Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 28-12-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I pulled those Yatabe photos down to post here, link back to originals here: http://ameblo.jp/yatabe-arena/entry-11969800208.html

One thing I also noticed was that Yatabe Arena seem to be bagging up Schumacher Tyres to sell in their shop:

These tyres will be a worlds winner...
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by neallewis; 28-12-2014 at 01:42 AM.
Old 28-12-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Looks like Shin is now testing the YZ-2 on dirt:

...from his Facebook Page.

Rear mounted shocks. previous images showed front mounted rear shocks.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by neallewis; 29-12-2014 at 09:43 AM.
Old 28-12-2014
Mad Member

According to Mishima-san's blog he will be heading to RC Champ on Monday as part two of the YZ-2 pre-release introduction tour.
Google translation:
Quote:
Two days of December 27th and the 29th, the new 2WD off-road soon be on sale "YZ-2". The traveling is your chance to be seen up close!

Publish traveling Adachi Nobuyukikai players, which is also a development driver of YZ-2 at Yatabe Arena and Champ Sagamihara shop. You can see up close the high running performance of the ultra-low center of gravity chassis. Of course, I will pick up the chassis, and will answer to detailed commentary and questions. Not only questions about the chassis, so you do well as driving advice, please come by all means in circuit!
Old 28-12-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
Shin, Naoto and Lee all seemed to run low profile cut staggers on uncut rims since last trip out (for Lee) in Oct. I recall seeing photos of their cars then.

Thanks for the info! Maybe it is worth a try...
Old 28-12-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mes View Post
Thanks for the info! Maybe it is worth a try...
Yes for astro i think so. A wider front wheel is safer, plus the curved tyre should be less aggressive. I'll try it at RHR in the new year.
Old 28-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
Yet more springs with unknown rates! My spring rate tester is on order...

They will be x-gear, just some newer rates. The old ones (YAS) are listed as options.

Yup explode looks great, car will be excellent.
From what I've heard...those new springs YS are specific for YZ2...the other one YAS are more common for astro/carpet.
Old 28-12-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastos View Post
From what I've heard...those new springs YS are specific for YZ2...the other one YAS are more common for astro/carpet.
We'll see I guess. The YS coil size looks a little bigger to my eyes, but YAS (and older Yok, and AE) will all fit however.
Another new range of springs to get...
Old 29-12-2014
Mad Member

The order sheet mentions both cars, butb as it seems, they are optimized for the lower CoG of the YZ-2.

By the way, here is something to read.
Old 29-12-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
The order sheet mentions both cars, butb as it seems, they are optimized for the lower CoG of the YZ-2.

By the way, here is something to read.
Manual, nice.
Old 29-12-2014

Going by the latest pictures, are we to assume (as I've heard various disagreements on this), that shocks to the front of the wishbone for high grip and shocks to the rear for low? The reason I say this as that Shin's picture has them on the rear for his clay testing.

I've seen so much conflicting info on this. I will try them both. My first meeting with the car is going to be on 50/50 polished wood and carpet. Trying to decide whether to build it with shocks on the rear to start.

I had an XB4-2WD before and the car was far more stable with shocks on the rear. On low grip the car was undrivable with shocks to the front.
Hobbywing
Mark One Designs

Last edited by Allan1875; 29-12-2014 at 12:22 PM.
Old 29-12-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Yes Allan, I'll probably build it shocks rear for starters, gven the similar low traction tracks i run on indoors. by the looks of it, its an easy task to swap them, just needing a second wing and a strip cut off the body. i suspect the body will fit either ok when cut.

the Bmax 2 car has the shocks rear mounted. on the KF, the high grip kit came with forward mounted shocks, and rhe first thing i was told to do by team drivers was to move them to the rear, even on high traction. sure different chassis, but clearly the shock position has a big influence on handling.
Old 29-12-2014
Mad Member

http://ameblo.jp/mishi0325/
I guess that's what we are all waiting for:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg box.jpg (13.9 KB, 59 views)
Old 29-12-2014

Quote:
http://ameblo.jp/mishi0325/
I guess that's what we are all waiting for:
My christmas is when that bad boy arrives. Can't wait to race it .
Hobbywing
Mark One Designs
Old 29-12-2014

I paid up for one of these the other day too, looks a cracking car, though not driven a buggy since the start of the 2wd mid motor car, can't wait.

I know these havnt been run yet but what's likely to be the battery configuration for low grip indoors, the likes of York probably

Spares are relatively cheap too, mb models have started listing them, though obviously not in stock yet
Old 29-12-2014
Mad Member

On low grip indoor tracks I'd first go for both shocks and shorty to the rear, and maybe try a saddle pack later on.
Old 29-12-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

based on my experience with the old car, I'll be running saddles in low traction first. I've got shorties, but didn't like the old car with them in on tracks like York.
Old 29-12-2014

Cheers guys, got a couple of old saddles I could try, maybe pick up one shorty for now, for now I don't want to spend a fortune on batteries then find I don't use them

Another question I see listed standard ft wishbones and gullwing wishbones and matching ft shock tower, what's difference do these 2 options make on track?
Old 29-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas1 View Post
Cheers guys, got a couple of old saddles I could try, maybe pick up one shorty for now, for now I don't want to spend a fortune on batteries then find I don't use them

Another question I see listed standard ft wishbones and gullwing wishbones and matching ft shock tower, what's difference do these 2 options make on track?
I will be going for shocks to the rear + saddles to start with on low grip but I will also be testing with the shorty to the rear.
Hobbywing
Mark One Designs
Old 29-12-2014
Mad Member

As it seems, steering is smoother with flat arms. All B5M drivers I talked to preferred the flat B5 (RM) arms in their cars. I'll compare the gullwing and standard set-up in my newly converted T4 in mid-January, but possibly there will be feedback on the YZ-2 parts before that.
Old 29-12-2014
Mad Member

I found the complete opposite on the current car. I preferred the shorty on slippy surfaces.

Each to their own.
Reedy

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63097