Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid South

Old 05-04-2008

Default T.O.R.C.H Southampton - Portsmouth

http://www.torch-hants.fsnet.co.uk/frame1.htm

Has anyone got any experience of this club?

I use to race quite a bit in the Donisthorpe and Ashby and need an offroad club to get back into it this is the only one I could find on the south coast near me? I don't think the BRCA recognise it.
Old 04-05-2008

I popped along to the TORCH track today to check it out. It does exist and they race every sunday (weather permitting). There was only a small number of people there but all were very helpful and happy to provide advice. I was even offered the use of a spare car to try out the track!

They mainly run 2WD (RC10B4s and Losi XXXs) but 4WD are also welcome and the emphasis is on fun. Maybe you should pop along to check it out for yourself.
Old 03-10-2008

Im heading off there this weekend for my first time spoke on the phone and they seem helpful, being as they are the only permanent off road track down by the seaside, strange the turn out is so low
Old 17-11-2008

I am glad you two found the track I plan to sort it out and pop down with the cat 2000 or sx soon. It was very hard to find a offroad track on the central south coast infact I was almost completely convinenced there wasn't untill I spotted TORCH advert in a model store so I am surprised it is not more popular.
Old 23-01-2009

Wow!! The club that got me into it all - looks quite a bit different, and in a different location probably, after 18 odd years though
Old 23-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yachty View Post
I am glad you two found the track I plan to sort it out and pop down with the cat 2000 or sx soon. It was very hard to find a offroad track on the central south coast infact I was almost completely convinenced there wasn't untill I spotted TORCH advert in a model store so I am surprised it is not more popular.
Yachty, out of interest, what was the name of the model shop? I still visit Fareham every now and then. SRM Racing and CRM Racing are long gone now I guess.......
Old 06-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickentikka25 View Post
what was the name of the model shop?
It was the hobby store not what I would recommend for R/C electric stuff! No sign of Schumacher or Associated :-) Southampton branch is very R/C plane focused and all at full RRP.
Old 31-03-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickentikka25 View Post
Wow!! The club that got me into it all - looks quite a bit different, and in a different location probably, after 18 odd years though
Must of been racing about the same time I was there. I'm about to start again and will be heading to TORCH as I live in Locks Heath