Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/8th ELECTRIC Off Road

Old 27-10-2012

Default which 8th electric?

Id like an 8th scale brushless toy and looking around, the inferno seems pretty well priced.

Id consider an inferno VE (race or normal edition) losi 8 brushless conversion DNX408 brushless or a trophy flux. Anyone have any experience of the Kyosho or any of the above? Ive heard that kyosho parts are both a pain to come by and expensive - so kinda negates the cheaper purchase of the car if parts are a pain to come by.

Just looking for general advice really.

ta muchly
Old 28-10-2012

Durango
Built well, parts a reasonably priced ad can be cheaper and can bet ordered straight from durango website

Hpi
Built well again, again parts are reasonably priced and everywhere will have them or can get them super fast

Kyosho
Tough cars, parts can be expensive but are available on the web

Losi
Tough cars and parts a reasonable prices and are available most places
--->Seller Feedback<---
Old 28-10-2012

Default 8th

Bashing or racing?
Old 28-10-2012

predominantly bashing, but with the possibility fo racing (currently race 10th buggy so this will prob be enough for me).

Im either looking at getting something off ebay (trophy flux or inferno) or getting all the components myself and building it from parts i.e buy a roller, then electrics and conversion etc (i.e losi 8 or durango)

Any ideas which is the cheapest way to go?

cheers guys
Old 28-10-2012

Hpi all the way then if its for bashing
--->Seller Feedback<---
Old 28-10-2012

I have been using an X-ray 808e for bashing for 3-4 years and have not broken one single part and that's doing massive jumps at a box track. The car is bulletproof down to little things like the Cvd pins are inside the hub bearings so no more lost pins. I am currently in the middle of fitting a brushless conversion into a vgc team Durango Dnx408 which I will be putting up for sale once done and I have had a go as I have too many cars, if you do get a roller, i recommend the 80amp hobby wing esc from giantshark.com for £60 and the sensored turnigy motor on eBay for £55 bargains, I only want 200 for my vgc brushless dnx408 with new bowtie wheels and tyres, new clear uncut shell, loads of spares and bits to turn back to nitro if you desire, but no electrics, let me know if your interested, the caster fusion is also quite good. My 808e has the mamba monster from castle and that steve neu motor is a work of art, the magnets are so strong it,s hard to turn the pinion, also don,t overdo the motor, 2000kv on 4s is plenty, faster than any nitro i have seen by a long way...lovely.
Old 28-10-2012
Mad Member

If you do go racing the Kyosho will be a great option.
Whether you get the Inferno VE the race spec or even an MP9 E! they are all world champion cars.

Kyosho UK

www.kyoshoeurope.com
Old 30-10-2012

I've been following race results for decades. The common theme is that in the right hands, any top level brand can win races. For durability I give the prize to X-ray and Serpent buggies. Mugen, losi, kyosho come in a 2nd place. I don't have personal experience with durango, HPI or Agama. Ofna is weak parts wise. ALL I have listed could be champs in the right hands.
Old 30-10-2012

Take a look at the TeamC T8e, awesome value for money and a really good handling car straight out of the box with kit setup. I'm not saying the car is perfect, some parts have a bit of slop and flex. However on my local dirt track the car easily holds it own on the stopwatch against more expensive cars.
http://www.area52.cc/reviews/847-ar-...acing-x8e.html
Old 11-11-2012

If I was on a budget TeamC is good. They are like Ofna in quality but better more modern designs.
Old 07-12-2012

is it worth looking at the ready to run options out there or just a bare kit....notice assocciated and HPI do ok looking rtr stuff....i always wanted to do rallycross (8th nitro) but dont know where to start with ic....electric now an option :-)... sorry to hijack post ...i'm looking to get started next season and looking for any advice
Old 07-12-2012

The Losi 8ight is unbreakable, choose rather this one. If you prefer a Kyosho, take the Inferno VE Race Spec because the Inferno VE's chassis bend very quickly !
Old 12-12-2012

OH duratrax's 1/8th has plastics that are bullet prove and guaranteed. Top level tough goes to x-ray, serpent and losi. tower hobbies thru the end of the month has the duratrax Ebuggy for only $200. These sold for $350 easily before. Personally for such a well priced car, it looks sexy.
Old 14-12-2012

Tekno EB48, lightest of all E- Buggies. its no E-conversion but built from ground up. its bulletproof as long as you get the 2nd batch. Get it straight from Tekno site to be sure you get the updated parts.

Bashing-racing, its a good choice, parts are beefy and priced just right , same as high end E buggies.

Support wise are great, not just sure if LHS there carry the brand.

AE RC8.2e is also great, a bit heavy but are bullet proof.

goodluck!!!
Old 14-12-2012

So basically most everyone recommends the car they've picked for themselves Let me chip in and say that the MBX6-eco is the best of them all, handling is superb, durability is unmatched, quality is outstanding (guess which car I run)

good old "which chassis is better" thread Bottom line is -buy what has parts at your LHS and what your friends (bashing or racing) run with

Paul
Old 14-12-2012

I would surpose it depends on what your budget is for the kit as to what car to go for.

I recently picked up a second hand dex408 and I have got to say it is amazing.

Solid built car and really easy to drive.

Also I was able to run my 1/10th battery's in it which was a bonus as I didn't need any special 14.8v packs.

Old 14-12-2012

I've had:

- MBX5R
- 808 (x2)
- JQ the car
- DNX408

MBX5R: most durable but heavy
808: best quality of parts but weak transmission, has been solved on the XB9
JQ the car: most nimble and best steering and traction, average quality but it's a blast to drive
DNX408: easy to drive fast, awesome on astro, excellent on the jumps too, less traction than the JQ

Today I would choose an EB48 because its design is ahead the others..or an eco which has been improved since years

THE eCAR 2WD l MP9 TKI3 l S350 Evo l MP9E TKI l MBX6 Eco USA l 12R5.2 l SP12X l EMB-1H
Old 15-12-2012

Thanks for the help guys but I now have even more options lol

Between trophy buggy/truggy, inferno ve, 808, 408 or losi 8....... I think its going to come down to what pops up at the right price. Any of them seem a reasonable buy to just play with and abuse....
Old 15-12-2012

Default Cars

If your on a budget get the ansmann roller for 180, turnigy sensored track star 2 gunmetal can for £50, hobbywing sensored esc £58 and turnigy 4s lipo for £30
That almost a complete set up for around £300.00 or come and see me when your grant comes. And I might part with my X-ray 808e racer mag review car with castle brushless and orion carbon lipo if you wave some money under my nose, max made me an offer I could not refuse and now owns the best car in norfolk, my 6.5 dex410 bulldog. I might Buy another in the summer and see you at boughton?.
Old 15-12-2012

For a low price I would buy used. It's even better if you know the driver.

THE eCAR 2WD l MP9 TKI3 l S350 Evo l MP9E TKI l MBX6 Eco USA l 12R5.2 l SP12X l EMB-1H