Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid South

Old 10-06-2009

Default 2009 4wd Round 2 rescheduled

Round 2 was cancelled due to bad weather - it has now been rescheduled for Sunday 5th July. Please make a note of this new date in your diaries.

* Update (12-Jun-2009) *

Keith Wardle has informed me that the rescheduled regional meeting has now been cancelled. If people would still like to race at Stotfold on the 5th July there should be a club meeting as usual.
Old 10-06-2009
Mad Member

Assuming this is a regional meeting then this is slightly confusing, as the Mid-West recently cancelled a round of our 2wd championship due to bad weather.
In such circumstances, the BRCA rules state, a rescheduled date should NOT be offered and the championship by one round, therefore the number of counting rounds.

Might be worth clarifying the above.
Old 10-06-2009
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
Round 2 was cancelled due to bad weather - it has now been rescheduled for Sunday 5th July. Please make a note of this new date in your diaries.
I have amended the date on the booking in site, anyone wishing to "withdraw" their original entry just reply to the confirmation email that was entry out to you.

Phil, rule or no rule, if the club can re-run it it has to be better than no meeting at all and the vast majority of racers on the day (more than 60/40 ish) did vote for a re-run if possible. Good practise at Stotfold for everyone doing the national later in the calendar and a full 4 rounds for the Mid South guys in 4wd this year too. Maybe an example where common sense may have to overide the rule book...
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 11-06-2009
Mad Member

Whilst I don't disagree with running a race meeting being better than missing out (in fact totally agree), but I'd just be a little concerned should anyone raise this rule at the end of the season.

Should it be that someone had planned on only running the minimum number of rounds (3 in this case) and the Stotfold 4wd was one of them. Now the meeting has been rescheduled they may not be able to make it and this effectively excludes their chance of becoming Regional champion.
Old 11-06-2009
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by _sleigh_ View Post
Should it be that someone had planned on only running the minimum number of rounds (3 in this case) and the Stotfold 4wd was one of them. Now the meeting has been rescheduled they may not be able to make it and this effectively excludes their chance of becoming Regional champion.
True, true, if they do moan we do have the process of breaking their legs to consider.....
Old 11-06-2009
oOple Advertiser

Darren - May I make a sudjest that a solution is found to the following....
When the meeting was cancelled you may recall that then it was also decided that a lower counting score would decide. i.e normally 3 from 4 but now would be 2 from 3.
I am sure that was said and would also be the normal scenario.
Assuming that someone like myself (and I stress this as an example putting myself on the front line) couldn't do more than 3 of the dates from the original calendar and lets say cannot do the re-scheduled date - then what? Can't qualify for anything, no end of season and even if it was possible to get at those meetings, may say no as would be in such a low heat that achieving goals would be difficult as we all know can be.

As a suggestion, can the re-scheduled meeting still happen but only 2 from 4 to count.
I am trying to eliminate the scenario for some and any possible arguments......
Regards Tony Evdoka
Old 11-06-2009
Mad Member

same for me, couldnt make swindon, not sure if i can make the 5th July yet, so my only rounds would be Newbury and Silverstone!
Old 11-06-2009
oOple Advertiser

In addition to my comments and before this escalates any further.......
Rule 19.3 does not allow a cancelled Regional event to be rescheduled.........
I understand your reasons Darren but the BRCA rules state different and after all we do race to BRCA rules

May I also suggest Darren (as you normally have good ideas about the sport)..... see if you can figure out a better way in this unfortunate scenario and suggest it to the BRCA as a rule change.
I have no doubt in my mind that if it's a better suggestion the BRCA will change the rule as they do thrive to make the sport better for us all

Regards once more Tony Evdoka
Old 12-06-2009
oOple Advertiser

Deleted my post since it is irrelevant now, interferring officials and racers have "cancelled" the meeting, it seems common sense does not exist when 2 from 4 could of been applied, great promotion of our sport guys!!!!

Enjoy the rest of the rounds, I hope it does not rain for you all and make it 1 from 2................

Last edited by Darren Boyle; 12-06-2009 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Post was irelavent -meeting has now been cancelled
Old 12-06-2009

The first post has been amended - please read.

Thanks.
Old 12-06-2009

It's a shame it's been cancelled, i'm sure we could have run a 2 from 4 situation and use a similar tie-breaker ruling as per the mid-west region to clear any potential confusion...
Old 12-06-2009
Mad Member

Do we have a reason why it has been cancelled?

I for one didnt want the meeting cancelled, i just was unsure if i could make it!

2 from 4 would of worked fine!

Paul
Old 12-06-2009
oOple Advertiser

Becasue someone has complained to PW and he has stepped in and told the club the meeting cannot run.

The BRCA have "told" a club to cancel a race meeting they are prepared to run and that 40+ racers "want" to race at....absolutley crazy !!!
Old 12-06-2009
Mad Member

whats the point in having a rule book if its not adhered too?

B4FT-NOSRAM EVO-KO2123-SPASHETT 10x2

http://s343.photobucket.com/albums/o...-rugby-new.gif
Old 12-06-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Just run it anyway as a normal meeting or something - as you say it's practise for the national at least, i understand both sides on this but at least if people really want to race they still can.
Old 12-06-2009
Mad Member

I agree with the rules as they are already there.... would have liked to have run the meeting again.. so bit gutted there.

But, must say.... those that wanted the meeting cancelled are to blame im afraid!!! (Origional that is)

No use moaning now as it will be 2 from 3 so should still see good number qualify.
Old 12-06-2009
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by losixxx View Post
whats the point in having a rule book if its not adhered too?
Becasue there was an alternative option that would allow us all still to race without affecting anyone, and the particular ruling in question is not clear cut and decisive.

In anyones eyes racing has to be better than being forced not too, I thought we were looking to increase the hobby/sport not try to put people off...

Just my 2p worth
Old 12-06-2009
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenner View Post
But, must say.... those that wanted the meeting cancelled are to blame im afraid!!! (Origional that is)
They voted to cancel and re-run at a later date not just to cancel though. Lets be fair as the vote was taking place the sky was still absolutley tipping it down too......
Old 12-06-2009
Mad Member

Should always have faith Darren!!

Anyway... It's over now. 2 out of 3 so it is still wide open for the regional championship!!
Old 12-06-2009
oOple Advertiser

If you had asked me to bet that the rain we had was going to stop I would of probably put my house against it, shows what I know about the weather....

I will keep the faith from now on mate