Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > KYOSHO

Old 28-01-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislong View Post
Im liking the idea, more so with the fact you may be aswell.
Well I'm coming back to the RB5. I like the car last time I ran it, but had to get rid of a car to buy cells.
But now with the uncertanty of the 'chosen' 2wd i should be running, I'm going to go back to the RB5.

I'd like to ask everyone that runs them....

I had one when they first came out, and there weren't many around with people doing set ups on them. What differences do people run now set up wise?
Back in the day, there was woody's tip of turning the forward rear block upside down, and putting weight in the front.Also the Atomic shock mounts.
But what has changed set up wise?

Alsohas the gritty diff been sorted? Mine used to let dirt in realy easy, and Id have to re-build it every meeting, if not more often.
Old 28-01-2009
Lee-Mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northy View Post
I was going to run an X-6 but someone backed out of a deal

G
Some one was being a minge

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 28-01-2009
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Some one was being a minge
Someone doesn't reply to texts

G
Old 28-01-2009
Lee-Mag

You wouldn't have paid what i got anyway

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 28-01-2009
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post

You wouldn't have paid what i got anyway
I might have done

G
Old 28-01-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Now now girls, put the handbags away.
Old 28-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerM View Post
What happens if you don't have a local shop to help you???? Hell I don't even think we have a shop in the west mids region that will be going to off-road meetings this year .... not even just as a racer!!!!

Any advice there Karl?

ok, simple really, just appraoch the shop who you spend your hard earned cash with and drop them an email with your basic info, where you race, results, classes of racing etc and they will pass them on to us at Kyosho so we can decide.

If you need any more help just ask.

We really just want good guys, who help others, enjoy racing and can keep the communication with us if things go wrong so we can improve. Maybe if you can win nationals too, it will imporve your chances... LOL

If we can increase our market share with all you guys help, I think it will all fall into place.....just be patient as Kyosho have been good for many years, and will be for many more.

Kyosho owning Orion sends a very strong message out as to there intentions towards racing and image, and with Novarossi, Sirio for Engines, Kyosho UK is making lots of posative progress into the market. Lots to do really, just hang in there.........

Hope this helps

Regards
Karl Marsden
Old 28-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by telboy View Post
Now now girls, put the handbags away.

have you hooked a ride up Tel? If not you know where I am dude

Karlos
Old 28-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSharpy View Post
Karl, I'll be using my RB on Sunday but my Bro is running 4wd and said your welcome to use his if you fancy it. Doors open at 9, so not to much of a early start. Drop me a line if you want me to sort it and book you in. Will set it up the same as mine so no excuses when I kick your ass..

In regards of Tebo & the UK lads, its fantastic to have a world class driver on board and have no doubt he will bring the K cars full potential to peoples attension but its the UK that matters and if little old me can win the odd regional or Stu can go out and make a few A's at Nationals I beleive this will have equal effect on where it matters most for you guys at Kyosho UK here in the UK!

Personaly I like the way Kyosho operate with drivers supporting their local shops and its great to see good drivers like Chris and Northy vesting an interest in the RB5.

Cheers Rich, leave it with me then....that's what Kyosho is all about, going racing without owning anything and then taking off at the end off the day with no car to prep or clean.....perfect! That what it takes to be in the K Team just so you all know.....Reminds me of Jamie in the old days LOL

Only messing Rich, much appreciated so will get back to you, we have the RB5 just back in stock so will finally get round to building one soon.

Cheers
Karlos
Old 28-01-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Marsden View Post
have you hooked a ride up Tel? If not you know where I am dude

Karlos

Hi Karl,
You should have an e-mail.
Old 28-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez View Post
sold 2 rb5s in last week,unfortunately 1 was mikes in wigan and other belonged to darren at dms.looks like new pricing will put many people off.as for shop drives,anybody in my region[ne,nw]give us a shout.tried 3 top drivers end of last year,all turned me down.maybe i am not 1 of the big hitters in r/c sales but i do try and support guys trackside wherever possible.many thanks jez.

Hi Jez,

Hope you are well, the price increase is not easy given the current climate, but we priced our kits the day before the new year, so we are as up to date as we can be with our price.

I expect to see more increases on the way from other distributors as there early change/increase was before we lost another 15-20% on the rate.

Everything will balance out over time, and we are working hard to keep it as lean as we can.

I understand all Kyosho race cars are designed and made in Japan, so cost for material and labour is more expensive. Maybe long term Kyosho may look at moving production to other countries, but to be honest, they will not take the risk unless 110% confident in the outcome.

If the latest 4wd cars are around £350 now, you will see all 2wd kits moving up, either now or when the new model comes along.

Keep in touch
Regards

Karl
Old 28-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by telboy View Post
Hi Karl,
You should have an e-mail.

Cool, will be on work email tomorrow mate, just chillin with Stella at the mo....don't tell the misus

Karlos
Old 28-01-2009
oOple Advertiser

Karl, who is this Stella??? LOL How you doing mate??

