Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 05-11-2012

Default cat sx3 suggested mods?

Hi all

Im a noobie sx3 owner and shes a little tail happy on grass. as far as I know the guy I bought it from had it setup in standard factory setup. Someones suggested to me to get the widened rear track, and apparently theres a new steering mod that gives the cat a better steering lock?

anyone tried this?

ta
Old 06-11-2012

I've heard there's a mod that will make you a good few seconds a lap faster......................

It's really simple all you have to do is pass your transmitter to someone with some driving ability. I am pretty sure that this is a really cheap mod and requires very little mechanical knowledge to fit...

Old 06-11-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun_TLR View Post
Hi all

Im a noobie sx3 owner and shes a little tail happy on grass. as far as I know the guy I bought it from had it setup in standard factory setup. Someones suggested to me to get the widened rear track, and apparently theres a new steering mod that gives the cat a better steering lock?

anyone tried this?

ta
if your rear is loose why would you need more steering lock?
Old 06-11-2012

Is it Nic's old SX3 (Norfolk/Suffolk area) - I'm guessing because the bloke with the funny comment is from Norwich & must be a mate (either that or he's just being horrible)

If it is - you need to have a look at the rear diff. It is a diff & not a spool
Old 06-11-2012

Yes it is Nics old cat.

She's behaving a little strangely (Altho granted it was slightly wet). She understands into a corner (hence wanting some more lock) then once it does turn in the back just lets go and ends up doing doughnuts. Not really what you'd expect from a 4wd given that she prob handles worse than my 22......at least the 22 rear is certainly more planted.

I have got a set of brass saddle lipo trays on the way in hope of keeping the rear more planted.....hence my question about the steering lock mod and the wide rear track
Old 06-11-2012

I think you would be better off posting your set up on here then we could have more of a guess what the issue is. Also your problem could be tyres, what were using, what surface and conditions?
Old 07-11-2012

its a standard sx3 from what I can tell (however brass saddle trays arrived today - should keep rear planted a little better). its on yellow minispikes on rear in slightly damp (not really worthy of ballistics wet if that makes sense)

The 2 mods mentioned are suggestions of a friend, so just wondered if anyone had tried them, and how they went. Also whether theres anything else I can fiddle with

ta muchly
Old 12-11-2012

Under steer isn't curred by more steering lock. If its going straight on with the amount of steering lock you currently have then it'll go straight on however much lock you have.

A complete setup sheet is more use to someone trying to solve your problem as each adjustable component affects another.

There is never a right setup, as some things are adjusted in compensation for other things