Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > News

Old 06-10-2010
Administrator

Default Team Durango - UK Winter Series

Team Durango are pleased to announce that we will be hosting our inaugural indoor, off-road winter race series at the Ardent Raceway, Donington, England.
Ardent Raceway are already one of the UKs premier indoor on-road racing venues. The facilities and professionalism of the staff are excellent, which is why Team Durango have chosen the venue for our first ever off-road series. Ardent Raceway have also been chosen as the hosts for next year’s prestigious PetitRC race on the 15th and 16th January, which will see many World-class drivers competing in an always well attended, high-class, event.

The dates for the Team Durango Winter series:

Round 1 – October 31st 2010

Round 2 – November 28th 2010

Round 3 – December 19th 2010

Round 4 – February 27th 2011

Round 5 – March 20th 2011

(The best three rounds will count towards the Title. Each round will consist of three qualifying rounds and three finals, with the best two finals added together to determine overall positions.)
For each of the five rounds the Ardent Raceway team will be converting the Raceway into a 480sq.mtr off-road multi-surface buggy track. They will paint a track layout on the wooden floor and mix-in grit to give a bit of grip in areas, then lay a combination of astroturf and carpet with smooth wooden jumps to simulate jumps seen on outdoor tracks, which means four different types of surface on one track. This will be a real test of drivers’ skill.
The track will be available from 14:00 on the Saturday before each round for practice and will cost £5 for four hours, and the track will remain open until 22:00.

Who is racing?
Adam Skelding (UK Team Manager for Team Durango), Nathan Waters (Winner of the 4WD 2010 oOple Invernational) and other Team Durango UK drivers will be racing at this series. They will all be available to help and answer any set-up questions you may have about your Team Durango DEX410 or DEX410R.

Controlled Tyres:
The controlled Tyres for the event will be dBoots Terrabyte and Schumacher Mini Pin. Both types of tyre will be available to buy from the on-site Ardent Raceway shop.

Single class entry (2WD, 4WD or Sort Course):Click Here

Multiple class entry (2WD / 4WD / Short Course):Click Here

End of series raffle:
For each round you enter you will be given a raffle ticket for an end-of-series grand prize draw.
Prizes include: High speed passenger rides in the Kick Energy Rally Cars, free drinks, VIP access to the Kick Energy Rally Show at Chatsworth 2011, Hot air balloon rides (Weather Permitting), dBoots tyres and a Team Durango DEX410R kit!

Winners of all formulas get VIP tickets to the Kick Energy Rally Show at Chatsworth 2011.

There will also be extra raffle tickets for Fastest Laps, Winners, Best Marshals. Concourse Prizes and more!!
It’s going to be an awesome event, so book early to avoid disappointment.
Old 06-10-2010

Eh,

All i want to do is book in.......... I dont want to order anything

I'm tired and want it to be made simple. Is it saying that its fully booked for the first one or something.
Old 06-10-2010

This is easier :-)

http://www.ardentracing.com/teamdura...es/booking.php
Old 06-10-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

sounds good!! wil there be track pics beforehand please?
Old 06-10-2010

Hi Griff55,

The track is in constant use until the Friday before so we won't have picks of the track in it's completed form as it will be constructed Friday from 22:00 until 13:00 on Saturday (Hopefully earlier), but we should have a drawing and some pics of the ramps as they are being constructed beforehand. We are using the previous Petit RC events such as the last Paris event as inspiration. 15% big jumps, 45% touring car sections 40% small bumps and multi surface ranging from Carpet, OSB boards, Fibre board slippy side up and rough side up. 30m carpet straight in front of rostrum and a wall of death. Ramps will be smooth gradients and we will have a good size crossover. You will be able to practice from 13:00 on Saturday but feel free to turn up earlier in case we have done it a bit quicker than we expected or if you want to give us a hand in return for free practice.

Hope that helps :-)
Old 07-10-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I must say I'm really looking forward to this (and as a rule I don't like carpet racing!).

What time will it be possible to practice till on the Saturday, I work till at least 13:00 then it's a good 2 hour+ drive to get there.

Can you recomend any cheap b&bs / hotels if I were to come and practice on the Saturday?
Old 31-10-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

How was it, who won? Pics and video?
Old 31-10-2010
Mad Member

Umm robo came third in 4wd! thats all i really remember of the A :P i won the D, go me! Great days racing, cant wait to go to the next one. Dont know where the raffle tickets were that we were all told about though, did i miss something??
Old 31-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceMike View Post
Umm robo came third in 4wd! thats all i really remember of the A :P i won the D, go me! Great days racing, cant wait to go to the next one. Dont know where the raffle tickets were that we were all told about though, did i miss something??
oh bugger! What a day!! Computer packed up and I forgot to hand out the raffle tickets! Nobody mentioned it, not once, otherwise it would have made me realise. Draw is at the end of the series, so will give those today at round 2 or the next round you come to the raceway.

Sorry peeps. Results are going up now at www.ardentracing.com/raceway/results.php
Old 31-10-2010

had a great day's racing and my son enjoyed it to , i did wounder about raffle
lol

Last edited by LRP; 31-10-2010 at 08:52 PM. Reason: a
Old 31-10-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via Skype™ to simoncrabb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyscott View Post
How was it, who won? Pics and video?
Patience Mikey, it was still going when you posted!

Ace weekend, thanks to the Ardent crew for the great venue. And thanks to the Durango boys for putting up with me :-)

My report and photos are here:

http://rclazy.com/2010/10/31/team-du...eway-race-day/
Old 31-10-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by simoncrabb View Post
Patience Mikey, it was still going when you posted!

Ace weekend, thanks to the Ardent crew for the great venue. And thanks to the Durango boys for putting up with me :-)

My report and photos are here:

http://rclazy.com/2010/10/31/team-du...eway-race-day/
Good stuff mate
Old 01-11-2010

Smile

Good weekend at first wasnt to kean on the track but it kinda grew on me ... well done to the ardent lot for organisings a good days racing

Ash

KYOSHO

KYOSHO - TEAM ORION POWERED - NOVAROSSI - CUSTOM BLITZ
Old 01-11-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

What can I say, fantastic weekend for me and can't wait to get back for the next one........ Yes, you read that right ... Mr "carpet racing is rubbish compared with ‘proper’ off-road" Mills saying he really enjoyed the track! Actually not just the track but the venue, Sarah even said she enjoyed being there ... on our anniversary as well!

So glad that table top / crossover monster was removed as I could only see it resulting in lots of marshalling problems as there was no "safe option" if you arrived there to find a marshal's head in the way of the landing!

A Perspex top or similar would have sorted that out, make the landing (and take off??) ramp shallower and thus longer and I am sure it would be good to drive.

Well done to all those involved though, track worked well in my opinion with a few "risk-n-reward" sections and the rest flowing quite well.
For a first attempt at a buggy track I think they deserve a lot of praise, better than many established indoor buggy clubs put on in my opinion.

If I may make a small observation of an opportunity for improvement it is the corner markings on some sections. There was a lot of tape on the carpet and some of it meant it was hard to judge where the track markings finished and the tape began, especially as the light dimmed late on. A bit of red marking tape on the apexes would have prevented that. Just a standard on-going personal gripe for indoor tracks as my eyes get older

Not sure they will want us back though after the amount of carpet fluff we created.... is there any thread left on that carpet?