We have sold 3 of our 4 RB5's this week due to them being kept at the older pricing (and have been out of Lazer's since before Chrimbo) but as has been said already, the new price IS going to ruin a lot of the good work you guys are doing for Kyosho.

A read with interest all that has been said in this section and many things like the tie-up with Orion, the quality of Kyosho are all 100% true but while the Japanese Yen is kicking us all firmly in balls none of us are going to sell Jack Sh*@.

I priced the RB5 out with Mike yesterday (as well as many. mnay other kits), and it is going to sit up around £255-280 now, which is just waaaayyyy of the mark, even "IF" the likes of the B4 FT go up by "another" 20% (as you predict, from what it has already risen by,) it will still only sell in the shops for around £205!!!

Our new X-Factory X6 Squared comes out in the next 10/14 days and even with prices increses the conversion is still going to be reasonably priced (around £140/145 street price) even with the US $ trading today at around 1.28 or below.

I really do think that tough times in the economy or not that if Mr FDL (Christophe) and Mr Kyosho want you guys to do some sensible numbers here in the UK during these bleak times then they are going to "HAVE" to sort out some better pricing whilst the economy is on its backside. It is all well and good stating they have to make a profit but 10% on a few is far better than 30% on bugger all!!!!!

Go and pull some strings Mr.Marsden.....

Take care, catch up with you soon, Darren
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 30-01-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Tough times in the economy really do suck, we just have to ride it out.

But at a time when we're all gloomy and blue, RC racing is at its most enjoyable, and for me is probably the best form of escapism from the blues that I have. So although I do need to watch the £££ (announced redundancies this week, don't know if im safe yet ), I won't be cutting back on racing until I really have no choice to - its the only thing keeping me sane right now. I hope others think alike?

Chris
Old 30-01-2009
oOple Advertiser

Chris, thankfully much of what you say is quite true mate, for most people the last thing to go is the hobby for reasons you outlayed, plus with our £ so flat many foreign racers buy from the UK too so its not all doom and gloom. Lets just all hope the Yen backs down a bit so we can sell soem real numbers of stuff from the land of the rising sun......
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 31-01-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislong View Post
Tough times in the economy really do suck, we just have to ride it out.

But at a time when we're all gloomy and blue, RC racing is at its most enjoyable, and for me is probably the best form of escapism from the blues that I have. So although I do need to watch the £££ (announced redundancies this week, don't know if im safe yet ), I won't be cutting back on racing until I really have no choice to - its the only thing keeping me sane right now. I hope others think alike?

Chris
same here

paul

Trader feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25152
Old 01-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMS Racing View Post
Karl, who is this Stella??? LOL How you doing mate??

We have sold 3 of our 4 RB5's this week due to them being kept at the older pricing (and have been out of Lazer's since before Chrimbo) but as has been said already, the new price IS going to ruin a lot of the good work you guys are doing for Kyosho.

A read with interest all that has been said in this section and many things like the tie-up with Orion, the quality of Kyosho are all 100% true but while the Japanese Yen is kicking us all firmly in balls none of us are going to sell Jack Sh*@.

I priced the RB5 out with Mike yesterday (as well as many. mnay other kits), and it is going to sit up around £255-280 now, which is just waaaayyyy of the mark, even "IF" the likes of the B4 FT go up by "another" 20% (as you predict, from what it has already risen by,) it will still only sell in the shops for around £205!!!

Our new X-Factory X6 Squared comes out in the next 10/14 days and even with prices increses the conversion is still going to be reasonably priced (around £140/145 street price) even with the US $ trading today at around 1.28 or below.

I really do think that tough times in the economy or not that if Mr FDL (Christophe) and Mr Kyosho want you guys to do some sensible numbers here in the UK during these bleak times then they are going to "HAVE" to sort out some better pricing whilst the economy is on its backside. It is all well and good stating they have to make a profit but 10% on a few is far better than 30% on bugger all!!!!!

Go and pull some strings Mr.Marsden.....

Take care, catch up with you soon, Darren

Hi Darren,

I am good thanks, just got back from....wait for it a Race at a round of the indoor Broxtowe club, all good, and what an excellent track and following of new racers! Great to see and hear, well done guys!

I managed to kindly borrow everything again from the "Sharp" brothers, so thanks guys as it's a perfect days racing and very much appreciated, with nothing to do at all, just charge and race, perfect!

I will get a car built up now....I promise.

OK,
I personally do not have the answers right now, as to where the market goes this year, certainly makes all our lives very difficult and I prefer to leave that the main men above to do there best, but I am glad you sold your RB5 kits mate, as it's nice that people are fancying a change as it helps everyone.

You know we will do our best to do what we can, and maybe the new RB5 SP will save our customers money as it comes with all the parts they were asking for like the Worlds Rear End conversion.

I hope all the Boyal Family is well, please say hello, and that you are selling lots of Kyosho for us as it's good to be doing buisness again with you mate

See you soon
Karl