Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 06-03-2013

Default RC10 Wanted...

hi guys I've always wanted an original RC10(the car was always out of my range) so now I'm looking for a good project.the aim is box art eventualy and to maybe run gently with a very mild brushed set up..so if any of you guys could point me in the right direction...and any suggestions on what to look for.
Would be much appreciated cheers justin.
Old 06-03-2013

Default RC10

I have a few "project" cars that I might be willing to let go depending on what you are after,goldpan or blackpan, stealth or 6 gear, etc
Old 06-03-2013

To be honest I'm not sure.i want a tub not a graphite one.and I know the stealth gearbox is the best out of that and the six gear...ideally I suppose I would like a gold pan six gear model but that's probably the most expensive too..
What would you recommend?
Old 06-03-2013

Have a look here at this great thread - it runs through all the different variants & versions of the RC10 up until the release of the new generation plastic chassis B2. It may give you an idea of which type of RC10 you want to watch out for.

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=13059

Have a look round the rest of the site there is sure some droolworthy machines on there

I have an original Gold Pan RC10 with the narrow front end & 6 gear gearbox - which I am intending to eventually re-build & clean up (even though it looks like it has very little use previously) with basic electrics installed for gentle running. I also have a 'Worlds Car' which was pretty much the last edition of the Ali tubbed RC10s with the Stealth transmission & hard anodised (machined) chassis & shocks - that gearbox is bullet proof (the basic design of which is still used for the B4). I restored the car & raced it with a 6.5 brushless motor in it! That car goes really well & in the few race meetings that I competed in, managed to keep a few of the modern cars honest With these two cars I think I have the best of both RC10 worlds!

You best bet for finding your perfect RC10 is to search on ebay.us.... but i've noticed that prices seemed to have rocketed in recent months :-(
Old 06-03-2013

Default RC10

Hi thanks for the info..all help much needed.ill take a look on there.ive been watching the prices in the us for a while and the prices have gone up.
Cheers Justin
Old 07-03-2013

If you are going to use a brushless system then I would suggest something with a stealth gearbox, for a mild modified or stock brushed setup then the 6 gear will be fine.

After that its really up to you, I'd go for a nice championship or team car, both have the longer front suspension arms and can be had with stealth gearboxes.

I've a black pan team car that I was going to put up for sale. If you are interested let me know and I can send some pictures.
Old 08-03-2013
Mad Member

Just another option, black pan stealth team car with the black shocks:

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthre...810#post753810
Old 08-03-2013

Default Rc10

Hi guys you've both got pm's email address is
Justinfawcett@hotmail.co.uk
Thankyou