Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Hot Bodies / HPI

Old 05-05-2009

Default d4 bits and hop ups

hi all. i am a newbie again after recently digging out my old bosscat. i have just purchased a used d4 from this forum to replace it and i need a front bumper and undertray for it. where can i get them from?

also as a non wce car, are any of the wce bits worth upgrading to? and at what ££? is a one way kit worthwhile? i see that the hb uses a different style of one way system to my bosscat which uses one-way driveshafts.

i am using a 8x2 motor in it at the moment, is this ok & what pinion?

last question i promise-is it worth upgrading to li-po and brushless and how expensive is it and where from ect.

sorry for all the questions and thankyou in advance.

bryn
Old 05-05-2009
Mad Member

it all depends how seriouse you are gonna be racing if you are then the wce slipper clutch would be the only thing to do first of then the shocks as for converting to lipos yes defintly in the long run they are much cheaper than sub c cells and they are agro free.

stu rand
Old 05-05-2009

thanks stu,

TBH i don't even race at the moment, i only use it for messing around on at the local park. once i get a bit more used to it, i'll probably go to a track, are there any near northampton area? i'm in towcester. what do i need li-po wise? will any li-po fit? connections etc will my speedo work with it(m-tronics viper)?

if i am only using it at the park, should i just sell it and get a nitro car? would i get more bank for my buck?

cheers,
bryn
Old 05-05-2009

You now have 2 very good tracks on your door step

Silverstone buggy club out door astro they have a regional coming up soon

Bicester buggy club indoor clay race Wednesday nights.
Old 07-05-2009

great stuff!! silverstone's only 5 mins away. i'll get myself over there. i'll be scared of crashing into people though

is the d4 based on a b44? they look very similar. as does the jconcepts car? to my eyes anyway.

cheers,
bryn
Old 07-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryn View Post
great stuff!! silverstone's only 5 mins away. i'll get myself over there. i'll be scared of crashing into people though

is the d4 based on a b44? they look very similar. as does the jconcepts car? to my eyes anyway.

cheers,
bryn
I wish my track was 5 mins away instead of 45
Old 07-05-2009

Send a message via ICQ to Scouser

For me, the main parts to upgrade to WCE spec are the front and rear shock towers which are far less prone to delamination, the wide front bumper and as already mentioned, the slipper clutch. The D4 is a fantastic car, really nice to drive and responds very well to setup changes. I am sure you will be fine as a beginner at your club, everyone there was a newcomer at some point!
The parts you need are available from anywhere with a Mirage account but Apex and Modelsport are pretty good for bits. I would pick up some front wishbones, a couple of front shocktowers and some diff cases as spares.
The upgrade to brushless and Li-Po is definitely something for the future but certainly not necessary straight away, especially with an 8x2!!
Front one-way is something that you can think about when you go racing but for just running round a park then I wouldn't bother just yet.
Hope this helps mate.