finally the 30th. See you there!

EDIT: sat 30th is school holidays, so the final meeting will we on sat 23rd. Doors open at 6.00
Old 03-05-2009

Default Technicalities

I was at the meeting, from what i heard the problem is that they haven't got a care taker there to take responsibility if anything goes wrong, because he is ill at the moment...Does this mean that it is ok when he comes back??? Surely he can’t be ill all through the summer break for next season can he, or do you think that the health and safety people are using that just as an excuse…I do…
Old 03-05-2009
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

The way I understand it is that there are 2 caretakers, and due to an R/C unrelated accident one is on long term sick. This got the health and safety called in who went through all the schools activities and decided that no-one could use the school unsupervised. The caretakers are only looking after the school monday to friday, so there is no-one to supervise us on a saturday night. The amount of time the sick guy is on the sick is not relevant uness he wants to spend every saturday night unpaid watching toy cars drive round
Old 03-05-2009

could the the club not pay him? or would that not be a viable option?
Old 04-05-2009

lend a caretaker a car n get them hooked on the hobby! that way you wouldnt need to pay. but on a more serious note it a shame your in this situation. yorcc is a fantastic club and one thing i really miss about yorkshire i hope you find a new venue or are able to resolve this problem with health and safety
Diementia would like to invite you to vote for us on Total Biker FM here : http://lnk.ms/TPsV9 and share this link. Please also share this link.Thankyou for your support \m/ www.reverbnation.com/diementia
Old 04-05-2009

Hi Col

Is there any viability of using Oaklands School in Acomb again? (I think thats the name as its been a while since i was there), The same school York used to race at when i went regularly?
I know you raced there a couple of years ago & even held a Regional when Huntingdon was shut for building work.
It may not be as good as where you are now but I remember we used to have a decent turn out & the track/hall was a decent enough size.

Or what about the other sports centre in Acomb? I forget the name but 15 years ago (or so) York used to race there(not far from Oaklands as well). If memory serves they moved due to cost, but it might be an option.

Barry