Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Silverstone

Old 20-11-2013

Default Club shop - what do you want?

I've recently been asked by members for a few of the less common tyres and I don't think many people know what we actually stock, so I figured I should post on here what we already have.

Currently stocked:
Schumacher Yellow mini-spike rears
Schumacher Yellow low-profile cut stagger fronts (2wd)
Schumacher Yellow mini-spike fronts (4wd)
Schumacher Yellow mini-pin rears
Schumacher Yellow mini-spike rears (Truck)
Rear inserts
4wd front inserts
Truck inserts

I've also been asked about shortcourse tyres which we don't currently stock, but could do if people would be interested in buying them?

James

Schumacher KC / KF / K1 Aero / MI4CXL - SRCMCC - Puppy Paint
Old 20-11-2013

What about the following items for the shop as well:

Double sided tape
Body clips
Shock oil
Ty wraps (cable ties)
Super glue
etc

General consumables or is that going a bit to far?

Old 20-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iang454 View Post
What about the following items for the shop as well:

Double sided tape
Body clips
Shock oil
Ty wraps (cable ties)
Super glue
etc

General consumables or is that going a bit to far?

Good ideas mate, we would need to support the shop on these sort of items. Others could include AA batteries (for transmitters), Acetone, black bin liners to carry broken cars home in

Also thought of a rent a 2wd for the night (I know trucks are available) with the amount of people visiting recently looking to get into the sport. If a 2wd was available to test drive at a small rent cost it may be a good start for someone to see if they enjoy it before shelling out money. Once this encourages in new people the money will benefit the club. Would this option be taken up often enough?

Just random ideas thrown out there?

As Ian stated I know of at least 4 people who have been in asking questions in the last few meetings.
Old 22-11-2013

"Also thought of a rent a 2wd for the night (I know trucks are available) with the amount of people visiting recently looking to get into the sport. If a 2wd was available to test drive at a small rent cost it may be a good start for someone to see if they enjoy it before shelling out money. Once this encourages in new people the money will benefit the club. Would this option be taken up often enough?

Just random ideas thrown out there?

As Ian stated I know of at least 4 people who have been in asking questions in the last few meetings.[/QUOTE]"

Sorry this has nothing to do with the shop thread but is linked to Never On A Mondays comment.

Just my tuppence worth as one of the people that popped in & asked questions. I have since been fortunate enough to use the club truck which I enjoyed very much.
I have ordered a 2WD buggy to use but having seen the quality of cars & drivers that are at the meetings I wonder if I should have gone down the slightly less popular truck route (Not taking anything away from the guys running trucks as I didn't see which way they went either).
I know that most meetings are over subscribed so another class may not fit in but as a newbie/returnee I would feel more comfortable if there was maybe a standard motor class that would be financially more accessible & allow people with the cheaper RTR kits (my budget doubled after my visit yet I'm sure I will not initially go any faster)to have a go without being lapped every other lap & not having to worry about being in the way & messing up more experienced drivers' races.
Old 22-11-2013

I think the two club trucks fill the requirement for an "arrive-and-drive" option for new members. Remember that the idea is to let someone try RC racing (possibly for the first time) so it makes sense to have trucks available since breakages are less common, and there is no risk of interfering with the championship results in 2wd.

With regards to the club shop, I don't want to sound negative but please bear in mind that there is no permanent storage facility so we have to be practical with what is stocked (and I have to carry it all as well as my own race kit!). Some of the more general consumables might be useful once in a blue moon but I don't think we would actually sell many on a per-week basis and from my experience the club members are all friendly enough to lend some batteries/superglue etc. when needed. Shock oil is a maybe so I'll have a look into that, but there are potential issues with lots of different brands/viscosities etc.

James

Schumacher KC / KF / K1 Aero / MI4CXL - SRCMCC - Puppy Paint
Old 22-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingers View Post
I think the two club trucks fill the requirement for an "arrive-and-drive" option for new members.
Just to set everyone's expectations at the right level.... I cannot provide a regular "arrive-and-drive" service. If people book the trucks by early Monday evening, I can get the trucks prepared then and bring them Tuesday. If not booked, I cannot promise that they will be ready or even be with me..... The last few weeks I have had very meager practice time as I have been preparing trucks..... I arrive later these days, anyway, because of work.
Old 22-11-2013

Sorry Jez, last week was my fault but I was very appreciative of all your efforts & help.
I have booked early this week.

With regards to the shop, obviously parts are a no go due to the wide range of models out there but tyres, inserts & as someone mentioned a few common consumables (could they not live in a small box in the wheeled cage rather than someone having to lug them about?).
Yes I could borrow a spot of super glue but I still need to go out & buy some the next week so why not buy it at the club & let them make a bit on it rather than B&Q etc.
I may even be able to help with purchasing of some things such as cable ties as the company I work for deals with a few wholesalers of this sort of thing.
Old 22-11-2013
Mad Member

Personally I think the club shop should stay with tyres and inserts to keep things simple.

Stocking oil means having to stock pretty much every popular grade or its pointless, plus you would need a couple of bottles of each at least, so it seems a little OTT to me...

The other items are the kind of things you can either borrow/blag or keep a few in your box.. plus with Kev (insideline) a regular its not like the other bits can't be ordered and even brought to the club...
Old 22-11-2013

+1 adam
dont forget there is insideline.. and if that fails pound shop
Old 22-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by x313 View Post
Personally I think the club shop should stay with tyres and inserts to keep things simple.
Wise words!

Nothing to do with me thank god, James has now taken on this role and is doing a fantastic job. However, brave chap with this post, I will find other duties to keep you busy NOOOOOOOOOO problem pal
Old 22-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckie stella View Post
I will find other duties to keep you busy NOOOOOOOOOO problem pal
Maybe he can give your fighter Jet a wash, eh, Top Gun!
Old 22-11-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Maybe one of these guys Matt's is modelling himself on?!

http://youtu.be/QiOL45lRdRs

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 22-11-2013

PMSL :w oot:
Old 23-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRCMCC View Post
Maybe he can give your fighter Jet a wash, eh, Top Gun!
Haahaa