Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals

Old 14-08-2007

Ash, you're very lucky to have a good permanent track so close to you (i certainly miss being able to test there ).
How about less sitting on your backside typing and more using the time usefully to get to the track and practice, practice, practice. You'll be amazed just how much difference it'll make when it counts on a Sunday. (I know you don't drive but there are ways such as bike, lift, etc, etc.)
Use your initiative and get practicing, it'll be a win-win for everyone.
Old 14-08-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyb4 View Post
I know but dont we have more f1's this year than last year and when we get rid of the f2's that get there f1's at nationals i should be higher up. But if i dont get my f4 this year thats it im giving up. I also wish with 4wd it was 2 to count instead of 3 as then i could have my marston result and if i do good at kiddy my kiddy result and i should be up there. As im 53rd overall in 4wd and ive only done 2 events and the one was shocking.

A
The number of F1 licenses given out per class over the past couple of years has been pretty consistent. But what is happening is different drivers are gaining F1 in the two classes, so in total there may be a few more F1's.

As for the license at Regionals. it is calculated as follows

The number of drivers that satisfy the point scoring requirements for a Region’s particular Series will be used as the base figure.

Any drivers included in this base figure, that have gained their licence from the National Series of the current year (F1, F2 and demoted F1) will be subtracted from the base figure to give an adjusted base figure on which the calculations will be based.
(It follows that Regional licence grades can only be established when the results of the National Championship are finalised.)

FORMULA 2 - The top 20% of the adjusted base figure is used against the final series’ results to determine the F2 drivers. (2WD and 4WD)

FORMULA 3 - The next 30% of the adjusted base figure is used against the final series’ results to determine the F3 drivers. (2WD and 4WD)

FORMULA 4 - The next 30% of the adjusted base figure is used against the final series’ results to determine the F4 drivers. (2WD and 4WD)

FORMULA 5 - The final 20% of the adjusted base figure is used against the final series’ results to determine the F5 drivers (2WD and 4WD)

Extra Note: - FORMULA 5- This licence grade may be awarded to any competent driver at the discretion of the club officials.

Old 14-08-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Wraggy

well thats cleared that up then ..
ha ha still havnt got a clue where i will be then ... lol
Old 14-08-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraggy View Post
well thats cleared that up then ..
ha ha still havnt got a clue where i will be then ... lol
A clever bloke like you
Old 14-08-2007
Spends too long on oOple ...

I do go any practise quiet a bit its not everyday i do go at least once a fortnight the only problem recently is the weather.

If i dont get my f4 i will be highly annoyed the ammount of money and effort ive put in.

A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz_Stanton View Post
Ash, you're very lucky to have a good permanent track so close to you (i certainly miss being able to test there ).
How about less sitting on your backside typing and more using the time usefully to get to the track and practice, practice, practice. You'll be amazed just how much difference it'll make when it counts on a Sunday. (I know you don't drive but there are ways such as bike, lift, etc, etc.)
Use your initiative and get practicing, it'll be a win-win for everyone.

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 14-08-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Wraggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by _sleigh_ View Post
A clever bloke like you
well by my calculations, i think it will be F3 . but very close to F2 ??
based on 4wd results
Old 14-08-2007

Getting back to the AGM.
Tom you had me cheering right up until the "oldies" line!!!!
Old 14-08-2007
Mad Member

Charlie, could you confirm the date that rule proposals need to be in by (or has it passed) I know it used to be by the Circuit Chatter print date, but I seem to remember it changing?

Thanks, Phil
Old 14-08-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardeeee View Post

Thistley High School,
Stoke on Trent,
Sunday Oct 28th 2007.

Cheers,
Yardy
Do you know the postcode, please?

Tomtom will get me there!
Old 14-08-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathy View Post
Do you know the postcode, please?

Tomtom will get me there!
Here we goes Mr Bathy

Newcastle Lane
Penkhull
Stoke on Trent
ST4 5JJ
Old 14-08-2007
Mad Member

How does the AGM go then? Is it very formal?

Perhaps we could do something that'd make it more fun or interesting to make more people want to come along? Perhaps a free brushless system for everyone who attends, donated by our drivers rep?

Seriously though, there must be something that the oval guys are doing right, or something we're missing? Because 15 attendees is bloody awful really!
Old 14-08-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopite View Post
Perhaps we could do something that'd make it more fun or interesting to make more people want to come along? Perhaps a free brushless system for everyone who attends, donated by our drivers rep?
Old 14-08-2007
#1 ZX5 fan

I'm going to try to make this year, but I think the low turnout is because if you have no particular reason to want to change a rule it is along way for many people (though I agree Stoke is fairly central). Also my misses can't understand why I travel to far to race, telling her I'm going just to talk about it and she'll do her nut!

For what it's worth, I think adding an extra heat to the nationals is completely wrong. The days are plenty long enough as it is (for everyone), if anything I'd like to see a heat less so I'm not quite so ruined on a monday morning in work. I won't be going so far as submitting this though!

Nortech is ACE!
Old 14-08-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardeeee View Post
Hey guys and girls,

Only 1/12 circuit had a lower turnout of people attend their section AGM in 06. Here are some figures taken from the circuit chatter:
Cheers,
Yardy
I agree with your points. But just a note the figures for the 1/12 circuit are not technically correct, 1/12 is a winter series and therefore have their own AGM in April different to everyone else and there were quite a lot there.
Old 14-08-2007

Phil.
You are right to say that the closing date for rule change proposals is the closing date for circuit chatter (normally six weeks before the AGM date). I sent those that I have received todate today. Having said that proposals can still be offerred as even if received after the cut-off date they will still be discussed by the committee.
Dan
Thanks for making the point that the committee hope is relevant. If every thing with our National series was awful we would expect you all to turn up to tell us. We live in hope that low attendance is a sign that the majority are satisfied.
Regards.
Old 14-08-2007
BANNED

I think that's spot on Charlie.

The committee has the thing stitched up tight enough already to make the AGM at best a formality and at worst almost an anachronism (almost - as it'll be needed when the comitee all get senile we vote them off).
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 14-08-2007
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

Thing is, if people see the proposals and don't mind either way (or there is nothing "major") then they don't go - and go racing instead. Maybe clubs should be asked not to hold meetings on the day - or at least not major meetings?? you can't really forse them though i guess
Old 14-08-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Ashley, It seems as if you are wanting to change the rules just to suit your situation. I think things are about as good as they could be, on race day that is, I have been to the Euro's 3 times now, and we DEF!!!!! have a superb run series here!!!!!

As far as going to the AGM, I would like to go, but..... it means another 400 mile round trip, minimum, from down here. I am all for supporting our section, but is there any other way to participate without another long distance drive, maybe via internet or something??????
Old 14-08-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattW View Post
Thing is, if people see the proposals and don't mind either way (or there is nothing "major") then they don't go - and go racing instead. Maybe clubs should be asked not to hold meetings on the day - or at least not major meetings?? you can't really forse them though i guess
It does say in the Constitution section of the Handbook that NO BRCA sanctioned meeting are to be run on the date of the AGM.
Old 14-08-2007

Send a message via MSN to tc2k

Quote:
But if i dont get my f4 this year thats it im giving up. I also wish with 4wd it was 2 to count instead of 3 as then i could have my marston result and if i do good at kiddy my kiddy result and i should be up there.

A
Quote:
If i dont get my f4 i will be highly annoyed the ammount of money and effort ive put in.

A
So basically your saying youll give up if yoiu dont get your way and get your license grade up and that you think the rules should be changed based on your own experience. Also, dont matter what kit youve got, if you cant take it round the track well enough, dont make no difference.