Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > News

Old 22-12-2010

Durango.
Old 22-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

What a good choice I may add!

I would love to see him at a 10th National and see how he gets on.

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 23-12-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotussmart View Post
You will be able to practice Thursday and Friday before the Petit for just£10. It won't be the exact same layout but the surfaces will be the same.
Hi John
Can you confirm the practice times please.
Is is till late on the Friday evening?
Thanks
Old 23-12-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by telboy View Post
There were still 10 heats, although not full heats, but it stretched the day a bit more.

I only had a couple of 'glitching' incidents worse round was R3 and then had 3 glitches in R4. Wether it was because there were less people there or what I dont know. But the only thing I changed for this round was the servo. Changed from KO to Savox. Strange if that was the problem after all.
Right then!

Dont know if this will help but i had glitching problems aswell. Tried changing all sorts but in the end i put my KO 40 Mhz module back in my KO universe and not a problem for the rest of my running at Ardent. I thought it was a problem with the Spektrum module but now im thinking it was just Ardent??

Strange!!
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 24-12-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeTony View Post
Hi John
Can you confirm the practice times please.
Is is till late on the Friday evening?
Thanks
Hey up Tony,

Like I said in the Kyosho section, I'd hold my horses on practice thursday and friday. Nicolas is not keen on that idea.
Old 24-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

If it's not the same track, or even using the same combination of features then I don't see the harm in it personally.

I can understand why he wouldn't want people to be running the same corners or even the tricky features especially any combination jumps though.

Ardent is a slightly strange surface. The carpet seems to vary in grip around the lap so a chance for people to get used to the grip level, especially those who have travelled from far away, might just help them enjoy the event.

For example the main reason I intend to never walk through the doors of Worksop again is that there is a MASSIVE 'home advantage' there, it's like nowhere else grip wise so unless you can go there regularly enough to experiment your at such a huge disadvantage you might as well not go at all. Although Ardent isn't as bad as that it's certainly not your typical monster grip traction roll fest carpet track .... and all the better for it in my opinion!

Might be a few frowny faces from people who have booked extra nights in hotels and days off work on the promise of track time if it doesn't happen too.

Just my 2ps worth
Old 24-12-2010
Mad Member

What the heck are you talking about? There can't be a "home advantage" when there aren't any club races! The biggest home advantage I've ever seen were at tracks like RHR, EPR or Stottfold, are you saying you're never going there again?

As for practice at Ardent, I'd love to get as much as possible, but Nicolas is concerned about damaging the carpet so it might or might not happen. In any case do not expect any running friday afternoon as that's probably when the track will be built.
Old 24-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Maybe 'home advantage' is the wrong wording, perhaps 'familarity adavantage' is better ... maybe.

Is it Nicolas's carpet thats used then?
Old 24-12-2010
#1 ZX5 fan

Never any practice at maritime and look how good that was.

Nortech is ACE!
Old 24-12-2010
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerM View Post
For example the main reason I intend to never walk through the doors of Worksop again is that there is a MASSIVE 'home advantage' there, it's like nowhere else grip wise....
Batley at Chadderton?

G
Old 24-12-2010

I wouldnt say theres any advantage to locals at Worksop at all, its a completely different track layout every meeting and like Fabs said, theres no club meetings ever held there.

If your saying the advantage is having experience racing on the type of surface there, then you could say that about all tracks and you'd never race anywhere! lol.
Old 24-12-2010
Mad Member

I just hope it's bit better surface than other weekend was so unprediactable with the cold was crazy!!!

I've booked time off etc to practice Thursday & Friday so that would be two days loss of holidays if they change this. Bet some other ppl are in the same boat also paid for hotel to come earlier to run?

Kyosho MP9 TKI2
Team Orion CRF US edition & Team Orion CRF Alpha 5port
Kyosho ZX-5 FS2
Kyosho RB5 SP2
LRP SXX TC & Brushless X12
Speed Passion
Old 01-02-2011

Team Durango Results - Join us for Round 4 on 27th February, track surface will be our new blue carpet that we bought for the PetitRC.

Track open for buggy practice as normal on Saturday from 13:00 until 22:00 to anyone, not just those competing the following day.

Doors then open Sunday at 07:30, practice until 08:45, first race at 09:00. Format will be 4 round by round, best 2 to count, then 1 final for all. More details and results on our series website. http://www.ardentracing.com/teamdura...ries/index.php

Old 16-02-2011

New ramps planned for next weekend, blue PetitRC carpet will be used again :-) Hope you will join us!! To pre-book email sales@ardentracing.com or we can book you in on the day. Doors open 07:30, racing will start at 09:00 and finish around 17:00. Format will be 4 RBR qualifying (best 2 to count), and 1 final for all drivers. Full English Breakfasts will be on the menu! ;-)
Old 21-02-2011

Come and join us this Sunday at the penultimate round of the Team Durango series. AND our 1 year anniversary celebrations. Plenty of spaces left, email sales@ardentracing.com with your booking in details.

Doors open Sunday 27th 07:30, racing starts around 09:00 finishing around 17:00. 1/10th electric 2wd and 4wd and Shortcourse trucks.

Saturday the track is available for open practice as always from 13:00 until 22:00. cost £10 for the entire day or £5 for 4 hours, but don't break your cars before the big race meeting!! Doors on Saturday will be open at 11:00 so feel free to come and settle yourselves into your pit spaces and work on your cars, and IF the track is ready earlier you can get some more practice in :-)

For more details about the event and to view the leader boards visit www.ardentracing.com/teamdurangowinterseries

All the best, John. (some guy)
Old 21-02-2011
oOple Advertiser

I'm there! :-) but my names not on the list on the web site?

--SMD--INSIDE LINE MODELS--PR RACING UK--

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79696

Last edited by john333; 21-02-2011 at 11:34 AM. Reason: extra bit added
Old 21-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by john333 View Post
I'm there! :-) but my names not on the list on the web site?
That's me being a dip stick, that page was from way before the first round so was out of date, I have taken it off now to save confusion. :-) Thanks for pointing it out to me.

John.
Old 21-02-2011

Come and join us this Sunday at the penultimate round of the Team Durango series. AND our 1 year anniversary celebrations. Plenty of spaces left, email sales@ardentracing.com with your booking in details.

Doors open Sunday 27th 07:30, racing starts around 09:00 finishing around 17:00. 1/10th electric 2wd and 4wd and Shortcourse trucks.

Saturday the track is available for open practice as always from 13:00 until 22:00. cost £10 for the entire day or £5 for 4 hours, but don't break your cars before the big race meeting!! Doors on Saturday will be open at 11:00 so feel free to come and settle yourselves into your pit spaces and work on your cars, and IF the track is ready earlier you can get some more practice in :-)

For more details about the event and to view the leader boards visit www.ardentracing.com/teamdurangowinterseries

All the best, John. (some guy)
Old 07-03-2011

Team Durango Results - Join us for the LAST Round on 20th March, track surface will be same as the Petit RC and Round 4.

Track open for buggy practice as normal on Saturday from 13:00 until 22:00 to anyone, not just those competing the following day.

Doors then open Sunday at 07:30, practice until 08:45, first race at 09:00. Format will be 4 round by round, best 2 to count, then 1 final for all. More details and results on our series website. http://www.ardentracing.com/teamdura...ries/index.php

Hope you can join us, email sales@ardentracing.com if you haven't raced yet and want to join in.
Old 07-03-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Hello, top ten in both, another attendance cup for me maybe!!