Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround

Old 28-09-2010

Default 06 Seat Leon FR, help please

Basically im going to look at an 06 FR tomorrow and want to know what i need to be looking out for?

its done about 40k and from what ive seen looks like its in good nick.

Cheers in advance

Danny
Old 28-09-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Head over to www.seatcupra.net

Know their stuff and plenty of info on there.
Old 28-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyscott View Post
Head over to www.seatcupra.net

Know their stuff and plenty of info on there.
Before i do that, i should also mention that its the diesel that im going for.
Old 28-09-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny McGee View Post
Before i do that, i should also mention that its the diesel that im going for.
Not a prob, plenty of diesel lot on there too
Old 28-09-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

Danny, I've had mine since Jaunary - and only 1 fault. I had a DPF Pressure sensor fail when it had done about 30k. That was covered under warranty. It's now got 38k on the clock ad had it's first MOT yesterday - all well.

The only really known issue that I've come across is the DPF failure, and as far as I can tell, there is very little warning - it just goes, and is expensive when it does. I think there is a light that comes on to tell you that it's doing a re-gen, and i don't think that's a great sign, but not terminal. So far so good for mine.

There is a lot of info on Seatcupra.net - there is a whole tractor section!

Make sure that it hasn't been tampered with - re-mapped etc, as tempting as that is, it will kill the DPF. To the point that Revo won't provide do the re-map any more to a car that still has a DPF on it. They couldn't stop the DPF on their own test car from failing once they'd mapped it.
Old 28-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattW View Post
Danny, I've had mine since Jaunary - and only 1 fault. I had a DPF Pressure sensor fail when it had done about 30k. That was covered under warranty. It's now got 38k on the clock ad had it's first MOT yesterday - all well.

The only really known issue that I've come across is the DPF failure, and as far as I can tell, there is very little warning - it just goes, and is expensive when it does. I think there is a light that comes on to tell you that it's doing a re-gen, and i don't think that's a great sign, but not terminal. So far so good for mine.

There is a lot of info on Seatcupra.net - there is a whole tractor section!

Make sure that it hasn't been tampered with - re-mapped etc, as tempting as that is, it will kill the DPF. To the point that Revo won't provide do the re-map any more to a car that still has a DPF on it. They couldn't stop the DPF on their own test car from failing once they'd mapped it.
DPF?
Old 28-09-2010
Super Moderator

Diesel Particulate Filter = Diesel CAT
Old 29-09-2010

Coolant temp senders also fail a lot on PD diesels, its under the vacumn pump on side of head, been chaged from green colour to black bout £15.
Most important is to make sure its always had PD oil an not run on supermarket diesel as the high sulpher content in this makes em run poo.
Danny i would allow for an oil change wether it needs it or not, put some millers sport 4 diesel additive in it an give it a good thrash.
Old 29-09-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud31 View Post
Coolant temp senders also fail a lot on PD diesels, its under the vacumn pump on side of head, been chaged from green colour to black bout £15.
Get that on my Fabia VRS occasionally. Let it run for 30 secs, switch off, back on again, and all is well.
Old 29-09-2010

Send a message via MSN to birdy

I had a 55 FR Diesel, must have been built on a Friday afternoon, had loads of problems with it, mainly the injectors first time covered under warranty, next one failed at 60K £850 bill to get it sorted, then the DPF is very annoying.

Never had a car from new that spent over 6 weeks in the Seat garage getting fixed.

Apart from that nice car to drive, has it got the bluetooth option as this I would say is a must, the 18" wheels are also better than the 17".

www.bmrcc.co.uk
Old 29-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I've got an 08 plate FR TDi, and have to say it's been awesome so far! We've only had it since March time but it's not missed a beat yet, it's only done 21k miles so i wouldn't expect any issues but there are at least no annoying rattles or anything...

It certainly goes well for a standard factory Diesel, and still does 40mpg average....

Just check for any lights on the dash, make sure it's got full service history including things like Brake fluid after 2.5 years as that often gets missed out and is only cheap to get done.

Other then the obvious (checking brakes and tyre wear) i can't really think there's anything specific to check on this car, other then the already mentioned DPF issue - All you can really do is look out for any lights on the dash, and maybe if you have the Reg plate, give a Seat dealer a call and ask if they can check what work the car had done under warranty as they should be able to tell you this.
Old 29-09-2010

Whats the best price i can expect to get these fitted? pirelli p zero 225 45 17

I brought a car today and the rear tyres are almost shot. The guy said he'll either take £160 off the price of the car or he would fit the new tyres for me.

Im thinking the latter but want to make sure

Cheers
Old 29-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

As long as he puts P Zero's on i'd let him do it - You'd be looking at around £90 a tyre fitted depending where you go but it's just extra hassle you don't need!

Or second thoughts, take the money off (ask for £200 for the hassle) and put it towards a set of 18's anyway?? I had mine refurbed (powder coated) and they look awesome now, will grab a pic

Old 29-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Goodall View Post
As long as he puts P Zero's on i'd let him do it - You'd be looking at around £90 a tyre fitted depending where you go but it's just extra hassle you don't need!

Or second thoughts, take the money off (ask for £200 for the hassle) and put it towards a set of 18's anyway?? I had mine refurbed (powder coated) and they look awesome now, will grab a pic
My thoughts entirely.

Sorted he's putting them on, cheers for getting back so fast

Picking up a 06 plate, Black, 32K miler on saturday.

Let the fuel saving begin